Estimated 2022 Salary Cap-About $208 Million

Just Want A Title

22 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think that is recency  bias.  NOTHING was worse than the Millen years.  NOTHING.  Like possibly in all of sports.

Maybe, but Millen hired coaches who players wanted to play for. Not to leave because they were colossal **** heads. Quin may have been slightly better than Millen, but he hired Patricia sooooo...

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Maybe, but Millen hired coaches who players wanted to play for. Not to leave because they were colossal **** heads. Quin may have been slightly better than Millen, but he hired Patricia sooooo...

I mean Patricia was bad...Like really bad.  But I think Millen hired a coach that took the wind and another one that had to have old aging Bucs and went 0-16.

How pathetic is it that Lions fans have another front office that is so bad that fans are debating if it was worse than the worst GM in sports history?

• Like 1

The Quinn/Patricia years were pretty bad. Not as bad as Millen, I think, but it definitely set the team back years. Just...so many picks that turned out to be nothing combined with terrible coaching/development. The high picks that busted (think Tavai, Davis, Tabor, etc.) are especially painful because you really count on those picks to at least give you an average type of player. 

Edited by Lions017

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

The Quinn/Patricia years were pretty bad. Not as bad as Millen, I think, but it definitely set the team back years. Just...so many picks that turned out to be nothing combined with terrible coaching/development. The high picks that busted (think Tavai, Davis, Tabor, etc.) are especially painful because you really count on those picks to at least give you an average type of player. 

To me it's like deciding which disease you would rather die of. All my point is, that I think you can make an argument either way.

Millen was awful, but there was still excitement at times.  I don't think I have ever been as disinterested in the Lions as I was the last year of Quintricia.  I watched less games than ever and really just didnt keep up on what was happening.  Part of it could be where I am at in life compared to then but as horrid as the Millen years were, the Quintricia years made me stop caring. 

• Like 2

I don't know, Millen was really awful. The stories from behind the scenes of just complete chaos is what stands out to me. Quinntricia were ***** and set the team back. Millen was completely inept in everyway and stuck around. We really have seen some highs and lows from this franchise. Which is why this new regime just feels different. Even though we don't have the wins, yet, I like what i'm seeing at every level. It's refreshing. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/detroit-lions/

This shows us at $39.8M right now, if we cut Flowers we would have another $10.3M.  If we cut him post June 1, it would be an extra $16M.  Vatai would save us another 4.2M unless cut after June 1 he would then save us $7M.  Cutting Romeo Okwara after June 1 would save $6M so depending on how he recovers from the Achilles injury we could potentially be around $60M in cap space. 

Cutting Okwara doesn't make a lot of sense.  He doesn't have an injury history and he made plays regularly.  If he is healthy he should stay.  You can never have enough quality pass rushers.  They just need to do a better job of using his speed.

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Cutting Okwara doesn't make a lot of sense.  He doesn't have an injury history and he made plays regularly.  If he is healthy he should stay.  You can never have enough quality pass rushers.  They just need to do a better job of using his speed.

He tore his Achilles tendon, so the point on cutting him was if he isn't back or on the right track recovery wise.  If he can play, sure we would keep him but thats a hard injury for someone to come back from and be close to as productive as they were before.