The Playoff Picture

onejayhawk

3 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Game PIT - now the Chiefs have it in their own hands to get the bye  ...

Indeed.

We will exit the week as the only 10 win team in the AFC. The NFC has five, but also has a 6-7 playoff team.

Three games left and all the opponents are .500 or better. First up, Steelers at home.

Update: In the late games, Cincinnati beat Denver to move into to the #4 seed. That's a hot team and we play them in Game #16. Denver is now eliminated from any chance of the division title. Baltimore lost to Green Bay and dropped all the way out of the playoffs.  

Edited by onejayhawk

Here is an update. Only three teams have been mathematically eliminated, but that will change significantly in week #16. For example, we can likely knock Pittsburgh out of the playoffs.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-4)
2. New England Patriots (9-5)
3. Tennessee Titans (9-5) 
4. Cincinnati Bengals (8-6)
5. Indianapolis Colts (8-6)
6. Los Angeles Chargers (8-6)
7. Buffalo Bills (8-6)

8. Baltimore Ravens (8-6)
Here is the tiebreaker and a summary article.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/12/20/22846245/kansas-city-chiefs-playoff-picture-christmas-miracle-edition

Edited by onejayhawk

9 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Looking forward to a SB rematch.

However, Tom Brady is looking more vulnerable than ever. And with some WR's laid up, I won't be surprised to find another, different NFC champ for the Chiefs to play.

They're bringing Antonio Brown back because that guy can do what he wants and never face accountability. Mike Evans will be fine and Gronk will be fine by playoffs. I wouldn't count them out quite yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Cleveland lost, dropping into fantasy land. The rest of the AFC picture is unchanged. Right now, all we need to do is beat the Steelers.

J

Screen and run game going to have to do it this week. At least early, without Kelce or Hill. I believe they can create a game plan, especially with the defense all going to be there.

5 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

Screen and run game going to have to do it this week. At least early, without Kelce or Hill. I believe they can create a game plan, especially with the defense all going to be there.

It remains to be seen who will and will not be held out. Gordon and Gay have already returned from the COVID list. Sneed is back as well. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk