Stupid, but fun draft simulator draft

LionArkie

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like PFFs the best after the season but right now its annoying because you can only do 2 rounds and the draft order is randomized. 

I tend to use TDN because they have pretty decent profiles and sometimes will project the outcome "starting X receiver", "backup OG", etc. I do wonder which of these is the most accurate for both player rankings (how good the player actually winds up being) as well as draft position (where they are taken in the draft). 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I tend to use TDN because they have pretty decent profiles and sometimes will project the outcome "starting X receiver", "backup OG", etc. I do wonder which of these is the most accurate for both player rankings (how good the player actually winds up being) as well as draft position (where they are taken in the draft). 

I like TDNs but I don't pay and they dont let you trade without paying.  But between them and PFF is where I sort of get my values from as I think they are the most accurate. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like TDNs but I don't pay and they dont let you trade without paying.  But between them and PFF is where I sort of get my values from as I think they are the most accurate. 

Yeah.. I splurged on it after doing enough mocks with the deep desire to trade down. I don't even remember how much it is and should probably cancel it. 

4 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, IRL I'd be pissed as well. I'm super high on Hutchison.  He has the skill set and the intangibles to do some great things. I've done this several times now and I always prefer the haul of staying put vs the potential of next years draft. I still might trade #33 for next years first from Carolina. It would depend on who is on board.

I’m also high on Hutch. He shows up, always plays hard and and then manages to find an extra gear in big games. On top of that he’s a local man. Local pride combined with talent is a great combination.

I would prefer the Lions to have as many picks in the top 100 as possible. The Lions need top end talent more than anything. 

I really think Hutch offers the largest potential improvement to the Lions of any player in this draft. If they can draft him, add the best available receiver with the Rams pick it will be a good start. I suspect they might move the Rams pick if there’s a reasonable offer.

Devin Lloyd is another player I really, really  like. Also, if he declares Sam Laporta 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m also high on Hutch. He shows up, always plays hard and and then manages to find an extra gear in big games. On top of that he’s a local man. Local pride combined with talent is a great combination.

I would prefer the Lions to have as many picks in the top 100 as possible. The Lions need top end talent more than anything. 

I really think Hutch offers the largest potential improvement to the Lions of any player in this draft. If they can draft him, add the best available receiver with the Rams pick it will be a good start. I suspect they might move the Rams pick if there’s a reasonable offer.

Devin Lloyd is another player I really, really  like. Also, if he declares Sam Laporta 

The thing with Hitch is he has only done it for 1 year.  Kayvon has produced for three years straight, even with injuries this year.  He is an athletic freak, was the top prospect out of high school and has lived up to it.  They had similar years and I feel Kayvon is safer to reach his ceiling.  One year wonders always make me nervous but that was an impressive year Hitch had. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I can kind of understand it, but he was injured in 2020. One year wonders scare me when it’s talent alone. But when they have high motors and crazy work ethic then I worry quite a bit less.

Well Kenny Wilikes put up similar numbers with his crazy work ethic and motor and was a late round pick.  Kayvon is the far superior athlete IMO, and has the production to go with it.  Hutch had a solid career, and I would be perfectly fine taking him if there wasn't someone like Kayvon there.  But I am having a hard time justifying him being the #1 pick. Maybe the combine and workouts will actually mean something this year.  

I will say I am not a fan of Kayvon skipping the bowl game.  So I guess there is that as a knock against him.  I know its meaningless but you still signed up to play the year, play it out.  I know there have been a couple injuries but that's football.  You can get hurt in practice or just training.  

40 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well Kenny Wilikes put up similar numbers with his crazy work ethic and motor and was a late round pick.  Kayvon is the far superior athlete IMO, and has the production to go with it.  Hutch had a solid career, and I would be perfectly fine taking him if there wasn't someone like Kayvon there.  But I am having a hard time justifying him being the #1 pick. Maybe the combine and workouts will actually mean something this year.  

I will say I am not a fan of Kayvon skipping the bowl game.  So I guess there is that as a knock against him.  I know its meaningless but you still signed up to play the year, play it out.  I know there have been a couple injuries but that's football.  You can get hurt in practice or just training.  

I have absolutely no problem with someone in Kayvon's position skipping a meaningless bowl game. He is in a position to set his family up for generations. It's a good decision to avoid the risk. His stock can't go up by playing in a bowl game, but it can go down if he's injured. We've seen it happen plenty of times before. 

22 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I have absolutely no problem with someone in Kayvon's position skipping a meaningless bowl game. He is in a position to set his family up for generations. It's a good decision to avoid the risk. His stock can't go up by playing in a bowl game, but it can go down if he's injured. We've seen it happen plenty of times before. 

It can go up, or at least maintain.  If Hutch goes out and has a big CFP game or two, he will likely move ahead of Kayvon.  So could some of the QBs or Kyle Hamilton if he has a big game.  I know players have been hurt in bowl games but also players have been hurt training for the combine, should they stop training for the combine too?  There is a character that I like to see and a person that skips out on his teammates for personal gain IMO is a flag.  Especially for the #1 pick.  Its unfortunate because I would like to see Kayvon against better talent and I would prefer my top pick be a team guy.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It can go up, or at least maintain.  If Hutch goes out and has a big CFP game or two, he will likely move ahead of Kayvon.  So could some of the QBs or Kyle Hamilton if he has a big game.  I know players have been hurt in bowl games but also players have been hurt training for the combine, should they stop training for the combine too?  There is a character that I like to see and a person that skips out on his teammates for personal gain IMO is a flag.  Especially for the #1 pick.  Its unfortunate because I would like to see Kayvon against better talent and I would prefer my top pick be a team guy.  

If Kayvon doesn't play and anyone else plays well, Kayvon's floor is still being picked in the top 3 imo. If Kayvon gets hurt he can drop rounds. The difference between a top 3 rookie deal and a mid round rookie deal is significant.

It's not rare for prospects who can't improve their stock to pick and choose what drills, if any, they want to do at the combine. It's a risk/reward thing. If the risk of injury outweighs the possibility of moving up draft boards it's smart to sit out imo.

If healthy, Kayvon has the opportunity to set his family up for generations. It would be more selfish to risk that opportunity for a meaningless Alamobowl game. Every coach and teammate should be able to understand that. If someone in Kayvon's situation decided to play in a meaningless game, I'd certainly think of them as a good teammate and someone who has a passion for football. However that doesn't mean it's a red flag for someone to weigh the risk vs the reward and act accordingly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

If Kayvon doesn't play and anyone else plays well, Kayvon's floor is still being picked in the top 3 imo. If Kayvon gets hurt he can drop rounds. The difference between a top 3 rookie deal and a mid round rookie deal is significant.

It's not rare for prospects who can't improve their stock to pick and choose what drills, if any, they want to do at the combine. It's a risk/reward thing. If the risk of injury outweighs the possibility of moving up draft boards it's smart to sit out imo.

If healthy, Kayvon has the opportunity to set his family up for generations. It would be more selfish to risk that opportunity for a meaningless Alamobowl game. Every coach and teammate should be able to understand that. If someone in Kayvon's situation decided to play in a meaningless game, I'd certainly think of them as a good teammate and someone who has a passion for football. However that doesn't mean it's a red flag for someone to weigh the risk vs the reward and act accordingly. 

Agreed. I'd rather see him play if that's what he wants to do but I can 110% understand why he would opt out of it. It's a calculated risk for him as Hutchinson could absolutely blow things up in the CFP and cement his status as the #1 overall pick. Both guys could also get hurt along the way hurting their stock and/or immediate impact at the next level. 

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I certainly don't disagree with this and I would probably sit out as well as my family is worth far more to me than a meaningless bowl game. However, if I'm a GM evaluating and all things are equal or incredibly close during the evaluation, I would tend to take Kayvon's not playing into consideration.  IF all things are equal.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I certainly don't disagree with this and I would probably sit out as well as my family is worth far more to me than a meaningless bowl game. However, if I'm a GM evaluating and all things are equal or incredibly close during the evaluation, I would tend to take Kayvon's not playing into consideration.  IF all things are equal.

I don't have any problem with using someone skipping a bowl game as a tie breaker.