Stupid, but fun draft simulator draft

LionArkie

When trades on PFF go crazy:
9. Jordan Davis - DT Gerogia -- I really like this guy. I liked him before the combine, and now like him even more. However, I think he is going to have to rotate a lot as he only played less than half the defensive snaps at Georgia. With that being said, I love the idea of rotating DT's...I've always felt that is a good way to put a ton of pressure on the opposing OL especially late in the game.

15. Devin Lloyd LB Utah - We need LBers. So let's take the best one in the draft

19. Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU - I like this guy a lot. I think he has the potential to be the best Edge player out of the draft.

44. Jahan Dotson WR PSU- We need WR and he was the best one on the board. There was a heavy first round rush on WR and I was targeting Johnson and Lloyd in the middle of the first.

79. Brandon Smith - LB Penn State -- Something about needing LB.

107. Erik Ezukanma - WR Texas Tech - I don't know much about this guy, but his write up sounded decent.

2023 - Dever 1st

2023 - Carolina 1st

2023 - Cleveland 2nd

2023 - Carolina 3rd

2023 - LAC 7th

I'm not a huge fan of the 2022 draft at the top end, but I do think this is a deep draft. I really like the prospects in the first round so I tried loading up on the top end talent while simultaneously loading up on picks next year (since I was being offered dumb trades). I hate that I missed out on Safety and the top WR. But the draft capital for next year would be good to go and if 2022 decides we need a qb, we have the draft capital to go get one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LionArkie said:

When trades on PFF go crazy:
9. Jordan Davis - DT Gerogia -- I really like this guy. I liked him before the combine, and now like him even more. However, I think he is going to have to rotate a lot as he only played less than half the defensive snaps at Georgia. With that being said, I love the idea of rotating DT's...I've always felt that is a good way to put a ton of pressure on the opposing OL especially late in the game.

15. Devin Lloyd LB Utah - We need LBers. So let's take the best one in the draft

19. Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU - I like this guy a lot. I think he has the potential to be the best Edge player out of the draft.

44. Jahan Dotson WR PSU- We need WR and he was the best one on the board. There was a heavy first round rush on WR and I was targeting Johnson and Lloyd in the middle of the first.

79. Brandon Smith - LB Penn State -- Something about needing LB.

107. Erik Ezukanma - WR Texas Tech - I don't know much about this guy, but his write up sounded decent.

2023 - Dever 1st

2023 - Carolina 1st

2023 - Cleveland 2nd

2023 - Carolina 3rd

2023 - LAC 7th

I'm not a huge fan of the 2022 draft at the top end, but I do think this is a deep draft. I really like the prospects in the first round so I tried loading up on the top end talent while simultaneously loading up on picks next year (since I was being offered dumb trades). I hate that I missed out on Safety and the top WR. But the draft capital for next year would be good to go and if 2022 decides we need a qb, we have the draft capital to go get one.

I like the first four picks. I like Johnson a great deal.

4 first round picks in 23 would be amazing.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 1

• DET
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
  • DET
    Treylon Burks
    WR Arkansas

• DET
    Devonte Wyatt
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    John Metchie III
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • DET
    Quay Walker
    LB Georgia

• DET
    David Bell
    WR Purdue
    trade icon
  • DET
    Kerby Joseph
    S Illinois
    trade icon
  • DET
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Hassan Haskins
    RB Michigan
  • Like 1

No trades. 

2. Aidan Hutchinson EDGE Michigan- BPA

32. Treylon Burks WR Arkansas- BPA

34. Nakobe Dean LB Georgia- BPA

66. Trey McBride TE Colorado State- Love his upside. Think he's the best two way TE in this draft. The one guy I think COULD replace Hockenson if he signs elsewhere.

97. Kerby Joseph S Illinois- BPA

177. JoJo Domann LB Nebraska- BPA

180. Jordan Williams DT Virginia Tech- Moving more to a 4-3, DT becomes a need. I like Williams value here. 

218. Bubba Bolden S Miami-Fl- Depth at S

232. Andrew Stueber OG Michigan- Solid backup OL

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

No trades. 

2. Aidan Hutchinson EDGE Michigan- BPA

32. Treylon Burks WR Arkansas- BPA

34. Nakobe Dean LB Georgia- BPA

66. Trey McBride TE Colorado State- Love his upside. Think he's the best two way TE in this draft. The one guy I think COULD replace Hockenson if he signs elsewhere.

97. Kerby Joseph S Illinois- BPA

177. JoJo Domann LB Nebraska- BPA

180. Jordan Williams DT Virginia Tech- Moving more to a 4-3, DT becomes a need. I like Williams value here. 

218. Bubba Bolden S Miami-Fl- Depth at S

232. Andrew Stueber OG Michigan- Solid backup OL

I like the first three rounds.  Domann is intriguing to me as a LB/CB hybrid.  Would be helpful to have someone who covers as well as he does at his size.  The last few rounds I would swap out for some guys I think have higher upsides but overall I would be happy with this. 

Just picked the guys available, no trades:

2. Jordan Davis, DT. Georgia. 

32. Travon Walker, DE. Georgia. 

34. Kenneth Walker, RB. Michigan State. 

66. Boye Mafe', DE. MInnesota. 

97. Troy Anderson, LB. Montana State. 

177. Micah McFadden, LB. Indiana. 

180. Bubba Bolden, S. Miami.

218. Bo Melton, WR. Rutgers.

232. Tyquan Thornton, WR. Baylor.

• Like 3

I've never seen Anderson play either or the Baylor WR. These guys are the classic case's of combine workouts making them rise/appear. I mean outside of being good athletes idk if either put up stats. 

Everyone else I'm pretty familiar with on that list. I took late round fliers on athletic freaks at positions of need. I'm also kind of assuming Lions will sign 1 UFA linebacker and 1 UFA wide-out.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Just picked the guys available, no trades:

2. Jordan Davis, DT. Georgia. 

32. Travon Walker, DE. Georgia. 

34. Kenneth Walker, RB. Michigan State. 

66. Boye Mafe', DE. MInnesota. 

97. Troy Anderson, LB. Montana State. 

177. Micah McFadden, LB. Indiana. 

180. Bubba Bolden, S. Miami.

218. Bo Melton, WR. Rutgers.

232. Tyquan Thornton, WR. Baylor.

There would be a better chance of getting Walker at 2 and Davis at 32.  

I just did one that had Kenneth Walker available at the top of the third and I took him.  I would like to see a WR earlier but can't be mad at the haul even though I dont want Davis at 2. 

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I've never seen Anderson play either or the Baylor WR. These guys are the classic case's of combine workouts making them rise/appear. I mean outside of being good athletes idk if either put up stats. 

Everyone else I'm pretty familiar with on that list. I took late round fliers on athletic freaks at positions of need. I'm also kind of assuming Lions will sign 1 UFA linebacker and 1 UFA wide-out.

Anderson was rated pretty high by PFF, PFN, and TDN prior to the combine.  I had done a little digging on him but not much.  Just know he was a QB and a RB before moving to LB last year. 

Thornton was not anything special at Baylor from what I can tell but always nice to have some blazing speed at WR and hoping they develop. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There would be a better chance of getting Walker at 2 and Davis at 32.  

I just did one that had Kenneth Walker available at the top of the third and I took him.  I would like to see a WR earlier but can't be mad at the haul even though I dont want Davis at 2. 

I get it, we'll see what happens. 

These simulators are crazy... I did another one where I got Hutch/D.Hill/Burks/Ridder... So... idk take these for what they're worth? idk. lol. 

• DET
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan

• DET
    Drake London
    WR USC

• DET
    Travis Jones
    DT Connecticut
    trade icon
  • DET
    Trey McBride
    TE Colorado State

• DET
    Damone Clark
    LB LSU
    trade icon
  • DET
    Skyy Moore
    WR Western Michigan

• DET
    Zyon McCollum
    CB Sam Houston State

• DET
    Tycen Anderson
    S Toledo

• DET
    Tyquan Thornton

• DET
    Travon Walker
    EDGE Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    DeMarvin Leal
    DT Texas A&M

• DET
    Treylon Burks
    WR Arkansas

• DET
    Boye Mafe
    EDGE Minnesota
    trade icon
  • DET
    Christian Harris
    LB Alabama
    trade icon
  • DET
    John Metchie III
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jalen Wydermyer
    TE Texas A&M
    trade icon
  • DET
    Kerby Joseph
    S Illinois
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jerome Ford
    RB Cincinnati

• DET
    JoJo Domann
    LB Nebraska

• DET
    Jaylen Watson
    CB Washington State

• DET
    Logan Bruss 
    OT, Wisconsin

No trades. 

2. Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon- Aidan went #1. KT and KH are my only options at #2 with Hutch gone. I went with KT.

32. Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia- MCDC said they want to play more 4-3, we need big bodies up front. Levi is still a wasted pick for me. Wyatt is a good fit.

34. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State- Could have went with a number of WR, but I think Watson probably has the highest upside and least injury history of all of them. He can learn from Chark and Reynolds.

66. John Metchie III WR Alabama- Metchie needs to heal, but the value is good here. There is no rush to play him right away.

97. Troy Andersen LB Montana State- Played QB, LB and S in highschool. A swiss army knife of a player. Ran a 4.42 40, impressed at the Senior bowl. Think he can play right away. 

177. JoJo Domann LB Nebraska- Also a guy who can play LB and S. Good back pedal. Good instincts. Gritty player. 

180. Josh Jobe CB Alabama- Best value here. Added depth with all of our CBs on IR last season. 

218. Dylan Parham OG Memphis- I like Parham. Adds depth to our trenches. 

240. Nephi Sewell LB Utah- A few guys I could have gone with here, but chose the Sewell.