Browns attempted to trade for AJ McCarron, thwarted by NFL front office

pwny

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

At what point do you stop just "pushing it through", though?

Late by a few minutes/hours/days/weeks?

Deadlines are in place in all walks of business, sport and general life for a reason.

Think of it more as a show of mercy since the Browns are soooooo bad

I feel like the Browns did this on purpose.

Their front office was getting a lot of heat for going home early and missing out on Jimmy G.

So they did this to make it look to their fans and the rest of the NFL community that they tried to do something.

Maybe I'm giving Cleveland too much credit though. That could be way too smart for them.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like the Browns did this on purpose.

Their front office was getting a lot of heat for going home early and missing out on Jimmy G.

So they did this to make it look to their fans and the rest of the NFL community that they tried to do something.

Maybe I'm giving Cleveland too much credit though. That could be way too smart for them.

Yeah who knows. The price seems too high. Enjoy free agency AJ.

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

At what point do you stop just "pushing it through", though?

Late by a few minutes/hours/days/weeks?

Deadlines are in place in all walks of business, sport and general life for a reason.

And deadlines get missed all the time. At what point do you stop pushing it through? When one of two things happen:

1. Neither team beats the deadline; or

2. It's clear the team did not make a good faith effort to comply with it.

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

2 and 3? And Jimmy is just a 2? 

One got traded to a team in the other conference, for potentially the first pick of the second. I’d assume on top of this being more because it is a division rival, the Browns also were likely giving up one of their a later 2nd rounders.

Still too much imo, but it at least starts to explain the disparity.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This just makes them look incompetent though.

Why not just have someone leak that they’re inquiring on Cousins if they’re just trying to look good for show?

More like thwarted by Browns incompetence. Did they really not report while Cincinnatti did. I think it's clear that the front office and Jackson are on the hot seat to start winning now or else they will be replaced. Why else would Cleveland trade for a QB despite having invested in Kizer.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

More like thwarted by Browns incompetence. Did they really not report while Cincinnatti did. I think it's clear that the front office and Jackson are on the hot seat to start winning now or else they will be replaced. Why else would Cleveland trade for a QB despite having invested in Kizer.

Well when you have reports that the FO is leaving at 5 while the coaching staffs stays then this happens, that's a sign your FO is incompetent.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

They only seem invested in Kizer sometimes though. Haven't they been benching him every other week for the last month or so?

Archived