Pats @ Bills MNF Thread

The BILLievers

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s not a dumb rule. A team shouldn’t get the benefit of an extra timeout because their player got hurt. Even if it’s incidental it’s the opposite of a delay of game. There has to be something to offset the damage it does to the offense trying to run out the clock. Resetting and winding the play clock and game clock is an appropriate compromise. 

Stop the play clock/game clock, and remove the player, and restart the game/play clock.

its like a pause.

thats too common sense for the nfl to do that though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Patriots with HFA would certainly be scary but am I really supposed to believe Mac Jones is going to be the rookie that finally makes a SB? 

Wrong question. 

Am I supposed to believe a Belichick team is going to be the first to field a SB contending rookie? Possible, IMO.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Patriots with HFA would certainly be scary but am I really supposed to believe Mac Jones is going to be the rookie that finally makes a SB? I don’t see it. I know nobody else in the AFC looks particularly impressive but come January I am betting an offense can play well enough vs NE that Mac is forced into uncomfortable territory, and struggles. 

I hear you, but coming into this game they were averaging 35 PPG over the 6-0 streak... this offense can put up points.  I wouldn't read too much into tonight.  Josh Allen just played his *** off and threw for 145 yards. 

Obviously they're treating Mac with kid gloves when they can but he's been more than capable when called upon to carry the offense.  We'll see what happens in January.

How do you lose a game like this? The Bills are at home, have the better roster, the opposing QB is a rookie who isnt equipped to play in weather conditions like the one in Buffalo thus him only throwing the ball 3 times AND you hold the opponent to 14pts like Buffalo did? Buffalo supposed to have an MVP candidate at QB. Allen got paid to win games like these. 

The only thing I think of is just like last season when the Pats beat the Ravens in the pour rain, this game suit the Pats in terms of running the ball a ton. The Bills cant run so they had to throw. Again this is why the Bills drafted Allen and paid him all this money. He has a big arm to throw in these conditions and he shouldve look like an MVP candidate and the Bills coming into this game literally as the AFC favs to get to the Superbowl. You have to find a way to win this game and the Bills once again came up short. 

I have to say the Pats winning this game shows that yes you can say they are the best team in the AFC. Now I still want to see what they do against the Colts and they play the Bills again but right now I have no argument. The Bills keep stumbling, the Ravens are legit frauds at the top due to injuries and Lamar playing bad, the Titans dont have Henry and both their top receivers so they are starting to crash, the Chiefs are on a win streak but the only legit team they beat as of late was a Cowboys team that wasnt even at half way full strength as and even in their win streak the offense still looks off. Dont get me started about the up and down Chargers and Bengals. So the Pats are right where they need to be and thats at the top of AFC playing great football. I dont think they will get to the Superbowl with Mac Jones right now bc I cant think of a rookie QB taking his team to the Superbowl but the Pats will be a team that will scare alot of teams in the playoffs especially if the road to the Superbowl has to go through New England. 

Edited by stl4life07

3 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

It's weird, I've seen several tweets with the same tone, like this was a brilliantly coached game. Don't get me wrong, it was very well-coached, but one of the best ever, are you kidding me?

Yeah and they also scored literally 1 touchdown, on a completely busted play, and repeatedly failed to convert big opportunities on offense. 

Meanwhile the defense held Josh Allen & co. to 10 points, all from a muffed punt and BS personal foul.  I know the conditions were brutal but give credit where it is due.  Offense didn't win this game.

• Like 1