Pats @ Bills MNF Thread

The BILLievers

4 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

I don't see this Pats team coming out of AFC...Chiefs are probably my best bet currently to win AFC

KC is the 4th seed. All 4 losses are in conference so they have jack for tiebreakers.

They are 0-4 against the current AFC playoff field and they have 2 road games left against those teams (LA and Cincy)

9 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

It's weird, I've seen several tweets with the same tone, like this was a brilliantly coached game. Don't get me wrong, it was very well-coached, but one of the best ever, are you kidding me?

Yeah it was a gamble. It worked out, but I tend to agree with what Pats fans were saying during the game: If the Bills happened to punch one in, which they ALMOST did, Mac is gonna be completely cold having to throw. Could have blown up real easily.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Yeah and they also scored literally 1 touchdown, on a completely busted play, and repeatedly failed to convert big opportunities on offense. 

Meanwhile the defense held Josh Allen & co. to 10 points, all from a muffed punt and BS personal foul.  I know the conditions were brutal but give credit where it is due.  Offense didn't win this game.

They held a team that can't run for **** in a game where throwing was nearly impossible to 10 points. Defense did very well, no doubt. Also got a huge assist from the weather.

If we're talking all-time great BB defensive performances, this doesn't make the list.

OL and RBs get the game ball and it's not close.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How do you lose a game like this? The Bills are at home, have the better roster, the opposing QB is a rookie who isnt equipped to play in weather conditions like the one in Buffalo thus him only throwing the ball 3 times AND you hold the opponent to 14pts like Buffalo did? Buffalo supposed to have an MVP candidate at QB. Allen got paid to win games like these. 

The only thing I think of is just like last season when the Pats beat the Ravens in the pour rain, this game suit the Pats in terms of running the ball a ton. The Bills cant run so they had to throw. Again this is why the Bills drafted Allen and paid him all this money. He has a big arm to throw in these conditions and he shouldve look like an MVP candidate and the Bills coming into this game literally as the AFC favs to get to the Superbowl. You have to find a way to win this game and the Bills once again came up short. 

I have to say the Pats winning this game shows that yes you can say they are the best team in the AFC. Now I still want to see what they do against the Colts and they play the Bills again but right now I have no argument. The Bills keep stumbling, the Ravens are legit frauds at the top due to injuries and Lamar playing bad, the Titans dont have Henry and both their top receivers so they are starting to crash, the Chiefs are on a win streak but the only legit team they beat as of late was a Cowboys team that wasnt even at half way full strength as and even in their win streak the offense still looks off. Dont get me started about the up and down Chargers and Bengals. So the Pats are right where they need to be and thats at the top of AFC playing great football. I dont think they will get to the Superbowl with Mac Jones right now bc I cant think of a rookie QB taking his team to the Superbowl but the Pats will be a team that will scare alot of teams in the playoffs especially if the road to the Superbowl has to go through New England. 

Define better roster? Pats have the better defense (especially with White out), the better kicker and punter, the better offensive line, the better TE’s and the better running backs. Buffalo has the better QB and WR’s and that’s it player wise. 

The Pats also have by far the better coaching 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Yeah it was a gamble. It worked out, but I tend to agree with what Pats fans were saying during the game: If the Bills happened to punch one in, which they ALMOST did, Mac is gonna be completely cold having to throw. Could have blown up real easily.

Exactly my point. There would have been no counter punch.

6 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Allen was a solo act tonight.

I still cannot believe he dropped the ball in a bucket to Diggs in the end zone and he dropped it.

Was a great pass but how much did the wind effect it causing it to be hard to judge the ball

• Like 1

Just now, DannyB said:

The play calling at the end of the 1st half in particular was pretty bad. Wind at their backs, plenty of opportunity for PA and to get into scoring position, and nothing.

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ben Roethlisberger?

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Big Ben is 1st to come to mind. They almost went 1 and done after that 15-1 season due to his play.

Exactly. Not exactly a huge sample to draw on. I'm sure there are a couple of others even, but it's limited. 

Does anyone believe that even as a rookie he's less capable of helping the pats get there then Jimmy was for the niners in 2019? 

Really just comes down to how much they'd have to lean on him. Would I trust them if they have to lean heavily on him? No. Do I believe he's capable of not messing up enough to let his very good team drive him there? Yes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How do you lose a game like this? The Bills are at home, have the better roster, the opposing QB is a rookie who isnt equipped to play in weather conditions like the one in Buffalo thus him only throwing the ball 3 times AND you hold the opponent to 14pts like Buffalo did? Buffalo supposed to have an MVP candidate at QB. Allen got paid to win games like these. 

The only thing I think of is just like last season when the Pats beat the Ravens in the pour rain, this game suit the Pats in terms of running the ball a ton. The Bills cant run so they had to throw. Again this is why the Bills drafted Allen and paid him all this money. He has a big arm to throw in these conditions and he shouldve look like an MVP candidate and the Bills coming into this game literally as the AFC favs to get to the Superbowl. You have to find a way to win this game and the Bills once again came up short. 

I have to say the Pats winning this game shows that yes you can say they are the best team in the AFC. Now I still want to see what they do against the Colts and they play the Bills again but right now I have no argument. The Bills keep stumbling, the Ravens are legit frauds at the top due to injuries and Lamar playing bad, the Titans dont have Henry and both their top receivers so they are starting to crash, the Chiefs are on a win streak but the only legit team they beat as of late was a Cowboys team that wasnt even at half way full strength as and even in their win streak the offense still looks off. Dont get me started about the up and down Chargers and Bengals. So the Pats are right where they need to be and thats at the top of AFC playing great football. I dont think they will get to the Superbowl with Mac Jones right now bc I cant think of a rookie QB taking his team to the Superbowl but the Pats will be a team that will scare alot of teams in the playoffs especially if the road to the Superbowl has to go through New England. 

For a game like this, the Patriots have a dramatically better roster. Like, every position that matters for this kind of game script, the Pats are stronger. All the spots the Bills are far better were virtually irrelevant.

• Like 4