Pats @ Bills MNF Thread

The BILLievers

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Big Ben is 1st to come to mind. They almost went 1 and done after that 15-1 season due to his play.

Coaches and players say it all the time....the playoffs are a different animal. What a team/player does in the regular season means nothing when your team is one loss away from being eliminated.

The gap between Belichick and Andy Reid is wider than the gap between Mahomes and Mac Jones.

That's why the Pats have to be favs in the AFC now.

That's the first time in history anyone has ever said something is wider than Andy Reid too 

Edited by Dan_Bali
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

For a game like this, the Patriots have a dramatically better roster. Like, every position that matters for this kind of game script, the Pats are stronger. All the spots the Bills are far better were virtually irrelevant.

The weather absolutely benefitted the Pats. Playing in weather like this is NOT what this Buffalo team wants. Goes against everything they want to do on offense. The crazy thing is, Allen was zipping that thing like it wasn't a big deal (although I'm sure it majorly affected the movement and touch).

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Coaches and players say it all the time....the playoffs are a different animal. What a team/player does in the regular season means nothing when your team is one loss away from being eliminated.

Those players and coaches don't go to the playoffs very often

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Exactly. Not exactly a huge sample to draw on. I'm sure there are a couple of others even, but it's limited. 

Does anyone believe that even as a rookie he's less capable of helping the pats get there then Jimmy was for the niners in 2019? 

Really just comes down to how much they'd have to lean on him. Would I trust them if they have to lean heavily on him? No. Do I believe he's capable of not messing up enough to let his very good team drive him there? Yes. 

Jimmy G didn't win either tho.

RE:

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

The weather absolutely benefitted the Pats. Playing in weather like this is NOT what this Buffalo team wants. Goes against everything they want to do on offense. The crazy thing is, Allen was zipping that thing like it wasn't a big deal (although I'm sure it majorly affected the movement and touch).

I guess they need to move or never try for HFA

Just now, DannyB said:

Bad weather usually favors the team without a rookie QB

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For a game like this, the Patriots have a dramatically better roster. Like, every position that matters for this kind of game script, the Pats are stronger. All the spots the Bills are far better were virtually irrelevant.

Yes. And weather should be taken into account regarding roster building when you play in Buffalo, NY and your main opponent is in Foxboro.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Jimmy G didn't win either tho.

RE:

He didn't say win it, he said makes it

23 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Patriots with HFA would certainly be scary but am I really supposed to believe Mac Jones is going to be the rookie that finally makes a SB? I don’t see it. I know nobody else in the AFC looks particularly impressive but come January I am betting an offense can play well enough vs NE that Mac is forced into uncomfortable territory, and struggles.