Joe Brady

Millenhater

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

Carolina just fired Joe Brady.  It sounds like he's taking the blame for Darnold sucking.  Either way I think he's a guy we should consider adding to our coaching staff.  Who knows Lynn might be gone next year and it perhaps he could provide an inhouse option.  Thoughts?

If the writing is truly on the wall for Lynn, then I would be open to bringing in Brady as an Offensive Assistant/Consultant.. whatever title you would give to bring him in house. 

If that's not the case, then I wouldn't do it. Taking away the play-calling from him is already enough of a hurdle but to bring in another guy who is likely an OC replacement is really going to ruffle the feathers. On top of that, Brady's offense is exactly the opposite of what Campbell wants to do. JB is slinging it all over while DC wants to run the ball, control the clock and rely on the defense. So I don't know if he would be the right fit even if Lynn is on his way out. A Panther fan had been criticizing him for the simplicity of his route concepts and how defenses were able to read things pretty easily. 

Sooo.. yeah. I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. I'm a bit torn. 

I think this all depends on what Campbell wants and what the Lions are doing at QB. If they're picking somebody in the Draft, they should look for an OC who plays to that QB's strengths. If they're sticking with Goff, I don't like Brady as a fit. Look for somebody who can run the Shanahan or McVay system at a high level. If the Vikings fire Zimmer, Klint Kubiak might be a great fit.

• Like 1