2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

Joniak, Thayer, and Miller are on the radio and basically are saying that fans need to relax, that the organization is not "saying" that this is a rebuilding/throw away year but that it is. They are saying that fans need to be patient or they are setting themselves up for disappointment. I agree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Joniak, Thayer, and Miller are on the radio and basically are saying that fans need to relax, that the organization is not "saying" that this is a rebuilding/throw away year but that it is. They are saying that fans need to be patient or they are setting themselves up for disappointment. I agree.

So 3 guys paid by the team think everything is fine? These three slapd***s have thought every GM and HC of the last 25 years was awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Gotta be. That was the equivalent of clickbait. And l think JAF makes some great points at times but...

What? What did I do lol? I was just simply following the same structure and format as the tweet, and technically nothing I said was wrong. Those are the real numbers. Was it an incredibly misleading comparison while also simultaneously omitting several important factors? Possibly. But I plead the 5th on that. And even if it was, it still wasn't any more misleading than that tweet was, sir.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

So 3 guys paid by the team think everything is fine? These three slapd***s have thought every GM and HC of the last 25 years was awesome

What's really funny is that Miller spent the entire mid-season pointing fingers at the staff and WRs for not doing enough to help Fields, but now we're supposed to somehow relax and not be concerned with a question mark staff and an even worse receiving corps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

They can tell us to relax all they want to but I'm not blind and I can reed, spel, and maths. I know when 2+2 isn't adding up to 7.

26 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What? What did I do lol? I was just simply following the same structure and format as the tweet, and technically nothing I said was wrong. Those are the real numbers. Was it an incredibly misleading comparison while also simultaneously omitting several important factors? Possibly. But I plead the 5th on that. And even if it was, it still wasn't any more misleading than that tweet was, sir.

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What's really funny is that Miller spent the entire mid-season pointing fingers at the staff and WRs for not doing enough to help Fields, but now we're supposed to somehow relax and not be concerned with a question mark staff and an even worse receiving corps.

New month new point of view to stay "relevant" in the media. 

Getsy being better than Nagy isnt a guarantee but is at least likely. But competent coaching can only make up for so much of a talent deficit. Draft and so on to go so there should be a stark change but still not exactly an inspiring roster. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

New month new point of view to stay "relevant" in the media. 

Getsy being better than Nagy isnt a guarantee but is at least likely. But competent coaching can only make up for so much of a talent deficit. Draft and so on to go so there should be a stark change but still not exactly an inspiring roster. Lol

I started going through the free agency list today and then going back and watching their games from last year to get an idea of who we could get after the draft. And while the list looks bare, there is a few I think we should target.

Today I was watching Erick flowers. His career has been a rollercoaster ranging from bad to elite so it would be a coin toss on which version we get. But he's only 28 and he's a vet, so he could help alot with the young tackles. He's also played both tackle and guard positions so there's flexibility too in case of injury.  He's worked best at guard and should come cheap. I haven't finished watching yet but so far so good.

Another guy I'm going to watch is Tardiff. I know another former OL from the Chiefs but he's another one who showed flashes at times.

I wanna dig into some vets coached by Munchek and see if there's any castoffs left to salvage but I havent got that far yet.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I started going through the free agency list today and then going back and watching their games from last year to get an idea of who we could get after the draft. And while the list looks bare, there is a few I think we should target.

Today I was watching Erick flowers. His career has been a rollercoaster ranging from bad to elite so it would be a coin toss on which version we get. But he's only 28 and he's a vet, so he could help alot with the young tackles. He's also played both tackle and guard positions so there's flexibility too in case of injury.  He's worked best at guard and should come cheap. I haven't finished watching yet but so far so good.

Another guy I'm going to watch is Tardiff. I know another former OL from the Chiefs but he's another one who showed flashes at times.

I wanna dig into some vets coached by Munchek and see if there's any castoffs left to salvage but I havent got that far yet.

Any receivers in that "5th tier" scrapheap you'd recommend?

12 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

No one with 2 brain cells expects them to be good in 2022.

My only expectation is that the don’t beat up/screw up Fields while getting to 2023.

This is not your standard rebuild.

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I am telling you an offense that struggles in 2022 is going to make fans furious.  Fair or not.   Good long term plan or not.

Public opinion matters and an overwhelmingly negative attitude coming from outside effects everything.   Including coaches and players . 

Poles is making a mistake IMO.   A weak team will not bother people near so much as a weak offense.   He is not reading tea leaves.  

• Like 3