2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Landry was a major draft crush of mine 4 years ago. Good for him. 

Tells you how important pass rush is when you can have one 10+ sack season and get over $50 million guaranteed...I like the player...just not sure I trust higher production in contract years over anything else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

End of an era in Seattle for sure...wonder if Wagner fancies a few seasons playing MLB for the franchise with the most history at the position?...for the right price of course.

Even if he lost a step having him and Smith together for a few years would be fun. 

I'd expect him to move to a team with a chance to win another ring. He won't need to take a discount to find a suitor imo.

I think had Bears made trade for Wilson they are set back for a decade. 

He would have been hyped as a savior, the o line still would have been a disaster in 2021 and he probably gets very frustrated.  

If there was disappointment and he was blamed he would sulk.  Bears would not have been able to build around him due to trade.  

It could have been a compounding problem as fans and media likely turn sour on whole thing. Bears are not much better roster wise than Seattle if at all as it stands and they were not winning.  Maybe Pace and Nagy get extended with the deal. 

The Denver trade is better for both those teams.  Denver has some nice young pieces on both side of ball.   Fangio has to be pissed though.  But I have to think he was in on a lot of the decisions that doomed him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not sure he gets that, but he’s getting Dalton money for sure. 

(mumble mumble Mike Glennon...)

It seems crazy and will likely be a huge overpay but I'm not sure there's ever been such an alignment of positive factors:

-There's like 10 teams that need a QB

-Trubisky is a pretty clear #1 option, once you count Jameis Winston's injury status and status of being Jameis Winston against him

-The Bears O under Nagy was so apocalyptically bad and confounding that player evaluations are pretty much whatever you want them to be outside of Montogomery. Seriously, we're doing it here and we've subjected ourselves to every game,.

-Lots of new coaching and office staffs out there treating year one like a pass and just need a guy to go out there and not self destruct while they enact their master plan

Maybe I'm wrong but I would bet somethign stupid that Mitch makes over 20m for at least one year of the contract. I understand all the arguments against it, but I still think the world is dumb enough for this to happen.  The freaky thing is I could actually see him playing well somewhere, always thought NE would make him look very competent but I wonder who else might do it now, and I guess we'll get to see!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Even if he lost a step having him and Smith together for a few years would be fun. 

I'd expect him to move to a team with a chance to win another ring. He won't need to take a discount to find a suitor imo.

Yeah I think unless he just wants to come to the city and play for the coaches or for the tradition we would be pretty far down the list...would be awesome tho.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

More smoke on this one...for $5.4 million per year it wouldn't be a horrible move...would hate it if we start talking much more though.

If he's "that good" why is he "that cheap"?

Makes me wonder if that $5.4 per is inaccurate...

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think had Bears made trade for Wilson they are set back for a decade. 

He would have been hyped as a savior, the o line still would have been a disaster in 2021 and he probably gets very frustrated.  

If there was disappointment and he was blamed he would sulk.  Bears would not have been able to build around him due to trade.  

It could have been a compounding problem as fans and media likely turn sour on whole thing. Bears are not much better roster wise than Seattle if at all as it stands and they were not winning.  Maybe Pace and Nagy get extended with the deal. 

The Denver trade is better for both those teams.  Denver has some nice young pieces on both side of ball.   Fangio has to be pissed though.  But I have to think he was in on a lot of the decisions that doomed him.  

It's A LOT to give up for a 33 year old QB, unless I had an understanding that he wanted to play into age 40. Then it's a bit more palatable, but you still run the risk of Father Time (who himself is undefeated) catching up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

If he's "that good" why is he "that cheap"?

Makes me wonder if that $5.4 per is inaccurate...

I don't think he is "that good" I think he is an above average starting NFL centre...which would be a massive upgrade on what we have right now...to be fair is we just had an average to above average OL we would be in good shape.