Week 14 GDT, We're on to Cincinatti

N4L

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If Joey B is okay, I think you'll be fine. 

Our corners are really, really bad. No way they are hanging with Higgins, Chase and Boyd 

Last week we didn’t have our Center or RT, Joey B didn’t have a lot of time. Hopefully those two are back or we could be in trouble again. I don’t doubt we will score some points, the question will be if we can score enough points. Our defense is a bit banged up right now. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Plenty of people are saying that he was not the same player and some even had Waller as being the better player.

Nope, still the same player and now becoming a RZ threat! Only thing I will agree with folks slighting him for is his injuries. He is injury prone so if that is the reason for his downgrade? No problem at all! 

It seems like he’s always going to miss a few games, but he’s still the best all around TE in the game IMO. He’s the total package when he’s on the field. 

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Plenty of people are saying that he was not the same player and some even had Waller as being the better player.

Nope, still the same player and now becoming a RZ threat! Only thing I will agree with folks slighting him for is his injuries. He is injury prone so if that is the reason for his downgrade? No problem at all! 

I was thinking about the RZ production last night. Is it simply that we are making more of an effort to get him the ball there, or is it that he has improved that part of his game? 

As you said, injuries and a lack of TDs were really the only knocks you could have on the guy. 

I think the lack of TDs was overstated and was mainly being driven by fantasy football. We were a bad redzone team in general, so just because he wasn't scoring TDs doesnt mean he couldn't score more TDs in my eyes.

I do wonder if he was able to learn some stuff at the "TE University" that he and Kelce put up. Kelce is a great RZ threat, so maybe Kittle was able to pick up some things? So, it is both - he is better, and the offense is better in the RZ

Warner was close last week so not surprising that he will be a full go this week.

Deebo is the key here. If he plays, we have the offense to go toe to toe with the Bengals offense, regardless of how bad our corners are. Without him? I don't see us winning at all. 

• Like 1

Honestly man, just sitting here thinning jt, just crazy how little we invested in corner. Yes, we re-signed guys and drafted two corners,  but the guys we signed are notoriously injury prone and then it was middle of the round draft capital, which isn’t seeing the field either.

I just do not get our approach to personnel. That or tbe finances were severely handicapping their willingness to make moves 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John232 said:

Honestly man, just sitting here thinning jt, just crazy how little we invested in corner. Yes, we re-signed guys and drafted two corners, but the guys we signed are notoriously injury prone and then it was middle of the round draft capital, which isn’t seeing the field either.

I just do not get our approach to personnel. That or tbe finances were severely handicapping their willingness to make moves 

I do wonder if they tried to get cute, thinking they could get asante samuel jr even after trading down, and then panicked when he got taken. 

Who am I kidding, thats giving them waaay to much credit. lol 

Pretty easy way to solve the financing problem, trade Jimmy. BOOM - 25 million in cap space (and cash!)

I dont think finances had anything to do with it though. I think they just screwed up. They probably thought that Thomas was closer to being ready than he actually was. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's stupid is that Mitchell went right back in the game like a possession later SMH! 

I think Mitchell will be cleared but this is not a good look. 

Never mind, it's not only a concussion but an MRI was done on his knee as well. Mitchell just isn't going to last with all the touches he gets. Damn shame he's so good along with Mostert but they can't stay on the field.

Yeahhhh, so this game really just comes down to Deebo playing or not. If he doesn't, the game is going to lose....and lose fairly big. 

23 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’m very nervous for this game

We have legitimately the WORST set of starting corners this upcoming week and that's not hyperbole either.

But if Warner/Deebo return, then this will be a dog fight. Deebo's status for the game very well could end up determining the winner of the game. 

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's stupid is that Mitchell went right back in the game like a possession later SMH! 

I think Mitchell will be cleared but this is not a good look. 

Not a good look on the independent guy, working for neither the 49ers or the seahawks, who cleared him. It's not really on the staff.

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We have legitimately the WORST set of starting corners this upcoming week and that's not hyperbole either.

But if Warner/Deebo return, then this will be a dog fight. Deebo's status for the game very well could end up determining the winner of the game. 

If Norman can manage to punch the ball out on every catch he allows, we win this game!!!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, Forge said:

Assuming we win against Atlanta, we will also have the tie breaker over them, which is nice. Just have to hope that there's not a multiway tie for a single spot as I don't believe h2h matters in that instance. 

If I recall correctly it matters if one team has beaten all the others it's tied with(which is how we got HFA in 2019 over the Packers and Saints), or for that matter has lost to all the others, but otherwise not. 

Edited by jonnguy2015