Is Belichick a lock for coach of the year if the Patriots are the AFC’s 1-seed?

Bolts223

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Kingsbury would be the favorite if the media didn’t hate the hire 3 years ago.  Right now it’s B.B.‘s to lose.

Kyle Shanahan didn't win it in 2019 when I thought for sure he should be the favorite 

Most improved team and being the 1 seed doesn't get you coach of the year anymore I guess. 

The media loves a good narrative. I guess going 2-1 without Kyler helps. I think the fact bill is doing it with a rookie QB will push him over the top. 

Edited by N4L

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kyle Shanahan didn't win it in 2019 when I thought for sure he should be the favorite 

Most improved team and being the 1 seed doesn't get you coach of the year anymore I guess. 

The media loves a good narrative. I guess going 2-1 without Kyler helps. I think the fact bill is doing it with a rookie QB will push him over the top. 

And coming back from 2-4. 

It is really hard to say. The chances that both the Cards and Pats get their number seeds is low, and I would be unsure of which coach gets it in that situation. In my opinion it will come down to which of the two have the number one seed in their conference, as I doubt both teams get it at the same exact time. Now if that does happen then it is likely a toss up, maybe in the Cards favor if they only have 2 loses with their number one seed.