Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

I think I actually like this. We miss out on both Chubb and Barkley. But we get Fitzpatrick. Then

37. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Marcus Davenport | EDGE | UTSA

69. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Rashaad Penny | RB | San Diego State

101. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Brian O’Neill | OT | Pittsburgh

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He could play closer to the LOS. Keep Evans as the center fielder.

I’m todays nfl both safeties need to be able to cover and play centerfield. With the growth of athletic TEs they also need to be able to match up with them in man Bc a LB just can’t do it anymore. 

The days of having a thumper like TJ ward are over. Rules of the game and increased passing league, Your SS and FS have to play very similar. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’m todays nfl both safeties need to be able to cover and play centerfield. With the growth of athletic TEs they also need to be able to match up with them in man Bc a LB just can’t do it anymore. 

The days of having a thumper like TJ ward are over. Rules of the game and increased passing league, Your SS and FS have to play very similar. 

And that's what Fitzpatrick is.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

And that's what Fitzpatrick is.

Exactly. Wouldn’t mind having him. Although if Chubb is there we take him. 

Cant have any sort of productive defense If you don’t have a pass rush. Bad pass rush equals bad secondary regardless of who you have on the back end. 

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Exactly. Wouldn’t mind having him. Although if Chubb is there we take him. 

Cant have any sort of productive defense If you don’t have a pass rush. Bad pass rush equals bad secondary regardless of who you have on the back end. 

There's still a legitimate chance Chubb is gone. BPA would probably be Fitz and Nelson at that point, with Fitz being the bigger impact player.

It would suck to miss out on one of the top pass rushers but we have so many holes that "settling" for a guy like Fitzpatrick wouldn't hurt my feelings. There should still be a decent selection of rushers at the top of the second round.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's still a legitimate chance Chubb is gone. BPA would probably be Fitz and Nelson at that point, with Fitz being the bigger impact player.

It would suck to miss out on one of the top pass rushers but we have so many holes that "settling" for a guy like Fitzpatrick wouldn't hurt my feelings. There should still be a decent selection of rushers at the top of the second round.

Agree. FitZpatrick would be the better impact and we also need another safety who can cover deep and play man coverage in nickel situations. 

8 minutes ago, indifference said:

I’ll take Hurst there. Hurst and Chubb added to the DL with McCoy would be deadly. I’m cool with a RB in the draft too.

We need a playmaker in the backfield, in my opinion. We've got the 11th ranked offense, we're sixth best in three and out percentage, and fourth in the league in first downs. But we absolutely blow in the redzone. Being able to run the ball would do wonders for our redzone offense.

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We need a playmaker in the backfield, in my opinion. We've got the 11th ranked offense, we're sixth best in three and out percentage, and fourth in the league in first downs. But we absolutely blow in the redzone. Being able to run the ball would do wonders for our redzone offense.

That’s true. Maybe go RB if we fix the OL in the off season. This does not project FAs but I’m okay with that idea if we fix the biggest issue.

25 minutes ago, indifference said:

That’s true. Maybe go RB if we fix the OL in the off season. This does not project FAs but I’m okay with that idea if we fix the biggest issue.

I think Barber has been criminally under used.  I like the comparison of Earnest Graham for Barber. I'm okay going into the draft with Barber and Rex Burkhead or Dion Lewis combo.  I would take Barkley because I believe he is overall the best prospect. I still believe in Winston,  even an average rushing attack with an improved interior oline, I believe scoring will greatly improve.  I'm slow playing RB till round 3 or later outside of Barkley. 

Archived