Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

Outside of Barkley or Fitzpatrick, I would be disappointed if either line is not addressed at 7.  Im very curious to see how the draft process plays out for Key, Ferrell, Payne, and Vea.  I still won't be shocked if Key is the pick if the medical is sound.  Pretty obvious Licht feels really comfortable drafting LSU players, Im assuming he has a pretty good trusted resource in that program, especially considering Beckwith was rehabbing an ACL and still the pick after a trade up.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I guess I m too skeptical, I just find it hard to believe there will be a draft with as many QBs in the 1st round as the 83 draft.  An unprecedented number in the first 4 picks. I forgot McCarron has a grievance hearing which could make him a UFA.  Im sure Bronco fans could give more insight, but I expect Elway to acquire a vet QB then try and groom another rookie QB with the core of that defense still with a few good years left.   

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

does anyone really think that Derwin James can be anything like Jalen Ramsey ?

I think he's more like Lamarcus Joyner (not size wise). A guy that can play FS or slide into the slot CB, although I thin James has the size to play either safety spot if needed...

I actually think Minkah Fitzpatrick is the most comparable to Jalen ramsey in terms of versatility of being able to play outside CB or the FS spot...

45 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think he's more like Lamarcus Joyner (not size wise). A guy that can play FS or slide into the slot CB, although I thin James has the size to play either safety spot if needed...

I actually think Minkah Fitzpatrick is the most comparable to Jalen ramsey in terms of versatility of being able to play outside CB or the FS spot...

if we dont get Bradley Chubb i really hope we get Minkah then

no point in gettting a Joyner type player , we can just get Joyner in FA if we wanted to

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

if we dont get Bradley Chubb i really hope we get Minkah then

no point in gettting a Joyner type player , we can just get Joyner in FA if we wanted to

Don't mistake what I'm saying, James is a MUCH more talented prospect than Joyner was. James is worthy of a top ten pick. He's that good...

I was simply trying to use a current NFL player for comparison to what roles he could play in a defense. James could potentially be an elite SS, a serviceable FS and a pretty good slot corner for TE's...

As a former Rams fan, I can tell you 1st hand Joyner was a serviceable slot corner and a pretty good FS, but doesn't compare to what James' ceiling could be...

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't mistake what I'm saying, James is a MUCH more talented prospect than Joyner was. James is worthy of a top ten pick. He's that good...

I was simply trying to use a current NFL player for comparison to what roles he could play in a defense. James could potentially be an elite SS, a serviceable FS and a pretty good slot corner for TE's...

As a former Rams fan, I can tell you 1st hand Joyner was a serviceable slot corner and a pretty good FS, but doesn't compare to what James' ceiling could be...

i understand , but at 7 i dont want a servicable this or potential that, i want the best most elite prospect at DE / CB / or S

because thats what this team needs, not he could be this or he could be that , like i said if Minkah is the best and hes there we should take him and if we want a tweaner like Joyner , then just go get him in FA , becaue IMHO this defense needs every CB and DE it can take

16 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i understand , but at 7 i dont want a servicable this or potential that, i want the best most elite prospect at DE / CB / or S

because thats what this team needs, not he could be this or he could be that , like i said if Minkah is the best and hes there we should take him and if we want a tweaner like Joyner , then just go get him in FA , becaue IMHO this defense needs every CB and DE it can take

No, I totally agree with that and I'm in the same mindset.

I think James would be like 6th on my list right now...

1. Chubb

2. Jackson

3. Orlando Brown

4. Quenton Nelson

5. Minkah Fitzpatrick

6. Derwin James

Archived