Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

To recoup a third or get an extra fourth or something. We've gotta hit on more than a couple draft picks this year.

I’m with that. We need to be thinking about our CB position next year. Upgrading the depth at Guard and SS. 

Just now, indifference said:

I’m with that. We need to be thinking about our CB position next year. Upgrading the depth at Guard and SS. 

We're about to invest heavily in our own guys. I don't think we'll be able to hand out multiple $10M+ contracts in free agency anymore.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's got the Bills trading to six for Mayfied and Nelson falling to us at seven.

OL for some reason tend to slide on draft day. Very possible a guard even as good as Nelson slides to us. I’m actually starting to expect him to be there now. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

To recoup a third or get an extra fourth or something. We've gotta hit on more than a couple draft picks this year.

We’ve already added JPP, Jensen, Curry, Beau to the roster. Throw in our 1st round pick and Guice let’s call it a day. I’m not banking on 4th round guys being big impacts. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're about to invest heavily in our own guys. I don't think we'll be able to hand out multiple $10M+ contracts in free agency anymore.

Yeah we will be needing money to lock our guys up. Time to start developing our own at CB. Top ones are demanding 10+ mil per so it would not shock me if Ward or Jackson is in considerstion. Cannot go into next year with VG3 and Ryan Smith as the top 2 corners. 

2 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

We’ve already added JPP, Jensen, Curry, Beau to the roster. Throw in our 1st round pick and Guice let’s call it a day. I’m not banking on 4th round guys being big impacts. 

I get it. But this is probably the last off-season we can add a bunch of guys like that. It's time to start drafting guys and loading up on rookie contracts.

3 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

It's not all about 2018 though. You gotta look big picture too.

We're going to be tying some big money up into our own, so you want to make sure you've drafted players to develop to fill other key spots on cheap deals...

That's what the good teams do. Draft and develop and supplement through FA when needed...

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I get it. But this is probably the last off-season we can add a bunch of guys like that. It's time to start drafting guys and loading up on rookie contracts.

I agree and I think as long as we stop drafting kickers with our 2nd round picks we should be okay. Make sure the 1st and 2nds hit and keep the fingers crossed with the later picks but I don’t see two fourth round picks starting this year. Maybe we get a G in the third or something. 

I thought we are going to be touching $90,000,000 next year and that’s without counting the cap going up? I don’t expect two/three big names every year but I don’t see why we couldn’t add one or a few mid range guys. Kwon, Smith, Winston. Should still be a ton of cake left.

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

I thought we are going to be touching $90,000,000 next year and that’s without counting the cap going up? I don’t expect two/three big names every year but I don’t see why we couldn’t add one or a few mid range guys. Kwon, Smith, Winston. Should still be a ton of cake left.

That was before we spent ~$75M in the last month.

We're looking at less than $45M now. And ~$30M of that is gonna be extending Kwon, Marpet, and D Smith.

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

I agree and I think as long as we stop drafting kickers with our 2nd round picks we should be okay. Make sure the 1st and 2nds hit and keep the fingers crossed with the later picks but I don’t see two fourth round picks starting this year. Maybe we get a G in the third or something. 

Knowing Licht I can see him making a move to trade up. Like he did for Marpet with those extra picks. Walking away with two new rookie starters is ideal. But 3 would make me feel better heading into next years draft. 

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's not all about 2018 though. You gotta look big picture too.

We're going to be tying some big money up into our own, so you want to make sure you've drafted players to develop to fill other key spots on cheap deals...

That's what the good teams do. Draft and develop and supplement through FA when needed...

I don’t think anyone has said it 18 or bust. I’m not expecting multiple 4th round guys to contribute year after year either and I don’t think any team does. Make sure you hit 1st, 2nd and fingers crossed later on. As far as second I’m all for James, Ward, Jackson etc. I just think if we are able to grab Nelson adding a bowling ball like Guice would cap off the offseason as far as making our team tougher. I like other backs as well don’t get me wrong but if I’m not passing on a top guy to get a mid 4th or something.

Archived