Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That was before we spent ~$75M in the last month.

We're looking at less than $45M now. And ~$30M of that is gonna be extending Kwon, Marpet, and D Smith.

Okay i see the $45. Add $10 with Jackson leaving. Add $5 with Sweazy leaving. Another $3.7 if Gholston is gone. Should be in the $60+/- range plus whatever the cap goes up. I hope we hit on the first few rounds and start extending our own. Need to bring in one guy fine or a few mid/lower end guys fine but I see the team slowing down in FA with how the team is built now.

8 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I don’t think anyone has said it 18 or bust. I’m not expecting multiple 4th round guys to contribute year after year either and I don’t think any team does. Make sure you hit 1st, 2nd and fingers crossed later on. As far as second I’m all for James, Ward, Jackson etc. I just think if we are able to grab Nelson adding a bowling ball like Guice would cap off the offseason as far as making our team tougher. I like other backs as well don’t get me wrong but if I’m not passing on a top guy to get a mid 4th or something.

You need to hit on more than just 1st and 2nd rounder to fill out a team...

4th round picks are still very valuable and quality players can be found who can help fill holes, not only as depth to develop, but starters as well...

I'm asking for 1st and 2nd round hits. Take a look at the Bucs drafts from 2017-2010. You'd be pulling teeth to find two guys the ENTIRE draft class each year that hit never mind "just" the 1st and 2nd round. Besides the 2015 season it's been rough.

I'm not saying 4th round picks are worth nothing but it's not something I'm moving too far back in the second round to acquire every year.

I will take a closer look later to see what the higher end teams have done draft wise the last 5-8 years. (Pack, Bronco, Pats, Browns, Hawks)

35 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I will take a closer look later to see what the higher end teams have done draft wise the last 5-8 years. (Pack, Bronco, Pats, Browns, Hawks)

One of those is not like the others. lol

The biggest thing those other teams have is great QB play.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pewter Report said something about it the other day. But taking Nelson pretty much screws us. It pushes RB or CB/S to a day three pick. And I agree.

The starting right side of the oline from last year isnt healthy.  Now I get the justification to want to replace Sweezy.  I think it is becoming very apparent Licht is going to really try and trade back in one of the 1st 2 rounds.  Personally, Im prioritizing oline and RB over secondary.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

The starting right side of the oline from last year isnt healthy.  Now I get the justification to want to replace Sweezy.  I think it is becoming very apparent Licht is going to really try and trade back in one of the 1st 2 rounds.  Personally, Im prioritizing oline and RB over secondary.

Someone said something about dipping into 2019 picks. And that's probably what we're gonna have to do.

Koetter's remark about Benenoch makes me think he's gonna at least platoon at RG like we did with LG last year. But we might need him to start at RT. And in a perfect world, he takes over RG and Dotson is good to go.

We've got D Smith, Dotson, Wester, and Benenoch for OTs. Benenoch is our new Pamphile, capable of playing inside too. We've got Marpet, Sweezy, E Smith, and Jensen on the inside. We only carry eight during the season. But we're down two. So we might need to bring someone in. I'd rather take a Ragnow or Cappa in the third/fourth, personally.

We've only got three safeties, not counting Johnson, who was a practice squad guy. I'd rather prioritize that early.

Same goes with RB, where we only have two.

We're an injury away from being royally screwed at CB. I don't wanna have to call McClain and see what he's doing.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Someone said something about dipping into 2019 picks. And that's probably what we're gonna have to do.

Koetter's remark about Benenoch makes me think he's gonna at least platoon at RG like we did with LG last year. But we might need him to start at RT. And in a perfect world, he takes over RG and Dotson is good to go.

We've got D Smith, Dotson, Wester, and Benenoch for OTs. Benenoch is our new Pamphile, capable of playing inside too. We've got Marpet, Sweezy, E Smith, and Jensen on the inside. We only carry eight during the season. But we're down two. So we might need to bring someone in. I'd rather take a Ragnow or Cappa in the third/fourth, personally.

We've only got three safeties, not counting Johnson, who was a practice squad guy. I'd rather prioritize that early.

Same goes with RB, where we only have two.

We're an injury away from being royally screwed at CB. I don't wanna have to call McClain and see what he's doing.

Byron Maxwell and DRC are out there also.  There are plenty of starting safeties in free agency.  A good dline can cover up an average secondary.  Holes on the oline we have seen allows a lot of pressure on the QB keeping extra guys into block.  No push when rushing on 1st down led to way too many 2nd and 12.  When was the last time this team won consistently on both sides of the LOS?  Gruden era?

Archived