Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Same. Exactly the same.

Only if there is a shot Minkah can play outside.  If not, I think James better fits this defense at safety.  I still get the feeling oline gets addressed early.  They re missing a starting guard and a RT tackle who is older and injury prone.  I couldn't fault them going oline in 1st round.  All these mock drafts set up an illusion of a prospect being over drafted because very few in the media have any real access to the scouting departments of teams.  I see a minimum of 6 olinemen going in the first round.

41 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I see a minimum of 6 olinemen going in the first round.

Nelson, McGlinchey, Hernandez, and K Miller, and Brown are all probably locks. Then you have Wynn, Daniels, and Price who could sneak in.

I'd say at least five. But I'm splitting hairs.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Nelson, McGlinchey, Hernandez, and K Miller, and Brown are all probably locks. Then you have Wynn, Daniels, and Price who could sneak in.

I'd say at least five. But I'm splitting hairs.

I think Wynn is 1st round worthy because in a pinch he can play tackle in the pros.  He was really good in a pro style offense at UGA.  I know I was guilty of him possibly being another Pamphile, but he did a really good job of anchoring at the point of attack in college against elite competition.  Pamphile was never viewed as a physical LT coming out of Purdue.

39 minutes ago, indifference said:

Barkley I’m fine with. Hughes I’m meh on because I have not scouted him. Just not fond on having VG3, Grimes, and Hughes as our corners. Need some length out there man.

Here was my counter-mock:

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I agree with the premise that we may see Licht trade a 2019 pick to make a move this year, but I don’t think it’s going to be for Walton. If anything it’s going to be for a top tear RB, DB or OL, like at the end of 1st or possibly 2nd round.

57 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I agree with the premise that we may see Licht trade a 2019 pick to make a move this year, but I don’t think it’s going to be for Walton. If anything it’s going to be for a top tear RB, DB or OL, like at the end of 1st or possibly 2nd round.

We have two sixes and that (worthless) late seven. I've gotta imagine we utilize them in trades. Licht said last year we only go into the draft with ~100 guys we deem draftable.

IM so torn on Fitzpatrick. If we take him as a corner, I guess I’m fine with that but we’ll never know the real reason why saban moved him to safety and kept him there’s. 

James is the better safety and football player. I think some of his struggles last year were due to coming off an injury. Look at nick Chubb. Second year off the injury he was back to his old self. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

IM so torn on Fitzpatrick. If we take him as a corner, I guess I’m fine with that but we’ll never know the real reason why saban moved him to safety and kept him there’s. 

James is the better safety and football player. I think some of his struggles last year were due to coming off an injury. Look at nick Chubb. Second year off the injury he was back to his old self. 

I dunno. Fitz started as a freshman on a defense that's gonna see all 11 starters drafted. That's pretty insane. They played him at safety, CB, LB, and even had him rush off the edge. And he got better and better every year. I think Fitz is the real deal and you figure out how to fit him into your defense.

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

According to PR James is above Fitzpatrick on the Bucs draft board.  We ll see what happens.  

Archived