Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. Fitz started as a freshman on a defense that's gonna see all 11 starters drafted. That's pretty insane. They played him at safety, CB, LB, and even had him rush off the edge. And he got better and better every year. I think Fitz is the real deal and you figure out how to fit him into your defense.

All of this makes sense and I agree.  However, since I dont believe Minkah can be an outside CB, James can do all of those things also, only bigger and elite athleticism.  I have tremendous respect for Saban.  I m not trying to minimize Minkah s accomplishments, but I think without a doubt Charles Kelly didnt maximize the production of his players like Saban.  

Apparently the medical for James is fine, so  the slight edge over Minkah for me.  I would still take Nelson over both of them.  ?

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

All of this makes sense and I agree.  However, since I dont believe Minkah can be an outside CB, James can do all of those things also, only bigger and elite athleticism.  I have tremendous respect for Saban.  I m not trying to minimize Minkah s accomplishments, but I think without a doubt Charles Kelly didnt maximize the production of his players like Saban.  

Apparently the medical for James is fine, so  the slight edge over Minkah for me.  I would still take Nelson over both of them.  ?

I still think Nelson is the pick over both, if he's available. So all this debating is probably moot.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

According to PR James is above Fitzpatrick on the Bucs draft board.  We ll see what happens.  

As a safety maybe. We don’t know how Tampa views him. 

I think he can play corner but he’s been at safety the last year and a half. 

If we take him at 7 I won’t be disappointed one bit. But I’d rather see him at corner. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I still think Nelson is the pick over both, if he's available. So all this debating is probably moot.

No doubt. But I think Tampa is going into this as not many qbs are going to be over drafted as the media is portraying. 

Smart GMs don’t just trade up for qbs bc they need one either. They have to be worth it. Buffalo got Mccaron as insurance if the price tag for a qb is too high for the guy they want. 

Elway will take a qb he views worthy as a top selection. 

I think a lot of the media is banking on teams to just take or move up for any qb that becomes available. In the eyes of scouts and GMs that probably won’t happen. 

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

He ll be Kwon 2 with a bunch of trash talk from the backend.  I think Evans will play more FS then James in this defensive scheme.

Agreed, Evans will play more of the traditional FS with James playing more in the box as needed and coverage match-up w/ TE's and slot WR's...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed, Evans will play more of the traditional FS with James playing more in the box as needed and coverage match-up w/ TE's and slot WR's...

Which is exactly what Smitty tried (and failed) to do with Wilcox, before trying again (and failing AGAIN) with Ward.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Which is exactly what Smitty tried (and failed) to do with Wilcox, before trying again (and failing AGAIN) with Ward.

Some of that is on the actual players though. Ward and Wilcox could play the box (theoretically) but neither one of them had the size/athleticism that James does to actually cover the pass catching TE's and still be able to stay with slot WRs as well.

James should simplify this for Smith as he's plug and play...

Archived