Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, indifference said:

I wouldn't be opposed to McGlinchey. I think his teammate Nelson is a better player but I'm not a fan of drafting guards in the top 5. You can get good guards in the second or third round its been proven time again. I'd take a shot with a tackle though and if he isn't cut out to play outside we can move him inside. Thing about Mike M. he seem to struggle a bit vs Chubb. I think he will be fine LT and sometimes people have bad games. In either case, Bucs will end up with a good player.

He struggled against Chubb and Miami. I'm not sold on him as a LT to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe one of the QBs fall and we can trade back a bit and take him. Having a mauler like him next to Marpet would be amazing.

If we trade back and go for Nelson that's fine. Go get those extra picks and get a good player in return. Nelson is a safe pick and would improve the run game day 1 with him and Marpet manning both spots. And its true good guard play CAN hide deficiencies on the outside. I love Nelson, just not at #4 overall, slide down to #7 or #8 now we talking.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

If we trade back and go for Nelson that's fine. Go get those extra picks and get a good player in return. Nelson is a safe pick and would improve the run game day 1 with him and Marpet manning both spots. And its true good guard play CAN hide deficiencies on the outside. I love Nelson, just not at #4 overall, slide down to #7 or #8 now we talking.

Yeah. I don't want him in the top five. But after that, he's probably BPA. And he fills a monster hole.

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

He struggled against Chubb and Miami. I'm not sold on him as a LT to be honest. 

Ronnie Stanley had some shaky games too. I think he has worked out fine for Baltimore. I think he is as close as a finished prospect as it gets, he isn't elite but maybe he'd a better RT than LT? No idea I know he has the stuff to play on the outside though.

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

I wouldn't be opposed to McGlinchey. I think his teammate Nelson is a better player but I'm not a fan of drafting guards in the top 5. You can get good guards in the second or third round its been proven time again. I'd take a shot with a tackle though and if he isn't cut out to play outside we can move him inside. Thing about Mike M. he seem to struggle a bit vs Chubb. I think he will be fine LT and sometimes people have bad games. In either case, Bucs will end up with a good player.

Jake Long got owned by Vernon Gholston (I think it was him) when he was at UM and he went on to be the best LT in the NFL for a decade, while Gholston never had a sack in the NFL. 

It happens.

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Can't wait to watch the Clemson game. We've been mocked taking Ferrell more than once. I wanna see him play.

I've seen Ferrell play a couple of times. He is definitely better than his teammate Bryant. I'd probably go Ferrell over McGlinchey if we're talking about BPA. 17.5 sacks on the year, can do everything you want out a DE. Guy moves well to be that big at 6'5 265. Can stunt well, play the run, and has good hand movement in pass rush. Not as polished as Chubb but its not hard to tell he belongs. The way he moves around reminds me of Cam Jordan.

Here's the thing. Donavan smith has been more good than bad over three years. He's played well against very good pass rushers and still very young. To upgrade at LT with a rookie, better make sure he's hands down a LT in the league. I'm not so sure with Williams and Mcglinchey that they're a massive upgrade over smith. 

Can't miss guards in the top 10 scare me.  Since 2010, only 2 guards have been selected in the first 10 picks, Warmack and Cooper.  It is unfair to judge Nelson on past prospects, but it does make me at least pause.  I'm curious to learn more about Da Ron Payne.  DT and DE are both brutal.  Like GMC and McDonald if he is resigned, but to expect both guys to play 16 games is going to be tough going forward.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Can't miss guards in the top 10 scare me.  Since 2010, only 2 guards have been selected in the first 10 picks, Warmack and Cooper.  It is unfair to judge Nelson on past prospects, but it does make me at least pause.  I'm curious to learn more about Da Ron Payne.  DT and DE are both brutal.  Like GMC and McDonald if he is resigned, but to expect both guys to play 16 games is going to be tough going forward.

Bucs have been bad against the run this year. DT is a need as well, I would not take one in the first round but I don't mind taking one within the first 3 rounds.

17 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Here's the thing. Donavan smith has been more good than bad over three years. He's played well against very good pass rushers and still very young. To upgrade at LT with a rookie, better make sure he's hands down a LT in the league. I'm not so sure with Williams and Mcglinchey that they're a massive upgrade over smith. 

Smith might an even better guard though. I can see him even being an even better pass blocker as an inside man. So it'll be interesting to see what the coaching staff does with Donovan Smith and the rest of the OL in the off-season. Things will be changing that's for sure.

I appreciate Charlie s work.  I totally agree Barkley is the best prospect in the draft.  I m kind of hoping Barkley is off the board when the Bucs pick because I can't draft over need with such an elite talent.  He s really high on Key and James which are both kind of surprising.

Archived