Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Look at what Zeke and Fournette have done for their teams. If Barkley's there, I'm running to turn in my card.

The defense can suck it.

That's what dallas did when they were bleeding for defensive help. Drafting zeke helped keep the defense off the field. 

17 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That's what dallas did when they were bleeding for defensive help. Drafting zeke helped keep the defense off the field. 

And RunDMC just had 1,000 yards before they drafted him. He transformed their offense. Look how awful they were without him this year.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Look at what Zeke and Fournette have done for their teams. If Barkley's there, I'm running to turn in my card.

The defense can suck it.

You and me both.  I get the injury risk for RBs, but I believe Barkley is an elite talent.  Pretty sure 2 Qbs are going first, if the Bucs get into top 5, it is going to get very interesting.  If Charlie is correct and Key is viewed that highly, crazy to think Bucs could have a shot at Barkley. 

35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

You and me both.  I get the injury risk for RBs, but I believe Barkley is an elite talent.  Pretty sure 2 Qbs are going first, if the Bucs get into top 5, it is going to get very interesting.  If Charlie is correct and Key is viewed that highly, crazy to think Bucs could have a shot at Barkley. 

Key has the build to blow up the combine. He should dominate the 40 and the broad jump easily. His stock should rise like crazy after the combine. 

That, and he seemed to turn it on at the end of the season after a slow start.

My top 3 prospects:

1. Bradley Chubb

2. Arden Key

3. Saquan Barkley

Keep in mind that Sacksonville had a solid defense already and he addition of Campbell with some better coaching unleashed that. Fournette has helped Bortles and keeps the offense balanced but that defense was already there.

Zeek has some mamouths to run behind and the success he has had on the ground has kept the defense off the field and fresh.

My point. If one of the top two DE are off the board and Barkley is there, yes, draft him because he is BPA. However I’m not drafting him over one of the DE. Our defense isn’t where the Jags is and our OL aren’t roadgraders like Dallas. Barkley would definitely help Jameis and balance the attack, but if the OL isn’t effective at run blocking then Barkley provides little help and we are having the same conversation about the DL at this time next season. 

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Note: what do you think of Bucs using Spence at SLB in the role of a Barr or Vic Beasley? 

It would allow us to stay in a 4/3. But we would need even more DEs AND we'd have to bench one of Beckwith/Kwon. It seems like a bigger loss than gain.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It would allow us to stay in a 4/3. But we would need even more DEs AND we'd have to bench one of Beckwith/Kwon. It seems like a bigger loss than gain.

Well when you have a strength at LB, maybe cut a deal to trade one for a day two pick or DE. 

Spence has shown he cannot hold up at DE. 

54 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

My top 3 prospects:

1. Bradley Chubb

2. Arden Key

3. Saquan Barkley

Keep in mind that Sacksonville had a solid defense already and he addition of Campbell with some better coaching unleashed that. Fournette has helped Bortles and keeps the offense balanced but that defense was already there.

Zeek has some mamouths to run behind and the success he has had on the ground has kept the defense off the field and fresh.

My point. If one of the top two DE are off the board and Barkley is there, yes, draft him because he is BPA. However I’m not drafting him over one of the DE. Our defense isn’t where the Jags is and our OL aren’t roadgraders like Dallas. Barkley would definitely help Jameis and balance the attack, but if the OL isn’t effective at run blocking then Barkley provides little help and we are having the same conversation about the DL at this time next season. 

Dallas had the same oline the year before. And McFadden ran for 1,000 yards. It didn't matter. Zeke made their offense dynamic. And he helped Dak get RotY.

Jacksonville's weapons were better/healthier in the years before Fournette got there. And Bortles was a rollercoaster of great and downright awful. Add Fournette and that offense is consistently good/decent.

If Barber can make something out of nothing behind this oline, I can only imagine what a back like Barkley could do after we add a couple guys up front this off-season.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Well when you have a strength at LB, maybe cut a deal to trade one for a day two pick or DE. 

Spence has shown he cannot hold up at DE. 

But that's due to injuries, not play. He hasn't had a chance to show if he can hold up at DE.

Kwon and David are key cogs in our defense (and leaders) and Beck isn't gonna fetch anything more than what we used to get him. I understand the idea of trading one but I don't think it makes sense. And there's no way it would happen.

I know it stinks talking about draft this early, but good discussion from everyone.

With at the very least some coaching changes being made, I am focusing in particular on George Warhop.  He has been here 4 years and the running game has been good for 1 year.  I believe there is a chance the running game will get better with a new voice.

I m going to assume he is gone.  For me, Barkley is David Johnson, but faster.  It is easy to forget how good he is receiving and running with speed and power.  

IMO, I dont think any defensive player in this draft is better then Barkley.  I wasnt upset when Howard was drafted and there are risks with investing in a RB, but please draft potential elite talents if you dont have on already at that position.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dallas had the same oline the year before. And McFadden ran for 1,000 yards. It didn't matter. Zeke made their offense dynamic. And he helped Dak get RotY.

Jacksonville's weapons were better/healthier in the years before Fournette got there. And Bortles was a rollercoaster of great and downright awful. Add Fournette and that offense is consistently good/decent.

If Barber can make something out of nothing behind this oline, I can only imagine what a back like Barkley could do after we add a couple guys up front this off-season.

I’ll say this. If Jon Gruden is our HC next year, Barkley will be a Buc. 

But the DL still needs some serious work and id argue that you can’t fix both the OL and DL this off-season and if we don’t fix the DL nothing will improve next season.

Archived