Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm really torn because I agree. Evans and Fitz could turn into an amazing duo. And having both of them roaming around would help our coverage everywhere. But it would suck to miss out on Chubb, Ferrell, or even Key.

I still think somehow getting both Fitz AND one of the top pass rushers would be a dream come true. But it's nothing more than a dream.

I don't like key. Chubb or Ferrell in the top 10 at DE is fine by me. Watching Ferrell a few times he's a beast on that DLINE. Chubb is a boss and I'd take him in a heart beat  

I just don't want to reach for a pass rusher in the top 10 on a guy like Key. I could be wrong I just don't see the strength nor pass rush array from him to play up front. 

16 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I don't like key. Chubb or Ferrell in the top 10 at DE is fine by me. Watching Ferrell a few times he's a beast on that DLINE. Chubb is a boss and I'd take him in a heart beat  

I just don't want to reach for a pass rusher in the top 10 on a guy like Key. I could be wrong I just don't see the strength nor pass rush array from him to play up front. 

He's tall, lanky, and lean. I think that's what scares some people about Key.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

For me, the only prospect I have interest in outside of both lines is Barkley.  Secondary is a concern, I m not ready to write off VH III as a bust yet.  I would rather on safety till the 3rd or later.

meh, ive said my peace on Barkley and his lack of effort

If we dont get Chubb i really hope we get Derwin James ( and that he pans out like Jalen Ramsey)

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

meh, ive said my peace on Barkley and his lack of effort

If we dont get Chubb i really hope we get Derwin James ( and that he pans out like Jalen Ramsey)

From walterfootball:

For the NFL, James fits as a strong safety who is a tough eighth defender in the box. He is very fast with good instincts and is a hard hitter. James has good athleticism to cover tight ends, but has coverage issues and is not good to line up as a nickel corner against slot receivers or be a deep center fielder. James could also add some weight and be a Will - weakside - linebacker. He needs to improve on his ball skills for the NFL. 

James has played well this season, but has had some painful missed tackles. In 2017, he has 84 tackles with 11 passes batted and two interceptions. 

10 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

have to disagree here

DB > G

its easier to find a serviceable guard than a corner

Going oline in the first isn't the sexy pick. But having a mauler that could be Travis Frederick-good would help the offense everywhere. And Nelson is one of the best players in the draft.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Going oline in the first isn't the sexy pick. But having a mauler that could be Travis Frederick-good would help the offense everywhere. And Nelson is one of the best players in the draft.

although i agree

i feel our needs are:

DE, DB and then everything else

and Frederick plays Center, there are always decent Cs in the 3rd or later, moving Marpet to C was dumb, turned him into a decent center as opposed to an All Pro guard

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

although i agree

i feel our needs are:

DE, DB and then everything else

and Frederick plays Center, there are always decent Cs in the 3rd or later, moving Marpet to C was dumb, turned him into a decent center as opposed to an All Pro guard

Would you prefer Zach Martin? icon_lol.gif

Either way, Nelson looks like he can be one of the best. And he's one of the top prospects available.

Archived