WEEK 14: Lions at Bronco's

AKRNA

10 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I just hope Judy finally gets a touchdown...

I feel for him, such bad QBs. I was watching the TNF game last night and Jefferson looks better than Jeudy, but is that because he has a more competent QB delivering the ball to him. It kind of makes you think, would Cousins be such a bad option if we lose out in getting Wilson? All the pieces are here for a QB like Cousins to thrive. 

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I feel for him, such bad QBs. I was watching the TNF game last night and Jefferson looks better than Jeudy, but is that because he has a more competent QB delivering the ball to him. It kind of makes you think, would Cousins be such a bad option if we lose out in getting Wilson? All the pieces are here for a QB like Cousins to thrive. 

he also has a competent OC I was really impressed with  Clint Kubiaks play calling he knows how to exploit matchups. we don't even have an OC or Qb to exploit jeudys route running ability .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

he also has a competent OC I was really impressed with  Clint Kubiaks play calling he knows how to exploit matchups. we don't even have an OC or Qb to exploit jeudys route running ability .

The Kubiak to Denver is a drum I've been pounding for a while. OC/ASST HC, so it's not a lateral move. What a huge difference he'd make to this team. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

The Kubiak to Denver is a drum I've been pounding for a while. OC/ASST HC, so it's not a lateral move. What a huge difference he'd make to this team. 

I think he may garner head coach interviews though. I mean Cousins is playing the best football of his career under him. it be interesting to see how this final string of games plays out because Paton came from Minnesota is probably very familiar with Clint. 

I think Clint really helps the Margin of error on Qbs. Most Qbs would play their best ball under Clint. Maybe minimizes the need to give up a ton of assets. I don't know what you'd do defensively though. probably not landing someone as good as Vic.

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think he may garner head coach interviews though. I mean Cousins is playing the best football of his career under him. it be interesting to see how this final string of games plays out because Paton came from Minnesota is probably very familiar with Clint. 

I think Clint really helps the Margin of error on Qbs. Most Qbs would play their best ball under Clint. Maybe minimizes the need to give up a ton of assets. I don't know what you'd do defensively though. probably not landing someone as good as Vic.

Is it a surprise that Cousins is having his best season - Shanahan drafted him specifically because he had the traits to run the Shanahan/Kubiak offence. 

And I would be onboard with bringing in Klint Kubiak (and Cousins if we lose out on Rodgers/Wilson) - unlike the Broncos - the problems with the Viking do not stem from poor offensive play-calling or poor QB play. In fact I think Kubiak and Cousins would thrive with the offensive weapons we have.

• Like 1

I'm happy for DET fans and players / coaches that they won last week - this week seems like a tall order:

The Lions are 9-4 ATS even though they're 1-10-1, so they're clearly a team that plays its heart out, and game management issues aside (not a surprise when your OC is Anthony Lynn - HC Dan Quinn (EDIT: Campbell, oops) took over play calling 3 weeks ago, and the extra duties unfortunately haven't led to improvements in game management - but they were feeding Swift & Hockenson way more), they've been well-coached all year long.    They're missing their 2 top pass rushers, lost more DB's and their starting LB, and don't have their 3 top weapons (and were already down their starting C with Covid this week).   

Every team has to fight through injuries, but when it's a talent-poor team like the Lions, man it's hard to see how they can keep it close.  Still, any given Sunday....

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I'm happy for DET fans and players / coaches that they won last week - this week seems like a tall order:

The Lions are 9-4 ATS even though they're 1-10-1, so they're clearly a team that plays its heart out, and game management issues aside (not a surprise when your OC is Anthony Lynn - HC Dan Quinn took over play calling 3 weeks ago, and the extra duties unfortunately haven't led to improvements in game management - but they were feeding Swift & Hockenson way more), they've been well-coached all year long.    They're missing their 2 top pass rushers, lost more DB's and their starting LB, and don't have their 3 top weapons (and were already down their starting C with Covid this week).   

Every team has to fight through injuries, but when it's a talent-poor team like the Lions, man it's hard to see how they can keep it close.  Still, any given Sunday....

Lions HC is Dan Campbell, Dan Quinn is the cowboys DC.

23 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Lions HC is Dan Campbell, Dan Quinn is the cowboys DC.

Brain cramp, thx.  

Love Campbell as a HC even if no player has actually bitten anyone’s kneecaps  yet.   He made the correct call to take play calling away from OC Lynn.  Just a little overwhelmed with all the duties, which has led to some questionable game management decisions the last 2-3 games.  Otherwise he’s done everything he can to get that team ready to play.   Hope he gets 3+ years to see the rebuild through - with a different OC next year.  

To add to the talent gap we get guys back - Callahan can’t stay healthy but he’s been good in the slot when he does.   

Edited by Broncofan

22 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Went to the Avs vs. Red Wings game last night, we kicked some DET behind on the ice. Seems like it won't be a good week for DET fans vs DEN fans, sad for their fanbase, not a good time to be DET fan.

TBH the Lions needed to clean house and start over.  At least they seem to be trying hard and overachieving.   That’s a good sign.   

Touch of class by DEN re: DT.   Nice move. 

• Like 1