WEEK 14: Lions at Bronco's

AKRNA

On 12/15/2021 at 2:35 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

An excellent comparison, and one I haven't heard until reading this.

It really is eerily similar. 

If we can land Russ or Aaron and Vic can play John Fox-like role, just get out of the way and let the QB and new OC do their thing, we could see a repeat of the 2012-2015 results. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If we can land Russ or Aaron and Vic can play John Fox-like role, just get out of the way and let the QB and new OC do their thing, we could see a repeat of the 2012-2015 results. 

I think thats close to what Paton wants to accomplish.

I think Rodgers is quite a possibility this year. GB would get $20 million in cap relief and a couple of draft picks, we'd get Rodgers at a reasonable salary. I've heard talk of a bidding war but I don't see that at all. Rodgers doesn't need the money so retirement is definitely on the table. Think of teams that are really just a QB away, lots of draft picks and cap room. That's a really short list.

Anyway, as much as I hated the idea last year ( we had too many holes to fill ) I love it this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I think Rodgers is quite a possibility this year. GB would get $20 million in cap relief and a couple of draft picks, we'd get Rodgers at a reasonable salary. I've heard talk of a bidding war but I don't see that at all. Rodgers doesn't need the money so retirement is definitely on the table. Think of teams that are really just a QB away, lots of draft picks and cap room. That's a really short list.

Anyway, as much as I hated the idea last year ( we had too many holes to fill ) I love it this year.

Yeah Aaron himself does not need the money but his ego does. And say that as someone who has been a fan of his from day 1. 

Either of these guys, be it Aaron or Russ, will want to be paid top-flight, break-the-bank, set-the-market kind of money. And I don't blame them for that, at all. 

I think Paton is playing his cards right, whether that results in one of them landing here remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah Aaron himself does not need the money but his ego does. And say that as someone who has been a fan of his from day 1. 

Either of these guys, be it Aaron or Russ, will want to be paid top-flight, break-the-bank, set-the-market kind of money. And I don't blame them for that, at all. 

I think Paton is playing his cards right, whether that results in one of them landing here remains to be seen. 

Personally I don't think Wilson is a viable choice for Paton. Too much money, a bidding war, and he'll want a long deal.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Personally I don't think Wilson is a viable choice for Paton. Too much money, a bidding war, and he'll want a long deal.

Yeah but he’s a future Hall of Famer with 5+ years of prime ball left. The cap is only going to increase. Any elite QB is going to get paid and paid exorbitantly. I have to say I think Russ is at least as likely to come here as Aaron, maybe even more so. 

34 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah but he’s a future Hall of Famer with 5+ years of prime ball left. The cap is only going to increase. Any elite QB is going to get paid and paid exorbitantly. I have to say I think Russ is at least as likely to come here as Aaron, maybe even more so. 

We'll just agree to disagree. I don't see Paton jumping on a formula that has never worked IE: trading a bunch of premier draft picks for a QB that will want a salary far in excess of Tom Brady's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I would’ve agreed before the season but the way things have gone, combined with how poor Love looked in his start, I imagine GB is going to be more motivated to work things out with Rodgers - at least for 1-2 more years.  Being that their salaries are a complete non-factor I think Wilson is far more likely.