The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

I wrote a big diatribe in the other thread I referr you to, but in short, fire Hue and keep FO. This last draft was easily the best Ive ever seen from a Browns FO. BTW, I mean since 99 when I started paying attention.

I truly believe Garrett is a future HOFer, Peppers will be a good safety, and Njoku will be a stud TE. Ogunjobi is already a plus run defending DT. Brantley is showing well. Johnson and Wilson are question marks because of injury. Dayes has talent.

Id keep the front office. 

i don't think it is over until the season is over. 

If we pull some wins out our A hole then we are happy. It is like marraige if you are broke. things aint working. then bam you win lotto or your rich lonely uncle dies and you are in the money, then things are good at home. 

i think the front office has loved themselves too much. Not getting Pryor and not getting QB's or a Hue QB. 

Just now, DizzyDean said:

People still calling for coaches/managements heads on a pike, but nobody willing to put out any REALISTIC replacements for them once they are gone that will come here.

I think there are more competent coaches out there than front office people. If one ad to go it would be Hue IMO. I think they both need to stick at it. If Hue gets a decent QB  one more decent WR and a RB then we are in the money. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I think there are more competent coaches out there than front office people. If one ad to go it would be Hue IMO. I think they both need to stick at it. If Hue gets a decent QB  one more decent WR and a RB then we are in the money. 

Agree with your assessment of our needs, and we do not need to reboot the coaching staff or the front office.  We need to fix what we have, period because there is no replacements that will come here in either capacity that is an upgrade.  See the mock I posted the other day, that is a very good start for fixing the team.

It brought in 2 QBs to compete, a RB that should be all world, WR help, a very good CB, a FS to let us let Peppers be Peppers, and most importantly, an OC.

14 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

People still calling for coaches/managements heads on a pike, but nobody willing to put out any REALISTIC replacements for them once they are gone that will come here.

John Gruden, Urban Meyer, Bill Cowher, and/or Bill Walsh.....DUH

Coaching problem solved...

i think the FO has done a better job than hue
they turned a dire salary cap situation into the best in the league
they have hit on more picks than any since we've returned, and have seemingly created a young core of players that as they continue to get better, we will get better
they amassed 5 picks in the first two rounds next year on top of the 3 first rounders we took last year

i dont think they should get rid of hue but if anyone should go its hue

I guess I feel the opposite than most.  Although I am really souring on Hue....I would get rid of the nerds.

The failure to get a QBOTF is all that needs to be said.

However...I will continue

They signed Kenny freakin Britt...enough said

But I will continue

Besides not securing a QBOTF, they gave the QB's we have now the worst offensive weapons in the league.

We jumped the Squeelers to get Njoku who has suspect hands, cannot block....but looks great in a tank top.

They in turn take the younger Watt....who just happens to be tearing it up.

3-4....4-3????  gimmee Watt all day...another fail.

If true about all the trade deadline stuff.....they should be fired on sheer stupidity!!!!

I would give Hue another year, and allow him to choose the QB in next years draft, before I trust the lawyer with no talent evaluation skills

Why is a fan's responsibility to find a new coach?

In all my years following the Browns, in all the coaching searches, I have never heard anyone accurately predict our next coach during the season it became obvious that the coach was about to be fired.

Not Butch, not RAC, not Mangini, not Surmur, not Chud, not Pettine, and certainly not Hue.

So honestly, what is the point of even trying to guess?  It's even more mentally maturbatory than fantasizing about Brock Oswieler being our Franchise QB.  

Candidate lists are not even made publicly available, so why even bother?  Just sit back, relax and let it happen.  Because it's going to happen.  All the wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth won't stop it from happening.  The die has been cast.  Accept the outcome, or go root for Buffalo.

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think the FO has done a better job than hue
they turned a dire salary cap situation into the best in the league
they have hit on more picks than any since we've returned, and have seemingly created a young core of players that as they continue to get better, we will get better
they amassed 5 picks in the first two rounds next year on top of the 3 first rounders we took last year

i dont think they should get rid of hue but if anyone should go its hue

The Front office has also dug us out of 1rst round messes Justin Gilbert, Cameron Irving and Barkevious Mingo.....not only getting rid of Salery, but getting draft assets in return.

In trades: Getting jamar Taylor for exchanging a 7th, getting a 4th for a punter, getting Jamie Collins for a compensatory 3rd.

Free Agents: Tru they signed Britt....but at the same time they signed McCourty and Body-Calhoun AND locked up a lot of our core players while avoiding the Terrell Prior (who wanted more than Britt to stay here lest we forget....Britt took the Pryor deal) or resigning Crow a year too early.

IMO they gave Hue enough to win.....I dont understand what Hue is doing....its like watching Bumpy Johnson or Frank Lucas loose his nerve and start making desperation and scared moves? IMO the front office assembled the pieces of a top 10 D....and we have a top 10 D.......they paid less attention to the O, because #1 the draft talent dictated it, and 2 Hue Jackson who has a reputation as QB whisperer and Offensive Innovator, assembled a coaching staff of Al Saunders and Kirby Wilson....these coaches should be able to do more with less talent....and play complimentary winning football....the front office gave this football a talented 200M Oline, a top 10 D, solid backfield and a couple TE's to throw it too......yet Hue decided to throw the ball 49 times with a rookie (who's not ready) on the road VS. a team that cant stop the run and is missing their starting QB.....

Hue I am a HUGE fan of yours....but after the Colts and Jets game which I thought we were going to win....I LITERALLY recalled this EXACT REACTION in my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZQ0uJ3i_M

Front Office still trying to appease a "QB guru" who loves to overpay for Bengals QBs.

Bungles gonna bungle, tho.  Which is a blessing in disguise, because now we don't have to deal with AJ Kessler -  I mean Cody McCarron - oh you know what I mean, next year after we fire Hue.

Bullet, dodged.

Archived