The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think he never hired an OC so he could cover his own arse.

Hue was basically the only real OC type coach on the roster. If the Browns fired Hue, who would run the offense. I think Hue said he was protecting a young OC and shielding himself from this talentless offense but I think he was just covering his arse and gave himself an insurance policy by not hiring an OC

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hue was basically the only real OC type coach on the roster. If the Browns fired Hue, who would run the offense. I think Hue said he was protecting a young OC and shielding himself from this talentless offense but I think he was just covering his arse and gave himself an insurance policy by not hiring an OC

Spot on, buno67.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Pretty sure Al Saunders could call plays.

He's dabbled at it in the past.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let's not act as though Hue is some mastermind who planned this out 2 years in advance, he's just poor at delegating.

Hue wants to run the offense just like Hue wants to be the GM.

That is exactly what worries me??? It's an organizational mess that only an incompetent owner could set up. Who runs the ship, do we even know???

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pretty sure Al Saunders could call plays.

He's dabbled at it in the past.

So we would want Saunders calling the plays, Guy who hasn’t called plays in years, have him be the head coach to the team, and be the position coach to the WRs. That would be a disaster. Or you have the team hiring coaches mid year which isn’t a good idea.

I think Hue knew what he was getting into and hedged his bet by noting hiring an OC. He either looks great as the HC calling plays with no OC but put the team in a bind if he sucks because it be hard to fire him mid season because it would cause even more chaos. 

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So we would want Saunders calling the plays, Guy who hasn’t called plays in years, have him be the head coach to the team, and be the position coach to the WRs. That would be a disaster. Or you have the team hiring coaches mid year which isn’t a good idea.

I think Hue knew what he was getting into and hedged his bet by noting hiring an OC. He either looks great as the HC calling plays with no OC but put the team in a bind if he sucks because it be hard to fire him mid season because it would cause even more chaos. 

Yeah, a disaster....way different than what's happening now.

Archived