So is Gardner Minshew your QBOTF now?

Uncle Buck

Who is the Eagles QB of the Future?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do YOU want as your QB of the future?

• Jalen Hurts
    • Gardner Minshew
    • Other

23 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You can overcome average arm strength with exceptional anticipation or accuracy. It is far from a kiss of death from a QB, but our QB's aren't able to cover up the issue with their other strengths.

name some recent examples. 

Your guys obsession with arm strength is amusing. You want to talk about Hurts overall mechanics,  accuracy, touch, ability to read NFL Defenses by all means.

Those are all reasonable concerns for him to improve upon in order to be considered a true FQBOTF. There isn't a NFL throw Hurts physically can't make. Not one!

Is he Josh Allen , Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, No (news flash most aren't). However this idea he's basically the 2nd coming of a Broken Peyton Manning in Denver or Chad Pennington is a GD Joke.

This idea it is impossible for Hurts to get better or improve in any of those assets listed above after a singular year worth of NFL Starts, is a GD Joke.

I get it, it wouldn't be Philadelphia if fans weren't running the starter out of town for the backup lord and savior! It's what this fan base has done for almost 3 decades now. Grass is always greener mentality.  FQB are easily to find, draft this, draft that, they grow on trees, blah , blah , blah. 

Flippin Nauseating !

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Drew Brees.

He’s the best case scenario and a Hall of Famer though. He also had an offense tooled to it, had great anticipation and accuracy.

Hurts has none of that. He has ok zip, fine accuracy. 

It’s probably one of the most armchair GM/coach takes I believe in. But arm strength matters a lot with how likely that guy will succeed in the NFL.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He’s the best case scenario and a Hall of Famer though. He also had an offense tooled to it, had great anticipation and accuracy.

Hurts has none of that. He has ok zip, fine accuracy. 

It’s probably one of the most armchair GM/coach takes I believe in. But arm strength matters a lot with how likely that guy will succeed in the NFL.

The bolded was literally my point from the post prior lol. I was asked for an example and gave one. Just cause he is an all time great doesn't mean it invalidates the argument.

I am not saying Hurts is going to be ok cause he has average arm strength, I am saying you can succeed with average arm strength.

Obviously you want to have good arm strength in your young prospects, but it isn't a kiss of death(which is what my entire point was).

People are really buying into Minshew after that Jets game? First of all, it's the Jets. Second, Minshew demonstrated that he has sub-par arm strength. The two touchdowns to Goedert were under thrown. That would get him in trouble against a legitimate NFL defense. Not saying Hurts is the man by any means though. I will say his ceiling is way higher than Minshew.

Edited by Folesadelphia

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The bolded was literally my point from the post prior lol. I was asked for an example and gave one. Just cause he is an all time great doesn't mean it invalidates the argument.

I am not saying Hurts is going to be ok cause he has average arm strength, I am saying you can succeed with average arm strength.

Obviously you want to have good arm strength in your young prospects, but it isn't a kiss of death(which is what my entire point was).

it's pretty much a kiss of death. Chad Pennington is probably the 2nd most successful guy, and he wasn't good. And I don't think Drews arm was that bad until he was like 33.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

it's pretty much a kiss of death. Chad Pennington is probably the 2nd most successful guy, and he wasn't good. And I don't think Drews arm was that bad until he was like 33.

Bad arm and average arm are not the same. Mac Jones has an average arm and is playing really well right now. I’m sure there are plenty of other QBs I could think of given some time that played well over periods of time with average arm strength. 

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bad arm and average arm are not the same. Mac Jones has an average arm and is playing really well right now. I’m sure there are plenty of other QBs I could think of given some time that played well over periods of time with average arm strength. 

I agree. Jalen Hurts has a below average arm tho. And I'm guessing Mac can throw harder than Minshew too. Also, Mac Jones is playing "really well" for a rookie, but I wouldn't say he's playing really well as a whole.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I agree. Jalen Hurts has a below average arm tho. And I'm guessing Mac can throw harder than Minshew too. Also, Mac Jones is playing "really well" for a rookie, but I wouldn't say he's playing really well as a whole.

I think Hurts arm is average. I think it looks worse than it is cause he processes so slowly that he constantly underthrows people. Minshew has a worse arm. If he processed as slowly as Hurts he wouldn’t be in the NFL. And agreed on Mac Jones. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think Hurts arm is average. I think it looks worse than it is cause he processes so slowly that he constantly underthrows people. Minshew has a worse arm. If he processed as slowly as Hurts he wouldn’t be in the NFL. And agreed on Mac Jones. 

If Mac Jones has an average arm, and throws harder than Hurts, then Hurts doesn't have an average arm. He's got a below average arm. And if you ranked every starting QB solely by their arm strength, I bet Hurts is either 30, 31, or 32. Which is not average.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yep about the timing and processing part. That's what has made Jones easily the best rookie QB this year. He is very advanced in that part of his game.