"FINAL" top-100 mock.

Suffering_Bills

54 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Do not despair, my friend. SO many things will change between now and the combine. Oh, and McCreary and Winfrey would NOT be reaches at those slots.

Maybe so, and of course it’s always volatile I just don’t see anything about GK that is special and the Falcons are desperate for special. 

Solid Steelers draft, but Ive kinda soured on Linderbaum a little.   I wouldn't be upset, but I feel like he is kind of a Pouncey clone....great pass blocker, but not really a people mover.     The run game will likely be the focus and need road graders up front.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, 43M said:

Solid Steelers draft, but Ive kinda soured on Linderbaum a little.   I wouldn't be upset, but I feel like he is kind of a Pouncey clone....great pass blocker, but not really a people mover.     The run game will likely be the focus and need road graders up front.

Good point, but Linderbaum is a special talent at the position. Getting him at #20 would be outstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Check out your pick now

Not bad, don’t love him but he’s better than GK. Maybe other Falcons fans don’t agree with me but I’m on the ‘sauce’. I would love to see Ahmad Gardner be our pick but Walker in a trade down wouldn’t hurt my feelings either. We have SO many holes.

I do think you’ve got a good grip on needs for the Falcons though. The trenches need work no doubt. The only reason I’m big on Gardner is I think he’s a rare player at a high value position and if you partner him with Terrell and Grant and Oliver then suddenly your secondary can hold up and your pass rush gets that extra .5 to get home. 

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Check out your pick now

Personally, I think Ojabo or Sauce are better fits for what the Falcons need in their scheme than Walker would be.

McCreary is fine, but I could see them double dip at EDGE and take a guy like Myjai or even go OL with a guy like Salyer or Zion Johnson there. 

The 2nd, 2nd round pick fits more as a DE in the scheme than a true DT, and the Falcons kind of need a true nose that can play next to Grady. Travis Jones type guy.

22 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Not bad, don’t love him but he’s better than GK. Maybe other Falcons fans don’t agree with me but I’m on the ‘sauce’. I would love to see Ahmad Gardner be our pick but Walker in a trade down wouldn’t hurt my feelings either. We have SO many holes.

I do think you’ve got a good grip on needs for the Falcons though. The trenches need work no doubt. The only reason I’m big on Gardner is I think he’s a rare player at a high value position and if you partner him with Terrell and Grant and Oliver then suddenly your secondary can hold up and your pass rush gets that extra .5 to get home. 

I like Sauce. Dude's a beast. And I agree about that concept. Need to re-sign Oliver, for sure, but if they do, Sauce would be a great fit across from Terrell and Hall is a solid reserve who can fill in at nickel if Oliver goes down. Sauce could also play the nickel if Oliver goes down and Hall would then play outside. Depth would take a big boost if they got Sauce at 8.

I'm not sold that Denver will pick a QB at 9 if not trade (and by trade I mean Aaron Rodgers) happen. They could well pick a QB there, but all the media and insiders seen to think it's Rodgers or punt the year for Denver.

But if they do pick a QB at 9....with Willis gone, Corral is the guy to go there. I really hope that if Hutchinson and Thibodeux are gone (very very very likely) and Kyle Hamilton is gone too. They go with Ahmad Gardner. Him and Surtain with be a great duo and with Fuller and Callahan likely gone as free agents, CB will be a need for Denver again.

For the second round....nothing against Harris, but Denver really need a new starting edge rusher and a new RT BADLY. LB problably won't be a position they will look into until the 3rd or 4th round (Baron Browning will be the starter and they might retain one or two from the free agents LBs)

I wish one of Jermaine Johnson or Cameron Thomas would be available at our 2nd pick. And give me Daniel Faalele, I see that he is not in your mock and I think he would be perfect RT in Denver (he will be in the 1st round in my mocks tho) - Berhard Raimann would be other OT I would look into the top 50 for Denver is Faalele is gone.

And I know we all hype Thibodeux and Derek Stingley as their top players in their positions, but I keep hearing that they won't be the 1st players taken in their postions when draft day comes (I really listened to those rumors, they use to be right and based on information that we never know until way after the draft, if ever)

Sorry for the book for a reply

• Like 1