"FINAL" top-100 mock.

Suffering_Bills

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

After the combine, that might not be a practical option. Just saying.

A little confused by what you mean on this my friend.   For me outside of the top 5 or so player in this draft who i have as tier 1 and elite prospects coming out.  The dudes from say 6 to 25 are all about the same quality of player to me i don't really see much of a difference from a guy like maybe Sauce at CB and Nakobe Dean at LB talent wise.    or Maybe Ojabo, Karlaftis, and Johnson who i have seen all 3 go anywhere from 7 to 30 almost depending on the mock.   With that being the case for me the combine changes none of that as i have watched the tape on most of them and tape means everything to me over the combine.  Although i still like watching the combine it's enjoyable but pretty much never changes my views on anyone. 

If any of  Hamilton, Thibs, Hutch, Neal, or maybe Ekwonu are there at 8 i probably wouldn't trade down and take them right there.  Stingley gives me a pause as well depending on if the trade offer is bad i might still stay for him.  But after those guys if it's a reasonable trade offer im moving down every single time as long as it's still in the top 20 to 25.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

A little confused by what you mean on this my friend.   For me outside of the top 5 or so player in this draft who i have as tier 1 and elite prospects coming out.  The dudes from say 6 to 25 are all about the same quality of player to me i don't really see much of a difference from a guy like maybe Sauce at CB and Nakobe Dean at LB talent wise.    or Maybe Ojabo, Karlaftis, and Johnson who i have seen all 3 go anywhere from 7 to 30 almost depending on the mock.   With that being the case for me the combine changes none of that as i have watched the tape on most of them and tape means everything to me over the combine.  Although i still like watching the combine it's enjoyable but pretty much never changes my views on anyone. 

If any of  Hamilton, Thibs, Hutch, Neal, or maybe Ekwonu are there at 8 i probably wouldn't trade down and take them right there.  Stingley gives me a pause as well depending on if the trade offer is bad i might still stay for him.  But after those guys if it's a reasonable trade offer im moving down every single time as long as it's still in the top 20 to 25.

To put it simply, in the case of Burks being mocked to the Falcons, as I currently have him, of course subject to change: If Burks runs a 4.4 flat or better, shows out in the drills, completely blows things away, etc., you have to take him at #8 overall, if you desire to draft the best WR in this draft. Otherwise, he will be gone if you trade down. I apologize for oversimplifying, if that is indeed what I did. I know there is plenty of argument over if the Falcons should even draft a receiver with their 1st-rounder, but I would, if I were them. Just my opinion.

11 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

To put it simply, in the case of Burks being mocked to the Falcons, as I currently have him, of course subject to change: If Burks runs a 4.4 flat or better, shows out in the drills, completely blows things away, etc., you have to take him at #8 overall, if you desire to draft the best WR in this draft. Otherwise, he will be gone if you trade down. I apologize for oversimplifying, if that is indeed what I did. I know there is plenty of argument over if the Falcons should even draft a receiver with their 1st-rounder, but I would, if I were them. Just my opinion.

Suffering my friend that dude could run a 4.25 and be top 3 in all drills and i still wouldn't touch him at 8 :)  I have absolutely zero interest in a WR at all in the 1st 2 rounds.  If we trade Calvin for a 1st round pick then i might be persuaded to take a WR with our 2nd  2nf round pick but those 1st 3 or so need to stay away from WR or QB.  Me and like 90% of Falcons nation on here, the real falcons forums, and our own radio station are all saying the same thing everytime they call in lol.  It's pretty rare for the fans to be this united on something im sorta enjoying it :D

Edited by FalconFan13

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Suffering my friend that dude could run a 4.25 and be top 3 in all drills and i still wouldn't touch him at 8 :)  I have absolutely zero interest in a WR at all in the 1st 2 rounds.  If we trade Calvin for a 1st round pick then i might be persuaded to take a WR with our 2nd  2nf round pick but those 1st 3 or so need to stay away from WR or QB.

Certainly a fair enough opinion. I'm truly looking forwards to my updated post-combine mock. Lots of things will change, to include, I'm sure, for the Falcons.

Just now, Suffering_Bills said:

Certainly a fair enough opinion. I'm truly looking forwards to my updated post-combine mock. Lots of things will change, to include, I'm sure, for the Falcons.

Thats cool im looking forward to it to i always do from your mocks even if it is a WR again you know i'll still check it out and see what we got and others got.

• Like 1

Just now, Suffering_Bills said:

I mean, we're ALL waiting on the defensive end numbers/times. Realistically, Atlanta will draft a pass-rusher, but we don't know who will stand out just yet.

Ojabo, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Karlaftis and a few others all stand out already. 

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ojabo, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Karlaftis and a few others all stand out already. 

No offense, but DUH. 😆 Yes, good sir, we know who the elites already are. Hutch and Thibs will almost certainly be gone by your pick. What it boils down to is who, exactly, in that next tier, might be the Falcon's target. Could be Ojabo, Karlaftis, or somebody else. Jermaine Johnson and Travon Walker are also in play.

Edited by Suffering_Bills

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

No offense, but DUH. 😆 Yes, good sir, we know who the elites already are. Hutch and Thibs will almost certainly be gone by your pick. What it boils down to is who, exactly, in that next tier, might be the Falcon's target. Could be Ojabo, Karlaftis, or somebody else. Jermaine Johnson and Travon Walker are also in play.

Travon Walker can't pass rush. I can't see him as the pick.