Justin Fields or Zach Wilson?

notthatbluestuff

I can't disagree with anyone who would take Fields right now. But Wilson has been playing better as of late and given the talent around both I'd say that something to be impressed by. Jets need to go back to the basics with Zach in the off-season and maybe get him a personal coach that goes with him everywhere like Brady has.

4 hours ago, biggie. said:

Fields. Wilson flat out SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

The Jets are the worst defense in the league (dead last in points allowed and yards) and they are the second worst rushing offense. Oh yeah, his OC and HC are rookies as well. What a wonder the kid from BYU is having a tough go his first year under one of the brightest spotlights in sports.

I am a huge Fields fan and looking up any of my previous posts you can see I wanted him over Wilson - and I still would. Not because Wilson suuuuuuuuuuuucks, but because I really loved Fields coming out of college.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

The Jets are the worst defense in the league (dead last in points allowed and yards) and they are the second worst rushing offense. Oh yeah, his OC and HC are rookies as well. What a wonder the kid from BYU is having a tough go his first year under one of the brightest spotlights in sports.

I am a huge Fields fan and looking up any of my previous posts you can see I wanted him over Wilson - and I still would. Not because Wilson suuuuuuuuuuuucks, but because I really loved Fields coming out of college.

There's rookie growing pains and there's just being bad. Wilson is the latter. He has done nothing to show he's the guy.

Trevor Lawrence is on an even worse team and he's shown some promise.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

There's rookie growing pains and there's just being bad. Wilson is the latter. He has done nothing to show he's the guy.

IMO, the worst interception of the year was thrown by the "ambidextrous" Carson Wentz.

9 hours ago, biggie. said:

Oh gee wiz, a single clip. Wrap it up boys, we got more than enough to prove he's an awful QB.

And what's the promise that TLaw is showing that Trevor is not? Because as I see it, they are both doing poorly on poor teams.  Comparing the which team is worse, the Jags or the Jets, is just splitting hairs at this point.

10 hours ago, biggie. said:

If the RB doesn't stupidly turn around that's an easy 5-6 yards. That's not the worst interception of the year. Trevor Lawrence to this point hasn't shown significantly more either.

• Like 1

Field - 8 GS, 2 Wins, 58.1% Cmp, 1361 Yds, 4 TD, 8 INT, 69 QB RT, 25.8 QBR - Defense: 22 SOS: 28

Wilson - 8 GS, 2 Wins, 58% Cmp, 1538 Yds, 6 TD, 11 INT, 66.2 QB RT, 25 QBR - Defense: 32 SOS: 1.36

I mean they are pretty comparable stat wise. Defenses are both mediocre which IMO is a really really underrated role in a rookie QB looking like a stud compared to looking mediocre. Having the pressure of scoring a ton of points each game is going to force them into making mistakes.

The bears have played a much tougher schedule overall compared to the Jets as well. 

I also don't think either has a great supporting cast right now but fields IMO has better weapons on offense even if I do still find them somewhat mediocre. Right now neither look like studs I would want starting but neither has much to work with on either side of the ball so who knows. 

17 hours ago, Chargers said:

I can't disagree with anyone who would take Fields right now. But Wilson has been playing better as of late and given the talent around both I'd say that something to be impressed by. Jets need to go back to the basics with Zach in the off-season and maybe get him a personal coach that goes with him everywhere like Brady has.

They hired John Beck for that very reason.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/11/2/22759178/jets-have-hired-john-beck-to-coaching-staff

14 hours ago, biggie. said:

That INT was bad, but when he was going to pitch it the RB was looking at him. So it looks worse than it really was. The QBs he compares with didn't even start as rookies so its hard to tell with him.  

Wilson started looking better this week with playing within the offense. Once he gets the little things done, he can be really good. Again last week he had moments where he would roll out flick the ball 50+ yards while throwing off the ground hitting the WR in the hands but the WR drops it.  The simple things and playing within the offense, reading the defense and taking what is given is what he was off on and he was much better last week.

A few things:

- Pretty much all of the upper level QBs went to the worst possible places for their skillsets except Wilson, the Pats were the only team that actually built their offense around their actual skillset.

- I would just LOVE to go back to the pre draft QB threads where it was en vogue to unfairly criticize Fields for the silliest things but look the other way when it came to critiquing Wilson/Lawrence. Wilson had GLARING flaws but people looked the other way in the name of "stats" and "flash"

- Someone said Wilson has some Johnny Manziel in him and I busted out laughing because I can see it, he does well with sandlot, wing it football, he is horrible in structure. I can see Fields getting a competent HC/OC and taking off, Nagy basically had him out there on his own, like he didn't want to draft him.

Edited by MSURacerDT55