Jump to content

My Inaugural Mock Draft


kingseanjohn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, kingseanjohn said:

What if it comes with draft picks? One year of cap hell is worth a bounty of picks imo. Get you the ammo to trade up for that QBOTF if needed or stock the team with plenty of talent. I'm not sure what a team like the Broncos, Steelers, etc would give up for Ryan but it's worth considering.

Still not worth it for the draft picks unless it's literally something unreasonable  like 2 1st's + a 2nd then i would be interested.  But for just 1 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd im not putting myself in that kind of cap hell for the next 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I didn't intend to compare Corral to Mahomes nor any other QB I listed. I'm just saying that because someone doesn't start day/year one, it doesn't mean they won't be good. Plenty of good QBs have sat a year or more. I'd also argue that you hope any draft pick pans out. Guarantees are rare.

The difference with a guy like Corral vs. a guy like Mahomes is that Corral hasn't shown the talent level at the college level that Mahomes did. He doesn't have similar traits. 

Corral is going to be overdrafted. All of the QBs in this draft are going to be overdrafted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, kingseanjohn said:

#06. N.Y. GIANTS: (From Chicago.) Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State - May be early, but Jones needs weapons.

#07. N.Y. GIANTS: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame - Play maker for the back end.

 

Tell Me More Lets Hear It GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

Giants are desperate in need of Offensive Lineman.  The Giants have offensive weapons.  What they lack is time in the pocket.

Don't know anything about Kyle as I don't start scouting until after the NFL season.  He might be a great player but in my opinion, the teams next priority need would be offensive lineman or a legit edge rusher.

I say a second offensive lineman because after this season is over, we'll have one starter (Andrew Thomas) on the roster.  The team is going to have to find 4 starters, better than what that idiot Dave put on the field this year.  

If it were up to me, my first 3 picks would be offensive lineman...haha.  Really hoping that they can free up some cap to sign at least one if not two legit starters in FA.

We're pretty good at safety with McKinney and J. Love.  Drafting a safety that high for this team would be bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I say a second offensive lineman because after this season is over, we'll have one starter (Andrew Thomas) on the roster.  The team is going to have to find 4 starters, better than what that idiot Dave put on the field this year.  

I didn't look into the Giants at all, just went based off what I remember vs the Chiefs...

But now that I am taking a moment; they have Thomas, Gates, Peart, Bredeson, Martin, and Lemieux under contract in 2022, plus Murphy is an ERFA. I can't speak to the quality of them though. I believe I liked Bredeson and Lemieux as 1-2 year developmental guys back in 2020.

You have 5 DE under contract. But the big hole is that you have ZERO DT under contract. I'm guessing some guys move around, but Spotrac lists zero.

In hindsight, I'd give you DeMarvin Leal or Jordan Davis at 6. Hamilton would still be my pick at 7. He's clear BPA right now imo. Plus Love would be in a contract year. Best case may be to trade down with one of those picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I didn't look into the Giants at all, just went based off what I remember vs the Chiefs...

But now that I am taking a moment; they have Thomas, Gates, Peart, Bredeson, Martin, and Lemieux under contract in 2022, plus Murphy is an ERFA. I can't speak to the quality of them though. I believe I liked Bredeson and Lemieux as 1-2 year developmental guys

Gates broke his leg may never play again.

The other guys I don't consider them any good.  

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

You have 5 DE under contract. But the big hole is that you have ZERO DT under contract. I'm guessing some guys move around, but Spotrac lists zero.

Right a nose tackle would help.  Couldn't afford to keep Tomlinson so they signed some cheap free agents.  We do have a lot of edge rushers but very few have proven anything.

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

In hindsight, I'd give you DeMarvin Leal or Jordan Davis at 6. Hamilton would still be my pick at 7. He's clear BPA right now imo. Plus Love would be in a contract year. Best case may be to trade down with one of those picks.

I get the whole BPA just not a position id look to draft that high.

Not opposed to trading down a few picks.  

Not really sure how things will unfold with a new GM coming in but I do know it can't get any worse....knock on wood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A great many mocks have the Packers taking an ILB in round one, and I believe they are all very wrong. Unless you are following the Packers closely you are probably unaware of how well De'Vondre Campbell is playing. He will get a huge hike in salary next year. Meanwhile, undrafted FA Krys Barnes has turned into an excellent complement to Campbell. So, while ILB has been an Achilles heel in recent years, it isn't now.*

I know your choice (Devin Lloyd) has played some OLB (and the Packers WILL need an edge guy), but the edge guys the Packers look for are all bigger guys (think Peppers in the past, or Z.Smith, Preston Smith and Rashan Gary now), we are talking 265lbs or more, not 235.

The Packers may well be interested in a bigger edge guy like Travon Walker, Kingsley Enagbare, Cameron Thomas or Logan Hall, since they will probably lose Z.Smith and maybe P.Smith as well.............so they will need someone solid to play opposite Rashan Gary. The question is whether they consider any of those three guys the best available value, at the end of round one.

Their second greatest need is WR, since I expect Davante Adams to be gone. Randall Cobb too, maybe even MVS. Therefore, WRs London, Pickens and Bell, all look like reasonable targets if the value at Edge isn't there.

Third need is TE. Marcedes Lewis is ancient in NFL terms and may not be back, while 3rd rounder Sternberger was not a success and has been released. Also, TE1 Tonyan is injured at this time (ACL), and his future in Green Bay is uncertain (keeping him is probably dependent upon his cap number). Therefore a good TE like McBride, Likely or Wydermyer is very attractive.

Later picks could include CB, DT/DE G, maybe a second WR - but somewhere (I'm hoping in round 3 or 4) they must get a punt/kick return guy. Someone like Marcus Jones (CB Houston) in round three, would make a world of difference to ST

* Christmas update. Looked at the GreatBlueNorth site where Pigskin Paul has done an Xmas mock. What did he choose for the Packers - a linebacker........ehhh.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2021 at 2:03 PM, OneTwoSixFive said:

A great many mocks have the Packers taking an ILB in round one, and I believe they are all very wrong. Unless you are following the Packers closely you are probably unaware of how well De'Vondre Campbell is playing. He will get a huge hike in salary next year. Meanwhile, undrafted FA Krys Barnes has turned into an excellent complement to Campbell. So, while ILB has been an Achilles heel in recent years, it isn't now.

I know your choice (Devin Lloyd) has played some OLB (and the Packers WILL need an edge guy), but the edge guys the Packers look for are all bigger guys (think Peppers in the past, or Z.Smith, Preston Smith and Rashan Gary now), we are talking 265lbs or more, not 235.

The Packers may well be interested in a bigger edge guy like Travon Walker, Kingsley Enagbare, Cameron Thomas or Logan Hall, since they will probably lose Z.Smith and maybe P.Smith as well.............so they will need someone solid to play opposite Rashan Gary. The question is whether they consider any of those three guys the best available value, at the end of round one.

Their second greatest need is WR, since I expect Davante Adams to be gone. Randall Cobb too, maybe even MVS. Therefore, WRs London, Pickens and Bell, all look like reasonable targets if the value at Edge isn't there.

Third need is TE. Marcedes Lewis is ancient in NFL terms and may not be back, while 3rd rounder Sternberger was not a success and has been released. Also, TE1 Tonyan is injured at this time (ACL), and his future in Green Bay is uncertain (keeping him is probably dependent upon his cap number). Therefore a good TE like McBride, Likely or Wydermyer is very attractive.

Later picks could include CB, DT/DE G, maybe a second WR - but somewhere (I'm hoping in round 3 or 4) they must get a punt/kick return guy. Someone like Marcus Jones (CB Houston) in round three, would make a world of difference to ST

Appreciate the feedback. WR was going to be the choice but I felt that Lloyd would be too tough to pass on. As you mentioned, I was unaware of Campbell and Barnes.

I like some edge guys that may be there in the 2nd. I haven't scouted TEs yet. From what I've seen though, there aren't any worth a 1st round pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worst possible selection for the Falcons, I would rather just not pick a player than pick that player in this situation. 
 

Falcons don’t have a need at QB especially not a mediocre one in the top 10 with so much talent out there on the board

Edited by iloxygenil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...