Demaryius Thomas dead at 33.

broncosfan_101

Man, this really hit me. DT's career in Denver went through the entire rollercoaster.

Drafted by Josh McDaniels into a ridiculously dysfunctional team, suffered through Tim Tebow as QB, then in the blink of an eye he's catching a record number of TD's from one of the greatest QB's of all time, then within another blink of an eye he's back in a dysfunctional team without a QB.

I know people say corny stuff when people pass; but the stories floating around on twitter of DT being so amazing around kids and in the community in general are just so heartwarming and sad at the same time. 

He had some really tough times in Denver and he stuck with it and put together an unbelievable career. Not to mention how tough his upbringing was.

RIP, Demaryius.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I know people say corny stuff when people pass; but the stories floating around on twitter of DT being so amazing around kids and in the community in general are just so heartwarming and sad at the same time. 

Damn…. This one sucks. Back when I was in undergrad I was working at children’s hospital in Colorado Springs and DT would pop down all the time to see the kids. Just him. Never any media. Stood in stark contrast to the one time Tebow came down where he and his entourage hung out in the conference room until the media and Patrick Smythe showed up, did his 5 minutes for the camera and then left.

a truly good dude. I’m not crying, you’re crying

• Like 7

I am absolutely heartbroken over this. Just awful news. It's hard to even comprehend. You can tell how much DT meant to so many. The stories coming out today aren't general platitudes, they're deeply personal stories about DT the person. He was a unique guy- his background, perserverance...not many like that. Just an absolutely terrible morning for Broncos Country.