Luck to IR? **EDIT** official

Warhorse

Yesterday the Colts had Matt Barkley, Josh Johnson, Matt McGloin and Connor Shaw in for a workout. Some people were speculating that Luck might go on IR. But I think this was updating their emergency contacts in case Brissett dies in the next few weeks and someone is needed to back up Tolzien. 

Also Kaep’s lawyer said the NFL will come to their senses in the next 10 days to sign him. Go Pats! 

I have the feels for 2011 and think Luck will stay on the active roster but never play a game in 2017. 

Now that the 49ers have Garoppolo it’s conceivable that we can snuggle up right behind Cleveland for the #2 spot because the Giants are going to win 3-4 games by accident and the 9ers have a chance to pick up some wins by 2 points rather then lose those. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why it took so long. Let him rest up, hopefully get back to where he was, and then put him out there. Especially when you guys started out in a hole and the rest of the division has looked decent/solid, especially more so than the last several years.

No reason to risk further injury/rushing him back.

It’s official, Ballard said yesterday or the day before that they were going to have another doctor look at Luck’s shoulder to determine why the soreness was still lingering. And depending on what that doctor said they would put him on IR. And that is the case. Ballard is going to have a press conference soon to address it. 

Archived