Top 3 frustrations & top 3 positives on the season so far

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ok but back to the point, Carr is not the biggest loser because someone out of the league after 3 years would be more of a loser IMO. 
you holding the fact he played 8 seasons compared to someone who played 3. 
is like saying Tom Brady has the most Super Bowl losses as a point against him. 

Statistically speaking Carr is the biggest loser in NFL history because he has more losses in his first 8 seasons then any starting QB in NFL history. Brady's losses in the Super Bowl aren't held against him because he won 7 of them. Jim Kelly was a HOF player but the thing he's remembered for is the fact that he lost back to back Super Bowls. Carr's a winner for lasting this long in the NFL, he can get a participation trophy at the end of the season and high five his brother for his personal statistics while the good QB's try to elevate their teams to a Super Bowl.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Statistically speaking Carr is the biggest loser in NFL history because he has more losses in his first 8 seasons then any starting QB in NFL history. Brady's losses in the Super Bowl aren't held against him because he won 7 of them. Jim Kelly was a HOF player but the thing he's remembered for is the fact that he lost back to back Super Bowls. Carr's a winner for lasting this long in the NFL, he can get a participation trophy at the end of the season and high five his brother for his personal statistics while the good QB's try to elevate their teams to a Super Bowl.

Talking QBs who have played 8 years sure. Statistics always have those Conditions, which you are just leaving out. 
but the fact he made it 8 years again shows that he isn’t the biggest loser in nfl history. 

If a qb goes 0-16, and throws 0tds and 40 ints in that season, he never Plays again, he’d have less loses then TB. Would you say TB is more of a loser then that qb lol?

losses add up the more games/ seasons you play. This is very basic stuff that you can’t seem to grasp. 
I will leave it there. Have a good one my man

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

JIm Kelly lost 4 in a row but in 92 he did not play in most of the game.  When I think of it and most people I have ever spoke to about it they think of it as the Bills losing 4 SBs in a row and not Kelly losing the games even though he did not play well in any of the games.

This is the problem with your logic, every stat needs someone in last place. So say most losses for 16 year starter. 
thts probably like Brett Favre, so would you call him the biggest loser in nfl history? No of course not. 

you pick 8 years cause that’s what Carr is, but 1, his career is not over and 2, only a few QBs last 8 years. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

This is the problem with your logic, every stat needs someone in last place. So say most losses for 16 year starter. 
thts probably like Brett Favre, so would you call him the biggest loser in nfl history? No of course not. 

you pick 8 years cause that’s what Carr is, but 1, his career is not over and 2, only a few QBs last 8 years. 

Derek Carr is the biggest loser to ever have dark hair, a wrist tattoo, and play QB with the last name Carr in NFL history. Lol. 

When you have to start picking out all sorts of ancillary stats to support am argument, it indeed lacks logic. 

I'm merely amused by the general inability to afford Carr any context, while every defense of other QBs named is nothing BUT context. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

JIm Kelly lost 4 in a row but in 92 he did not play in most of the game.  When I think of it and most people I have ever spoke to about it they think of it as the Bills losing 4 SBs in a row and not Kelly losing the games even though he did not play well in any of the games.

Jim Kelly at least made the Super Bowl, Carr can't even break .500.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Derek Carr is the biggest loser to ever have dark hair, a wrist tattoo, and play QB with the last name Carr in NFL history. Lol. 

When you have to start picking out all sorts of ancillary stats to support am argument, it indeed lacks logic. 

I'm merely amused by the general inability to afford Carr any context, while every defense of other QBs named is nothing BUT context. 

The one stat I have is his overall wins and losses, he has more losses than any starting QB through 8 years in NFL history. Is it all on Carr definitely not, our team has been buns. But W/L will always be associated with QB, fair or not.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Not at all.  I am just pointing out that Kelly played a big part in the teams success during the regular season but his team carried him n the playoffs.

The same can be said for most Super Bowl quarterbacks. Brady has won multiple Super Bowls where the defense carried them and he just played like a game manager. Passing volume typically goes down in the playoffs due to harsh weather conditions.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, NYRaider said:
On 12/29/2021 at 10:39 PM, ronjon1990 said:

No, stop giving meaningless context. Nobody cares about injuries or coaching or stability or teammates. Those are EXCUSES. 

WINNERS WIN. LOSERS LOSE. GOOD QBs ELEVATE TRASH AROUND THEM. PERIOD. 

Play by the rules. 

Expand  

Russell Wilson has won throughout his career, we have a 9 year sample size. They were 2-2 before he got hurt early in the Rams game.

He's clearly being ironic 😁