Urban Meyer Thread

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

We will not speak that into existence. 

We will lose cuz it's what we do. 

Then I apologize in advance, because when it comes to football, what i want to happen rarely happens.  I think I used up my decade allotment of luck last season rooting for us to get the #1 pick 

Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Charles said:

Jeez...he really doesn't have a clue as an owner does he?  If he wasn't willing to fire the worst HC in modern football history....we're screwed 

He was gone at seasons end. Gus didn’t want to keep going when he knew he was out of a job regardless of results to end the season.

This hasn't been talked about in a while, and I think it actually plays a big part in how things play out: does Khan have a good case to fire Urban with cause, thus not having to pay him the huge amount he's owed? After the Ohio deal it looked possible, but he wasn't fired then and things have died down. What would it take to have him fireable for cause? If coaches went on record that he was calling them names etc., does that even matter when it comes to firing for cause?

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This hasn't been talked about in a while, and I think it actually plays a big part in how things play out: does Khan have a good case to fire Urban with cause, thus not having to pay him the huge amount he's owed? After the Ohio deal it looked possible, but he wasn't fired then and things have died down. What would it take to have him fireable for cause? If coaches went on record that he was calling them names etc., does that even matter when it comes to firing for cause?

I'd say the cinci incident should give cause but who knows when no one has a copy of the exact contract 

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I'd say the cinci incident should give cause but who knows when no one has a copy of the exact contract 

But also, is there a reasonable statute of limitations on when he's fired? The more time passes the flimsier that charge would seem to get, yeah? Hopefully him losing the team and coaching staff could be attributed back to that and it used as a breach of contract.

Also, I wonder if it's already been settled between Khan and Meyer to have him "step down" in the off-season to either retire or take a college job in order to avoid being fired for cause 🤔.

Edited by NudeTayne

50 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But also, is there a reasonable statute of limitations on when he's fired? The more time passes the flimsier that charge would seem to get, yeah? Hopefully him losing the team and coaching staff could be attributed back to that and it used as a breach of contract.

Also, I wonder if it's already been settled between Khan and Meyer to have him "step down" in the off-season to either retire or take a college job in order to avoid being fired for cause 🤔.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/06/could-the-jaguars-fire-urban-meyer-for-cause/amp/

At all times during the term of this Agreement, whether in the performance of his duties and responsibilities under this Agreement or otherwise, Coach shall conduct himself in accordance with the NFL and Club Personal Conduct Policies, high standards of honesty, morality and good conduct and shall refrain from taking any actions which could be construed as detrimental to the best interests of Club or the NFL,” a comparable contract obtained by PFT explains. “This shall include, but not be limited to, insubordination, drunkenness, any personal conduct on or off the job which could bring disgrace on or discredit to Club, the NFL or both. Coach shall conduct himself with regard to public conventions and morals, and shall not gamble or bet illegally or excessively or gamble at all on any football game or team sport, shall not use intoxicants or stimulants to excess or frequent places or associate with persons of questionable character, shall abide by all standards set forth by Club regarding appearance and standards of workmanship, shall not participate in any activity in violation of the NFL rules, constitution or bylaws, and shall not do or commit any act or thing which would tend to bring him, Club or the NFL into public hatred, contempt, scorn or ridicule, or that could shock or offend the community or ridicule public morals or decency or prejudice the NFL or Club or professional football generally.”

the high standards of honesty are gone and morality is gone

• Like 1