2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

On 12/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, Jeezla said:

Are there any more freak size/athleticism dudes with limited football experience, ala Jordan Mailata/Ansah, besides Daniel Faalele?

Austin Allen is a 6'8" TE for Nebraska, and he isn't a lumbering dude either. Actually seems to have pretty good feet and runs smooth routes.  Not going to be confused with Waller, mind you. But Corn Thor looks like a decent project. Catches the ball well too, would like to see some more highpoint throws in the endzone but I haven't watched a lot of Nebraska either, so I may just have missed them.

I guess I can't say he has a lot of limited experience as much as he just hasn't had a ton of PT until the last two years.

Is Faalele considered limited experience at this point anyways? Like he did move to the country having not played, but he came knowing his professional potential and went to IMG Academy (which is a prep school designed for elite fast tracking in sports for college leap) for his year of HS football, and is now a senior at Minnesota having started his freshman, sophmore and now senior years (with a junior opt out).  That's one elite super charged HS year, then 3 years starting and one opt out that likely still drills/trains/studies on his own.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jeezla said:

Is Garrett Wilson the best route runner in the class?

Chris Olave is slightly better than Wilson (route running), its been pretty much know around Buckeye land but Wilson is right there, its a requirement to play for Coach Hartline

Edited by MSURacerDT55

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's potentially 5, maybe more with how much helium OL carry on draft day.  You've got Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, Charles Cross, Nicholas Petit-Frere, and Trevor Penning as potential FRPs.

Well yes sure more can go but he asked how many first round quality OT are there. In my opinion only 3 at the moment.