Jump to content

Week 14 General discussion thread


Blackstar12

Recommended Posts

We are at the time now where we can start to talk about "must wins". These are the teams that must win today:

Washington - They are hot right now and they still have a very slim chance to still win the division. They have to sweep the Cowboys to start. Now they can also sneak into the wildcard spot. I think that would be more likely for them but regardless they have to win today.

Browns - Somehow they too are still alive for their division. They also need to stay in the hunt for a wildcard spot too. They have to win this game especially coming off a BYE and the Ravens have played so badly in recent weeks that they are going to be motivated to play a great game and go for the sweep of the Browns.  If the Browns want to show the world that they still have any fight left in them they have to win this game.

Bills - This is a must win for them bc literally if they lose they could technically be on the outside looking into the playoffs completely. Thats a big drop off from them a few weeks ago being a top 3 favorite in the Vegas Superbowl odds and being at the top of the AFC. So they have to win to not only get their confidence back up but to keep them from having the legit talk about them missing the playoffs completely and being the biggest disappointment in the NFL.

Rams - We know the Rams are going to make the playoffs. They are 2 games cleared in the 5th seed. They will literally have to lose out or at least only lose all but one game for them to miss the playoffs completely. Nobody in their right mind is predicting the Rams to go (0-5) or (1-4) the rest of the way and missing the playoffs. This game is a must win for them to keep them having a shot to win the division. They have to beat the Cards on MNF to not only keep their division hopes alive but to not get swept by the Cards. I know the Cards beat them earlier in the season and I know the Cards are having a great season but the bigger picture still say that McVay and the Rams have owned the Cards over the past five seasons. The only win the Cards have was this season. If the Cards win on MNF not only do they pretty much lock up the division but maybe the tide will turn to the Cards possibly starting to own the Rams moving forward. So this is a big game for the Rams and imo a must win. 

Edited by stl4life07
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

 

Rams - We know the Rams are going to make the playoffs. They are 2 games cleared in the 5th seed. They will literally have to lose out or at least only lose all but one game for them to miss the playoffs completely. Nobody in their right mind is predicting the Rams to go (0-6) or (1-5) the rest of the way and missing the playoffs. This game is a must win for them to keep them having a shot to win the division. They have to beat the Cards on MNF to not only keep their division hopes alive but to not get swept by the Cards. I know the Cards beat them earlier in the season and I know the Cards are having a great season but the bigger picture still say that McVay and the Rams have owned the Cards over the past five seasons. The only win the Cards have was this season. If the Cards win on MNF not only do they pretty much lock up the division but maybe the tide will turn to the Cards possibly starting to own the Rams moving forward. So this is a big game for the Rams and imo a must win. 

I expect LAR to win this one, but say they don't. You have to start asking some tough questions, right? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigTrav said:

I expect LAR to win this one, but say they don't. You have to start asking some tough questions, right? 

If they lose they are basically locked into the 5th seed and you are asking Matt Stafford to go on the road and win 3 straight road playoff games to get to the Superbowl.

 

It’s also Super Bowl or bust for this all in team 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If they lose they are basically locked into the 5th seed and you are asking Matt Stafford to go on the road and win 3 straight road playoff games to get to the Superbowl.

 

It’s also Super Bowl or bust for this all in team 

Exactly. What did they give up for Stafford too? The bare minimum had to be division champs. Which is still possible, not writing them off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

o.o

QB: Goff - flu
RB: Swift - Shoulder/out | Williams - COVID list | Jefferson - Flu
WR: Cephus is on IR but the rest of the group looks mostly there
TE: Hockenson - Hand/doubtful | I think there is only one TE on the roster active and likely to play in UDFA Brock Wright
LT: Decker DNP in practice
LG: Jonah Jackson - Flu
OC: Frank Ragnow - IR
RG: Halapouulivaati Vaitai - Flu
RT: Penei Sewell - Flu/Shoulder
DE: Brockers - Knee/Flu
DT: Alim McNeill - Flu
DE: Nick Williams - Flu | Levi Onwuzurike - Flu
OLB: Trey Flowers - IR | Austin Bryant - Shoulder
MLB: Alex Anzalone - I think he's healthy
MLB: Jalen Reeves Mavis - Shoulder
OLB: Romeo Okwara - IR | Charles Harris - Flu
CB: Jeff Okudah - IR | AJ Parker - IR | Jerry Jacobs
CB: Amani Oruwariye | Ifeatu Melifonwu
S: Tracy Walker - COVID list
S: Will Harris
K: Austin Seibert - IR | Riley Patterson - Flu
Edited by Trojan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trojan said:
o.o

QB: Goff - flu
RB: Swift - Shoulder/out | Williams - COVID list | Jefferson - Flu
WR: Cephus is on IR but the rest of the group looks mostly there
TE: Hockenson - Hand/doubtful | I think there is only one TE on the roster active and likely to play in UDFA Brock Wright
LT: Decker DNP in practice
LG: Jonah Jackson - Flu
OC: Frank Ragnow - IR
RG: Halapouulivaati Vaitai - Flu
RT: Penei Sewell - Flu/Shoulder
DE: Brockers - Knee/Flu
DT: Alim McNeill - Flu
DE: Nick Williams - Flu | Levi Onwuzurike - Flu
OLB: Trey Flowers - IR | Austin Bryant - Shoulder
MLB: Alex Anzalone - I think he's healthy
MLB: Jalen Reeves Mavis - Shoulder
OLB: Romeo Okwara - IR | Charles Harris - Flu
CB: Jeff Okudah - IR | AJ Parker - IR | Jerry Jacobs
CB: Amani Oruwariye | Ifeatu Melifonwu
S: Tracy Walker - COVID list
S: Will Harris
K: Austin Seibert - IR | Riley Patterson - Flu

At least they won last week. 🥳 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...