Jump to content

Lambeau in January


DontTazeMeBro

Recommended Posts

Why do pundits keep saying Lambeau in January is a huge home field advantage? Just off the top of my head. Vick got em. I think the Culpepper Vikes got em. The Giants got em twice. Kaepernick got em. If it wasn’t for the old catch rule Dallas probably would’ve beat them. Has anyone lost more home playoff games the last 20 years than Green Bay?

Edit: oh duh. Tampa beat them last year too.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

xfGwhRD.pngThis is why

 

I wonder what Kawhi Leonard would think about Green Bay given he said Toronto is too cold, but the NBA doesn't play games outside.... 

LOL!

I'm guessing he does go outside though at some point during the day. Is Wisconsin colder than Toronto?! That's brutal

Edited by BigTrav
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cold affects people no matter what you want to say. You can't run as fast or cut as fast. Footballs are harder and more slippery. All are fact. 

Warm weather Southern teams and dome teams are affected as they are NOT used to the temps. You can see it when those southern boys come up and play without sleeves etc. They fell into the mystique as they had to "show" how tough they are by going sleeveless.

Someone reference the Vikes. They also live in a cold climate and their bodies are adapted to the cold so are not as affected.

The same home field advantage occurs to warm weather teams when the cold weather teams have to travel south to play in 80 degree weather in January. Their bodies are not used to the warmth...

.02

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ripline said:

The same home field advantage occurs to warm weather teams when the cold weather teams have to travel south to play in 80 degree weather in January. Their bodies are not used to the warmth...

.02

Being a Floridian myself I can tell you there’s a level of heat and humidity that you don’t get used to. Now that’s hotter than 80. But it’s just as miserable for us.

And I doubt there’s any getting used to a negative wind chill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Being a Floridian myself I can tell you there’s a level of heat and humidity that you don’t get used to. Now that’s hotter than 80. But it’s just as miserable for us.

And I doubt there’s any getting used to a negative wind chill. 

Actually there is. Negative windchill in Nov and December are MUCH colder feeling that same chill in Feb. The body gets used to it to a degree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until 2002, GB had not lost a home playoff game.  Since then, GB has lost a bunch of home playoff games

ATL 2002

Minnesota 2004

NYG 2007 and 2011

SF 2014

TB 2020

Probably a few factors that include Farve and Rodgers led teams being more pass oriented vs run game and defense dominant teams.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ripline said:

Cold affects people no matter what you want to say. You can't run as fast or cut as fast. Footballs are harder and more slippery. All are fact. 

Warm weather Southern teams and dome teams are affected as they are NOT used to the temps. You can see it when those southern boys come up and play without sleeves etc. They fell into the mystique as they had to "show" how tough they are by going sleeveless.

Someone reference the Vikes. They also live in a cold climate and their bodies are adapted to the cold so are not as affected.

The same home field advantage occurs to warm weather teams when the cold weather teams have to travel south to play in 80 degree weather in January. Their bodies are not used to the warmth...

.02

The Vikings have lost their last 2 NFCCGs in the cold by scores of 41-0 and 38-7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...