Week 15: Taking on the team without a name... or players!

Nabbs4u

Just now, Kiltman said:

Specifically the Dline though right? Which had at least one of the staunchest guys in the league (well one of the more vocal ones  I guess) against it in that room. Most the names I’ve noticed have been linemen

21 players.  Like 40% of our roster.  Not just Dlineman. 

• Like 1

I think it's really going to continue to get worse around the league frankly. Between waning efficacy without subsequent boosters and Omicron liking being the new dominant variant soon (though perhaps less deadly according to early signs).

This is just the start of it. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if in a week or two we're missing a good portion of our team due to testing positive.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

21 players.  Like 40% of our roster.  Not just Dlineman. 

Point I was trying to make is if you have an opening and it can spread quick, each person increases the chances of the spread.

If you’ve watched Lord of the Rings. The Dline room, from National perception, seemed to be the drainage gate at the base of helm’s deep. Worst place for it to hit and the most impactful.

To be fair to the other guys though, I’m not sure if the other Dlinemen followed Sweat’s lead or not.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think it's really going to continue to get worse around the league frankly. Between waning efficacy without subsequent boosters and Omicron liking being the new dominant variant soon (though perhaps less deadly according to early signs).

This is just the start of it. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if in a week or two we're missing a good portion of our team due to testing positive.

League should bubble the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah probably. You can do everything right, go crazy on protocols and shut everything down, but as soon as you play a team that is infected it will spread fast.

The league should take a one week hiatus to figure this out for sure, but as others said earlier in the thread it won't happen because money.

Just now, Kiltman said:

League should bubble the playoffs 

I'm going to choose to be hopeful and optimistic here. If the Omicron variant is as early warning signs point to, more transmissible and less deadly, then I'm hoping that next year we can effectively ease up on everything with the previous variants being outcompeted.  In such a case, it'd more or less become flu status. 

But, I can not stress enough that this is just early indications and small sample sizes primarily from the UK and South Africa. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'm going to choose to be hopeful and optimistic here. If the Omicron variant is as early warning signs point to, more transmissible and less deadly, then I'm hoping that next year we can effectively ease up on everything with the previous variants being outcompeted.  In such a case, it'd more or less become flu status. 

But, I can not stress enough that this is just early indications and small sample sizes primarily from the UK and South Africa. 

Hopefully 

we’ll have a couple weeks here to find out.

But they should definitely look to preserving the on field product.

Can you imagine getting to wild card weekend and this happens to a team? Especially if it’s like a #2 seed, totally shifts things.

53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are calling me wrong because I clicked the wrong key by 1 (14 - 15), yet you were absolutely wrong because its def above 15?

Fun logic. I like it when its absent. 

lol here’s your shovel, dig your hole further. 

The USA Today link that you posted looks to be accurate. You cited  something from 2017. The USA Today article looks up to date. And it categorizes the “indiscretions” as a arrests, charged, cited, etc. If you just counted the cases listed as “arrest”, Dallas is way ahead. 24-15. Total “indiscretions”, Dallas: 28 - Phila: 20.  

Like, what are we even arguing here? You’re well aware Dallas’ MO on such things. It’s ok to be wrong. Just own it. Good lord. You must be a peach to live with. 

Edited by Jroc04

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

lol here’s your shovel, dig your hole further. 

The USA Today link that you posted looks to be accurate. You cited  something from 2017. The USA Today article looks up to date. And it categorizes the “indiscretions” as a arrests, charged, cited, etc. If you just counted the cases listed as “arrest”, Dallas is way ahead. 24-15. Total “indiscretions”, Dallas: 28 - Phila: 24. 

Like, what are we even arguing here? You’re well aware Dallas’ MO on such things. It’s ok to be wrong. Just own it. Good lord. You must be a peach to live with. 

The MO is wrong. Weve been on the lower end of issues for *YEARS*. The MO needs to change. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The MO is wrong. Weve been on the lower end of issues for *YEARS*. The MO needs to change. 

Regardless… if even that is true or not…

What you responded to Pete with was wrong. And then wrong again when you responded to me, sarcastically. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Regardless… if even that is true or not…

What you responded to Pete with was wrong. And then wrong again when you responded to me, sarcastically. 

Youll never get me to admit to nothing. 

(im actually just to lazy to fact check you. So if you want to call me wrong, than sure)

So have they traced back the overall contact, who, what, where?

I'm curious what the NFL's requirements are for a team to actually forfiet a game with that new rule they implemented in the offseason?

40% of the roster, seems like a serious outbreak to me? Not arguing fair, unfair, right or wrong but the actual policy the NFL themselves put in place?

As suggested already, who's to say the Eagles playing Washington,  doesn't in turn swap spots next week with an outbreak themselves?

Edited by Nabbs4u