BDL 2021 Quarterfinal Round - #5 Singapore Sentinels @ #4 Camden Hood Rats

Whicker

Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2021 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2021 Quarterfinal Round

Match:  Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats

Away Owner:     @SirA1

Home Owner:     @Jlash

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Edited by Whicker

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Kareem Hunt 
WR1: Darnell Mooney  
WR2:  Kendrick Bourne 
WR3: Gabriel Davis
WR4: Kenny Golladay
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Matt Feiler 
😄 Brian Allen *INACTIVE*
RG: Wyatt Teller
RT: Jedrick Wills 
--------------------
WR5: Laviska Shenault Jr.
WR6: Dyami Brown 
RB2: CEH
RB3: Myles Gaskin
TE1: Foster Moreau 
TE2: Donald Parham 
OL6: Lucas Patrick

DE: Markus Golden
DT: Fletcher Cox 
DT: Aaron Donald 
DE: Hasson Reddick
MLB: Ja’Whaun Bentley
SLB: JOK
CB: Bryce Hall
CB: Tevaughn Campbell 
NCB: Desmond King II
S: John Johnson III 
S: Jordan Poyer
--------------------
DE3: Odafe Oweh 
DE4: Melvin Ingram III
CB4: Kyle Fuller 
CB5: Kelvin Joseph
LB3: Christian Kirksey
S3: Adrian Phillips
S3: Tracy Walker III
DL3: Matt Ioannidis 

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Austin Ekeler
RB- Damien Harris
WR- Mike Evans
WR- Cooper Kupp
WR- Tyler Boyd
LT- Isaiah Wynn
LG- Cody Whitehaird
C- JC Tretter
RG- Kevin Zeitler
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
WR- Nico Collins
OL- Nate Davis
OL- George Fant
OL- Ben Cleveland
QB- Justin Fields

DE- Josh Allen
DT- DJ Reader
DT- Osa Odighizuwa
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Darius Leonard
LB- Drue Tranquill
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- L'Jarius Sneed *INACTIVE*
CB- Greedy Williams
S- Justin Simmons
S- Justin Reid
DL- Maliek Collins
LB- Quincy Williams
CB- CJ Henderson
CB- Mike Hughes
S- Amani Hooker

Edited by Whicker

Singapore Sentinels
Motivation - Playoff football is the best time of the BDL season. We have a lot to be thankful for this season as the team is healthy again and ready to finally make a push. Camden is a great opponent with a familiar leader to battle Brady and company. Bring on all the Brady haters.

Offensive Strategy
Formations:  4 WR (50%) / 3 WR (25%)  2 RB (25%)
Scheme:  Pass (65%) vs Run (35%)

Passing  

• We are going to spread out the Hood Rats secondary using a 4 receiver formation for most of the game. Lots of motion and up tempo plays, no huddle, empty backfield using our excellent RB’s in receiving patterns. Brady has the Field General experience of over 20 years to call his own plays to keep the defense on their heels. 
  • Darnell Mooney has developed like we hoped this year into a no. 1 WR and with a better QB in Brady can take the top off of BDL defenses and should get over 1000 yds this season, a benchmark I always like to see. We’ve had our eye on Kendrick Bourne for a few years now but missed out on him to Camden through waivers. One of our best Free Agent adds this year, he is a solid No 2 WR and red zone fiend. Gabriel Davis is on the rise and is a big play WR that can find the end zone. Gollady will fill the role of a Big Slot WR this week to hit over the middle and keep the chains moving.
  • All of our receivers average over 14 yards per reception so this isn’t a dink and dunk offense. Brady will assess their defense with his fast processing speed and choose his best options to slice up this secondary in chunks.
  • Our RBs are all excellent receivers in their own right and can provide a safety value for Brady to limit pressure from the Camden front six. 

Rushing

• Hunt will get the start because he is our best RB in all honesty. Hunt and CEH will get the majority of the carries this week with Gaskins spelling them. We will use outside zone runs to stretch the Camden DL out with some play action. We aren’t going to abandon the run entirely and think we can keep the Hood Rats guessing by using some Jet sweeps sprinkled in as well.

Defensive Strategy
Formations:  4-2-5 Nickel / 4-3 Under 

• Last year in the Divisional Round we narrowly beat a Lancaster team with DangeRuss, Kamara, Mike Evans, Michael Pittman, Diontae Johnson and Jonnu Smith. This season we get Matty Ice, Ekeler, Mike Evans again, Cooper Kupp and old man Ertz. Not having to start Lonnie Johnson Jr at CB should help as well. 

Run Defense

• Aaron Donald (7 sacks) and Fletcher Cox clog the middle and get penetration  to collapse the pocket and not give Matty Ice/Baker time to step up and make throws. Aaron Donald is known to be a monster and game wrecker by himself, since pairing him with Fletcher Cox, a beast in his own right, we have one of if not the best interior tandems in the league. They should give the Camden OL trouble today. The Greek Freak Matt Ioannidis will rotate in to keep them fresh.
  • JOK will spy on Ekeler in both the run game and pass to limit his impact. Bentley is a thumper in the MIddle and  Kirksey will come in versus heavy run sets if they decide to go that way with Damien Harris or Sony Michel. It should be hard for Camden to get much yardage in the trenches.

Pass Rush 

• Reddick (10.5 Sacks) and Golden (10 Sacks) bring pressure as good as any tandem in the BDL and we will be bringing blitz packages from secondary and backer positions. This should force Ryan to throw quickly and not give his receivers time to develop their routes. The depth off the bench in Oweh (5 Sacks) and Ingram will make sure that Ryan has no time and nowhere to run all day.
  • We will be keeping the pressure on for parts of the game with a safety blitz from Jordan Poyer or linebacker Bentley. Bentley will Blitz the play-side A-gap by creeping up once the offense begins the cadence. On ball movement, he will blitz the A-gap. When the DE slants out, it should create a free lane for Poyer (SS).
  • Stopping Donald, Cox, Golden and Reddick will be a task this week for the Hood Rats. Oweh continues his campaign for Defensive Rookie of the Year and has proven both effective at stopping the run and creating havoc in the backfield by forcing turnovers.

Pass Defense
Formation - Press Cover 3 Hybrid 
Cover_3_gif.gif

• We will look to limit the big play and use a unique coverage design initially appearing to resemble a single-high man-coverage alignment. But at the snap of the ball, both cornerbacks bail vertically while maintaining tight outside leverage on the wide receivers. With vision set inside on both the quarterback and the receivers, our corners can maintain proper depth, which allows them to play a combination of multiple routes within their zone responsibilities.
  • From this same pre-snap position, both cornerbacks can easily deploy the top-down man-coverage technique that is designed to look identical to their Cover 3 zone concept. The similar appearance of both man and zone alignments are designed to confuse Matty Ice into making errant passes.
  •  Bryce Hall, Tevaughn Campbell, and Desmond King II will be responsible for the underneath routes. Adrian Phillips is our Dime S this week and will cover their 4th WR. We think by limiting their big play opportunities and focusing on stopping Ryan we can keep it close enough  for TB12 to win the day.

Coverage Assignments:
·         Mike Evans / Bryce Hall - CB

Tyler Boyd/Everett  / Tevaughn Campbell - CB
·         Cooper Kupp  / Desmond King II - CB 
         Zach Ertz / Jordan Poyer -  S

Offense (Pro form base)
Motivation: We've never done a 'motivation' section before, but this week after matchups were announced we were told by another owner that we not only didn't deserve the coaching accolades we won for our game plans last year, but we also don't deserve our current playoff spot. And you know what? No one really pushed back so it seems that we're pretty large underdogs coming into this thing and that can help us. Along with the bulletin board material, here are some other ways we want to attack Singapore.
Split back sets (pro formation)- We want to get our RB's heavily involved here today and the traditional split back or pro formation base is what we'll use about 60% of the time. For those too young to remember the pro formation it looks like this:

283518.image0.jpg

This allows us to keep two very strong runners on the field but also keep 3 receiving options available, in this case an extra WR. So we're forcing Singapore to defend with a nickel defense essentially the whole game even if we go run heavy. This opens up some stuff for us:
    - Attacking the edges: We can work toss sweeps in either direction out of this formation to get at the edges of Singapore quickly. With big bodied WR's able to curl back and help block we think we can bust some of these. We'll use a lot of pre-snap motion in all sets, but for these plays it can be particularly effective when we're attacking the Singapore DE's. This also allows us to run routes with our RB's to either side, which would include some screens, giving the defense another thing to think about.
    - Protection: Along with giving us flexibility to run routes with either/both RB's to attack the defense, we can pivot and use either/both RB's to stay in and protect Ryan from this ferocious pass rush. 
    - Misdirection: We'll use a fair amount of counters, draws and fakes to slow down this wild pass rush that Singapore brings. We think all this running at them, forcing them to read two different RB's before making a move can wear them down. 
    - Play action: With Singapore having to defend the run this much, they'll have to decide whether to play a heavy defense or compromise size for speed to defend the 3 WR sets. Either way, they'll have to look to stop the run first and this will open up big play action opportunities for Matt Ryan and Co. We think our biggest advantage in this game is our WR's vs their CB's, so getting even more of a leg up with playing off play action can lead to some easy passes in this one.

Heavy sets- From time to time we'll take out the third WR and put an extra offensive lineman on the field at the TE spot to pound runs and really wear this line down. Our goal is to just beat this defensive line up and prevent them from being a weapon against us. 

Traditional sets- We'll still line up in our usual 3 WR/1 TE set about 20% of the game, but this will be more of a change of pace if we're running some hurry up stuff trying to get down the field in a hurry. Like mentioned before, our pre-snap motion should get us some open looks as well as giving Ryan an early look at the defense.

Defense 
Going against Brady was hard 20 years ago, and it seems the matchup only gets tougher. We know we need to attack him with multiple disguised coverages and try to get pressure in his face to disrupt his timing, so that's our plan here today.

Rotate coverages- Our biggest goal here today is to give Brady NOTHING pre snap. That's when he dissects teams. We'll operate everything from the guise of a cover 2 base today, but we'll use our standard cover 1 with a robber, a press-bail cover 3 look and some standard cover 2 mixed with some Tampa 2. All these looks can be played from the Cover 2 look pre-snap so we aren't giving Brady anything easy. With Allen and Waller out, no one is playing any particular assignments in this one so it allows us to be flexible today.

Get pressure in Brady's face- We know our edge players are going to get some pressure, but we want to make Brady uncomfortable stepping up into the pocket. We'll use Osa more in this game to give us a bit more playmaking ability inside, but more importantly we've got to use blitzes and stunts into the middle of this OL to get after Brady. Darius Leonard will be utilized on some inside blitzes, our safeties playing the robber role will come after Brady up the middle from time to time and we'll stunt Ngakoue and Allen inside as well. Whatever we can do to cause chaos in this game, we have to try it.

Contain the run- As always with teams run by SirA, his stable of RB's is impressive. There's always a chance Sing Sing goes run heavy to start the game and we can counter that by putting in an extra DT in Yannick and Osa's spot on short yardage situations. If they go heavy run or two TE or heavy sets yadda yadda we'll bring in another LB and play a traditional 4-3 or Amani Hooker to give us a hybrid nickel type player with the ability to get down in the box but still have some TE coverage ability as well.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

****. Well, that's awful.

Kind of a ****ty thing to dock you for since he isn’t injured and it was unexpected. Kind of like the Rags and Stokes thing earlier in the year I think week 9. But at the end of the day he didn’t play so I don’t know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Kind of a ****ty thing to dock you for since he isn’t injured and it was unexpected. Kind of like the Rags and Stokes thing earlier in the year I think week 9. But at the end of the day he didn’t play so I don’t know.

He's out and it sucks, quite a bit more for him than me. I'm not super worried about my next few guys up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mean for me, next man, up not even that big of a deal. It's unfortunate but at the same time, the competition this week makes this blow a bit softer. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I mean for me, next man, up not even that big of a deal. It's unfortunate but at the same time, the competition this week makes this blow a bit softer. 

You really dislike my team don't you.  I figured I would never get your vote so wasn't counting on it.

42 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You really dislike my team don't you.  I figured I would never get your vote so wasn't counting on it.

No, I really don't. I'm just saying that I don't think Sneed is the ultimate determining factor.

I haven't decided what team I was voting on yet. I've not yet read through all of the gameplans. I do not make predetermined decisions 

On 12/12/2021 at 1:21 PM, Whicker said:

Motivation: We've never done a 'motivation' section before, but this week after matchups were announced we were told by another owner that we not only didn't deserve the coaching accolades we won for our game plans last year, but we also don't deserve our current playoff spot. And you know what? No one really pushed back so it seems that we're pretty large underdogs coming into this thing and that can help us.

This one was tough. However, this is a team that was hungry to win this game at home. The other teams owner was talking about how his team wasn’t going to be in the playoffs a couple weeks back. Sounding all doom and gloom. I get that it’s Brady and while I do like some of the young receivers for Singapore he doesn’t have the same level of receiving threats in this game as he does in Tampa. Kareem Hunt was the wrong start. At least CEH’s return looks more promising and splitting him primarily with Hunt was smart. Snead is out but Hughes has played well for KC when called upon especially in Sneads absence and I think he can match up well in this one. Donald will get his chances to eat and will greatly impact this game. Ryan has much better receivers in this one than he does in real life. Ryan is making Russell Gage look like a good receiver. Kupp and Evans will be a tough task in this one. Jedrick Wills has struggled this season and will get worked by the Camden pass rush. I like the two back from Camden and the attacking the edges. As I said Donald can still wreck those plays from the inside but I see Camden having just enough success there on the edges to help Ryan and the passing game out. With the misdirection as well it will help slow down some of the aggressiveness of a very good front. With Camden going heavy run and play action off of it will open up things for their passing game. Camden has a lot to prove in front of their home crowd and I believe they have the fire and desire to make up the difference in a close one that is probably 3 points or fewer score differential when the final whistle blows.

Non related to the outcome of this game I have enjoyed this nugget that seems to pop up every week in the Singapore gameplan. Pretty sure this award is wrapped up but campaign away!

Oweh continues his campaign for Defensive Rookie of the Year 

Singapore made a lot of errors here.  Saying Mooney is a number one is pretty LOL.  He has as many games under 40 yards as over it.  I'm also unsure how the cover three is a unique design, but to each their own.  Regardless you're playing Matt Ryan who has questionable at best deep ball abilities at this stage of his career so why you are trying to stop deep passes with a great pass rush is interesting.  I get wanting to ride Brady but you got a team on the other side where you got two guys (yannick, tranquill) are absoulete liabilities against the run (not that you know osa was gonna start whose a third so i can't blame you on that)

On the opposite side, its hard to play a cover three off a 4 wide man look, especially if they use trips.  Gonna instantly lead the slant open on the opposite side of the trips for a quick hitter..   You also list three WR as starters but then say you're not using that the majority of the game which is confusing.  I think the pro formation can work although it hurts that Harris isn't much of a receiver as he'd have some success against Bentley/Kirksey athletically anyhow.  Kupp is gonna go nuts in man against King who has just looked abysmal this year.

I think Camden has success with harris pitches to the TE side when that is the play call.  Both teams are forcing the other to dink and dunk their way down the field.  Singapore has the better front  four and qb but I can't find another spot where I like their guys better than Camden.  Brady keeps it close but it isn't enough on the road as I see Camden able to dink and dunk their ways to just enough successful drives.  Camden 24-21