BDL 2021 Quarterfinal Round - #5 Singapore Sentinels @ #4 Camden Hood Rats

Whicker

Singapore Sentinels @ Camden Hood Rats  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2021 at 05:00 AM

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

You also list three WR as starters but then say you're not using that the majority of the game which is confusing.

Yea, you're confused. I can see where it got weird. I'm running 3 WR's in the pro set with no TE most of the game. 3 WR w/ 1 TE for a slight portion of it.

Edited by Jlash

So, Singapore has a really good QB and two really good DTs.

First of all, Reports from Sinapore suggested this week that players seemed really flat, at one point their owner stated this team wouldn't even make the playoffs, so apparently week 12 was their Bizzbowl?  I guess a team that doesn't believe in themselves probably does lack motivation.

On the other hand if I was told I didn't deserve to be in the playoffs you'd bet your *** I'd do everything in my power to win my game. There is no match for that level of bulletin board material because make no mistake about it, Camden earned every win they got.

I think Camden played this one as good as they possibly could with keeping Singapore in a Nickel Defense. And while I understand Singapore said they're not going to completely abandon the run game, it also suggests they're not going to make it a big part of their gameplan.

Defensively I think Both of these teams are going to give up a couple sacks and I think both defenses are going to make plays up front. Mike Hughes stepped up this week and I think he fills in just fine for Sneed.

Camden has come in here with a balanced, methodical attack that I think is just flat out better than that of Singapore offensively. Singapore made a huge mistake when they traded away Tyler Lockett earlier in the season and in this one, with some key injuries and a mediocre run game, I just don't think they've got enough juice to pull through.

35-17 Camden

This is another very interesting game. I think 95% of QB have trouble without their top two and having to replace Allen & Waller is a reality which eliminates team in this league.

I’m not discrediting Tom Brady in any event. This is a tough matchup but I could see Hunt doing respectable and I can see Mooney doing well in this game. Hard to see Hunt having ridiculous success, but Brady elevates everyone’s 4th quarter.

Conversely, I think Camden can score points. Ryan is fully functional or leading his teams to points while having an insta rapport with Kupp.

I see more a defensive struggle here bc Singapore’s pass rush can take over games and Donald was a monster last week.

Ultimately, in an even and lowscoring affair, I think Brady navigates from a 14-0 or 16-3 type of deficit before leading a 2 minute drive where in the midst of injury concern his final drive leads to a close victory for the road team. 23-16, or 21-20

On 12/14/2021 at 12:31 AM, SirA1 said:

Not that anyone knows who Brian Allen is but he was out tonight.

Packers C Lucas Patrick is next man up.

You mean big deal first NFL Covid case broken by Jay Glazer Brian Allen? That guy?

In all seriousness I think the lack of weapons for Singapore is a bit offset by Matt Ryan being the starter for Camden. So I think these teams are fairly evenly matched talent wise. At the end of the day I think Camden just out gameplanned Singapore here by doing some more creative things and putting his guys in positions to succeed.

• Like 1

I'll admit, I loved the motivational comments from Jlash. Immediately made me think of the beastquake game way back when Seattle upset that Saints team in 2010 that were defending champs. Not that Singapore would overlook Camden necessarily, but I do think that historically there is that chip on the shoulder that gives you the extra push.

In terms of the matchup - Singapore comes in with the greatest player of all time and a player who may well go down as the greatest defensive player of all time. But I'm not sure about the rest of the offense around Brady - nobody has done more in their career, including more with less, than Brady has. But at 44 it's a different proposition and the losses of Allen and Waller, two guys who Brady would thrive with in the BDL, are massive. Love Gabe Davis, and the other offensive players can all do a job, but that's a poor group for BDL standards. The Sneed inactive obviously hurts here, but Camden's got a very good safety duo and the backup CBs while nothing special, probably don't get abused by the remaining Singapore WRs. The run game I think ends up pretty neutral here. 

On the other side, having a veteran QB like Ryan behind a quality OL is a huge advantage when facing a pass-rush like Singapore's. Does it hold up all game? No, but I think Ryan can stay upright enough to use his weapons. The problem is Ryan seems to have regressed too and is pretty borderline when it comes to being a start in the BDL. But he's in almost the opposite position to Brady in this matchup in that he's got a healthier (sans Brown) group of WRs to work with. I'll admit, I'd have preferred to see more 3 WR 1 TE than the split back sets - a reliable target like Ertz in a playoff game is gold. 

I think this ends up on the defensive struggle side of things. I think both teams have game-planned very well, in particular on the defensive side of the ball. I just think that despite having Brady, Camden probably has a few more arrows in their quiver to mix things up when struggling and pinch a tight win. 

Camden 16 - 13