⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm aware but you'd rather have a top 5 edge group and pay them. The broncos did it for a while. Neither will be top of the market deals. I think you can get away with 15-18 mil each for both of them.

Oh don't get me wrong I 100% agree with you I'm just saying there are reasons to not do it also. Like if I was the GM I will keep all three defense of ends and keep two of the defensive tackles And figure the rest out later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacobs has really lost me with today's performance. That fumble was unacceptable. And the smile afterward was sickening.

Jacobs is not as nice as people think. This dude’s best friends on the team have been Antonio Brown and Henry Ruggs III, and he has said nothing about the victim of Ruggs and constantly defends Ruggs like it was no big deal. 

People claim Jacobs is a high character guy just because of his homeless story. He is, in fact, a low character guy. 

• Like 1

When he was coming out, I wasn't a big fan of him as a first round pick because I didn't think he was the first round talent or had he proven that he was someone who could carry the load. But his first two years he was ballin so I didn't say anything. Have a lack of talent is really starting to show.

I personally wanted Miles Sanders who I thought was more talented than him and went in the second round

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jacobs is not as nice as people think. This dude’s best friends on the team have been Antonio Brown and Henry Ruggs III, and he has said nothing about the victim of Ruggs and constantly defends Ruggs like it was no big deal. 

People claim Jacobs is a high character guy just because of his homeless story. He is, in fact, a low character guy. 

He's really starting to rub me the wrong way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's really starting to rub me the wrong way.

Has rubbed me the wrong way since I learned he was AB’s bestie and always at his house, and also never plays through injury, which at the end of the day is a player/coach combined decision not just coach. 

Anyone who thinks AB is a cool person to hang out with, in all likelihood, has a bad character themselves. 

Of course I get these opinions before anyone before they are popular and get yelled at on here. But the fact of the matter is I just speak the truth and fans are blind with bias until it’s beyond obvious. 

• Like 1

With a new GM and HC coming in no one is safe. Its the O-Line that needs a complete revamp. Kolton Miller will be back. Not one other guy will be guaranteed a starting spot. With Tom Cable hopefully out the door guys like Andre James and Alex Leatherwood will be in camp battles. Whoever gets the job fixing this Oline is top priority. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Has rubbed me the wrong way since I learned he was AB’s bestie and always at his house, and also never plays through injury, which at the end of the day is a player/coach combined decision not just coach. 

Anyone who thinks AB is a cool person to hang out with, in all likelihood, has a bad character themselves. 

Of course I get these opinions before anyone before they are popular and get yelled at on here. But the fact of the matter is I just speak the truth and fans are blind with bias until it’s beyond obvious. 

One of those I can let go, but cmon man. I know the OL sucks but he just hasn’t been as good this year. 

Restart definitely needed.  Have to come up with an identity.  

Defense

I want us to go for a 3-4 under cover 2 defense, with a lot of blitz and disguised coverages. Get a big dirty Nose tackle to help us on running situations.  Some big disruptive 3tecs/5tecs.  Need bigger guys down the middle, get some modern fast LBs and a safety to partner Moehrig that can actually cover and play both ways.

Crosby, Moehrig and Hobbs only guys to build around. Mullen is on the fringes. Devine Deablo, Koonce and Gillespie I want to see more playing time.

I really want a New England, Ravens or Steelers style defense.  We won't be the best offense in the division so let's be the best defense.

Offensively

I don't know what I want from the offense outside a run game that can actually work and be able to use RPOs to create big plays. Just be a bit more aggressive overall.

I'd be looking to trade Carr and Waller for the rebuild. 

Kolton Miller and Hunter Renfrow only guys I want to really build around.   Edwards I think could be really decent on slants in the rpo game.  Leatherwood could develop, Foster is a decent TE 2.   Rest I'm really not that fussed about. 

• Like 1

Players we should keep: Miller, Waller, Renfrow, Good, Crosby, Yannick, Moehrig, Hobbs (not including the special teams core who've been extended)

Players I'd like back but no biggie if not: Ingold, Edwards, Mullen, Nassib, Perryman, Thomas, Heyward (will go to a contender in FA, otherwise I'd do my best to keep him), Deablo, Koonce

Purge the rest.

Edited by Dodo

13 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Restart definitely needed.  Have to come up with an identity.  

Defense

I want us to go for a 3-4 under cover 2 defense, with a lot of blitz and disguised coverages. Get a big dirty Nose tackle to help us on running situations.  Some big disruptive 3tecs/5tecs.  Need bigger guys down the middle, get some modern fast LBs and a safety to partner Moehrig that can actually cover and play both ways.

Crosby, Moehrig and Hobbs only guys to build around. Mullen is on the fringes. Devine Deablo, Koonce and Gillespie I want to see more playing time.

I really want a New England, Ravens or Steelers style defense.  We won't be the best offense in the division so let's be the best defense.

Offensively

I don't know what I want from the offense outside a run game that can actually work and be able to use RPOs to create big plays. Just be a bit more aggressive overall.

I'd be looking to trade Carr and Waller for the rebuild. 

Kolton Miller and Hunter Renfrow only guys I want to really build around.   Edwards I think could be really decent on slants in the rpo game.  Leatherwood could develop, Foster is a decent TE 2.   Rest I'm really not that fussed about. 

I like where your head is at defensively. All three of those defenses have survived wholesale roster changes over time yet always field a top 10 unit. 

Its tough to imagine us being the best offensive team in the division but we damn sure can field the best D. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. 

I hated the pick from a value standpoint. One of my good friends is a Bama fan and he felt so bad for me when Jacobs was the pick (I literally spent that draft saying "Watch, it's gonna be him."

I wasn't a fan of his game. 

It didn't take long for him to bug me for all of the reasons that had nothing to do with his play on the field. 

Now both leave a lot to be desired, and I cannot wait tor the waste of roster space and touches and, well, breathable air, to be gone. 

If we never draft another 1st rounder from Alabama, it will be too soon. I know some good guys come out of there, they just literally never wind up being the one we pick.