⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kolt has been getting worked lately also 

Kolton got cooked at the end of the Giants and Bengals games too which resulted in Carr fumbling the ball. Our lack of balance offensively and inability to run the ball has allowed defensive lines to just pin their ears back and come down hill at us every single play.

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

HIs problem is that he believes he can just plug and play players where ever he wants if they meet the measurables.  

Bingo. Us being able to plug in random guys at times in the past worked out okay because they were next to guys like Gabe, Rodney, Incognito, Trent, etc. Trying to plug and play Simpson, James, Leatherwood, and Parker together has been a disaster.

With the exception of Mr. Leatherwood alone by default of just being taken,  Ferrell, Jacobs, and Abram could (should) all be gone next year, making us officially the worst drafting team in the league. 

7 first round picks in 4 seasons and 1 is verifiably worth keeping and actually plays the position he was drafted for. 

1 is going to prison.

1 is probably heading that way in Miami.

1 Is a deep reserve backup. 

1 is among the worst at his position in the league and always hurting himself or teammates.

1 is among the least effective at his position across the league and always hurt. 

1 is struggling to adequately play the "easy" position after being drafted to start at the "harder" position and draws more flags than he maintains blocks. 

What a freaking pathetic half decade Gruden and Mayock gave us after taking over a team arguably on the rise and then amassing a ton of picks that should have set us up nicely.

Even if we weren't going to "completely clean house".....at least 5 of those 7 first rounders would likely be on their way out anyway. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

With the exception of Mr. Leatherwood alone by default of just being taken,  Ferrell, Jacobs, and Abram could (should) all be gone next year, making us officially the worst drafting team in the league. 

7 first round picks in 4 seasons and 1 is verifiably worth keeping and actually plays the position he was drafted for. 

1 is going to prison.

1 is probably heading that way in Miami.

1 Is a deep reserve backup. 

1 is among the worst at his position in the league and always hurting himself or teammates.

1 is among the least effective at his position across the league and always hurt. 

1 is struggling to adequately play the "easy" position after being drafted to start at the "harder" position and draws more flags than he maintains blocks. 

What a freaking pathetic half decade Gruden and Mayock gave us after taking over a team arguably on the rise and then amassing a ton of picks that should have set us up nicely.

Even if we weren't going to "completely clean house".....at least 5 of those 7 first rounders would likely be on their way out anyway. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Carr's fault 

On 12/21/2021 at 9:27 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Unfortunately we'd be taking on like $15M in dead cap if we moved on from all 3. But we are definitely the worst drafting team in the league by a country mile. And the sad part is that everyone more or less knew as soon as most of our picks were made that they wouldn't pan out. I've seen some of the media guys who cover the team make a case for Mayock being retained so we can see what he's capable of without Gruden, yeah, no thanks. It's easy to say Gruden had the final say but at the end of the day Mayock still played a major role in all of our draft selections and player personnel decisions and we fumbled away so many premium draft picks. 

The sad part though is I just genuinely don't see Mark moving on from him and will allow him to pick the next head coach.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Unfortunately we'd be taking on like $15M in dead cap if we moved on from all 3. But we are definitely the worst drafting team in the league by a country mile. And the sad part is that everyone more or less knew as soon as most of our picks were made that they wouldn't pan out. I've seen some of the media guys who cover the team make a case for Mayock being retained so we can see what he's capable of without Gruden, yeah, no thanks. It's easy to say Gruden had the final say but at the end of the day Mayock still played a major role in all of our draft selections and player personnel decisions and we fumbled away so many premium draft picks. 

The sad part though is I just genuinely don't see Mark moving on from him and will allow him to pick the next head coach.  

Yep, Mayock won't be missed. He's had an opportunity since Gruden got canned to show what he's about. Nothing done has impressed me. Why bother hoping he's less incompetent at the point where we could be set back even further? Oust his ***. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep, Mayock won't be missed. He's had an opportunity since Gruden got canned to show what he's about. Nothing done has impressed me. Why bother hoping he's less incompetent at the point where we could be set back even further? Oust his ***. 

While I agree, he won't be missed. What did you want to see him to do in season to show what he's about? Not a lot he can do in season aside from manage the roster. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

While I agree, he won't be missed. What did you want to see him to do in season to show what he's about? Not a lot he can do in season aside from manage the roster. 

That. He wasn't particularly good at doing that either. 

He's had several times he could've made an impression (Gruden's canning, Ruggs killing someone, Arnette being a Class A moron, etc.

IMO, he failed to take the reigns. From the minute Gruden was gone, this was Mayock's regime, if he wanted it. Mark is a doof. Rich was an interim. Mayock had the golden opportunity to step up big and make his mark on the franchise, really rally up goodwill, and show that he's got the goods to turn this ship around. He just hasn't done so. 

Now, I understand that there's only so much he could have done to fundamentally alter the course of the season. I don't hold that against him entirely. But you absolutely have to take your shot and run with it with whatever opportunity you get, regardless of how limited a shot that may be. 

Instead of asserting himself as the head honcho we need in a GM, I've come away feeling like his abilities consist of being Gruden's apologist and a proxy PR guy to defend the objectively bad moves made over the last few seasons. 

He, in my opinion, hasn't done anything to indicate that he's fighting hard to keep his job going forward. He's just sort of gone through the motions to get to the end of the year. While I get that it was a tough year all around, you've got to offer more as a GM. You can't just coast along in neutral in the situation he found himself in and expect anyone to want you around.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:34 AM, NYRaider said:

Bingo. Us being able to plug in random guys at times in the past worked out okay because they were next to guys like Gabe, Rodney, Incognito, Trent, etc. Trying to plug and play Simpson, James, Leatherwood, and Parker together has been a disaster.

That's Mr. Leatherwood to you

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He could have maybe pursued OBJ who has been tearing it up with the Rams instead of 40 year old DJaxx has done Jaxx Ish for us.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mark Davis to me is like the anti-Al Davis. Al was known for being a trailblazer that never played it safe and took chances on players that most other teams wouldn't touch. I mean he bought the Raiders for like $10,000 and then built them into a multi billion dollar, global brand. That's one of Mark's biggest issues, imo. The vast majority of owners in the NFL were extremely successful in other fields and have built some of the biggest and most profitable companies in the world. That's how they had the funds to purchase an NFL team to begin with. Mark is just an owner because he's a trust fund baby but has never had to grind or build anything his entire life so he has no idea what it takes to build a winner or a winning culture. 

I personally think that Mark will retain Mayock this off-season out of fear.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It was Mayock's fault Carr crapped the bed against the Bears, Giants, and WFT.

I’ll give you the Giants and maybe the WFT but home many drops did we have vs the Bears? Also the whole team came out flat. Ruggs killed someone the week of the Giants game, if you didn’t remember.