⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh had over 1,300 APY his first two seasons and is 4 yards away from another 1,000 yard season. He's currently at 680 rushing yards so he could finish with around 900 this season despite our horrific run blocking.

Availability is your greatest ability 

Weird cause drake and the other rb do better than josh behind the same oline 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes, sending away Hudson, Brown, and Jackson but keeping Richie were all great moves. Our run game is 28th in the NFL and Carr has been sacked 35 times, 5th most in the NFL. Great work.

Your talking about injuries now, not the coaching.

Cable has done an incredible job with this line. They keep getting better every game.

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe but did he pick the right players to do it? Like we were much better off trading up for a better OL than leatherwood.

I see the allure of Laetherwood being only 22 years old and super athletic but he should have waited a few games before starting. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is definitely not a rumor your heard on Reddit.

No he's known to milk injuries ( T Brown like)

He missed 6 games this year and started another 6 and give up 5 sacks. How is that good?

Edited by Bitty 2.0

5 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No he's known to milk injuries ( T Brown like)

He missed 6 games this year and started another 6 and give up 5 sacks. How is that good?

No, he is not known to milk injuries; you made that up. From what I have seen, he has been solid. Not all "sacks allowed" are created equal.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Availability is your greatest ability 

Weird cause drake and the other rb do better than josh behind the same oline 

An interesting thought: we draft Josh Jacobs in the first round who’s 5’9 225 and 4.6 40 567 284 640 yards college season 

A year later the Colts draft Jonathan Taylor in the second round who’s 5’10 226 and 4.3 40 and 1977 2194 2004 yards college seasons

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

An interesting thought: we draft Josh Jacobs in the first round who’s 5’9 225 and 4.6 40 567 284 640 yards college season 

A year later the Colts draft Jonathan Taylor in the second round who’s 5’10 226 and 4.3 40 and 1977 2194 2004 yards college seasons

What's interesting about this? Each player went in different drafts and were drafted under different circumstances. They more or less went in the same value range (late first, early second). And, most importantly, both teams got good players.

And, both player profiles have succeeded and failed in the NFL.

The amount of hate Jacobs is getting this year exemplifies one of worst parts about this fanbase. Jacobs has been good to great most of the time he's been a Raider. He has a few tough weeks and all that goes out the window. It's like you guys have zero object permanence.

It was the same with Carr, Cooper, and now Jacobs. You all really deserve hovering between 0 and 4 wins for a few years.

37 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What's interesting about this? Each player went in different drafts and were drafted under different circumstances. They more or less went in the same value range (late first, early second). And, most importantly, both teams got good players.

The amount of hate Jacobs is getting this year exemplifies one of worst parts about this fanbase. Jacobs has been good to great most of the time he's been a Raider. He has a few tough weeks and all that goes out the window. It's like you guys have zero object permanence.

It was the same with Carr, Cooper, and now Jacobs. You all really deserve hovering between 0 and 4 wins for a few years.

I was speaking more about the fact that different teams see different running backs differently. Lol 

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I was speaking more about the fact that different teams see different running backs differently. Lol 

I don't think comparing the two says that. And it's not like the Colts valued Taylor super highly, they picked Michael Pittman ahead of Taylor in the second round.

What it says is that there are many different skillsets that result into a productive runningback. Jacobs' vision, burst, balance, and power allowed him to have immediate success, albeit a lower overall upside than Taylor. Taylor was more raw, he didn't have the vision or lateral agility to be as good as Jacobs was in his first year. Same could be said for Henry, who similarly did not see immediate success in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

No, he is not known to milk injuries; you made that up. From what I have seen, he has been solid. Not all "sacks allowed" are created equal.

I guess when the coach told the media in training camp he was talking about some other player. 

He only played 500 snaps how much did you actually see him? I'm betting none.

By the way he's playing LT not RT.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Your talking about injuries now, not the coaching.

Cable has done an incredible job with this line. They keep getting better every game.

The Good injury can not be blamed on Cable but the Incognito can.  I kept saying it all off season that relying on:

a 38 year old LG coming off of an Achilles injury,

a rookie RT that has never played RT,

and a letting Hudson go while starting an unknown 

was taking to much of a chance and that we would be an injury away from having a horrible o-line.  I also said I believe James would be good eventually but having Hudson in the beginning of the year would be the smart move since they would cost the same.  I said Leatherwood was going to struggle and have to move inside with Good taking over at RT.  Unfortunately Good was the unknown injury and we got stuck with Parker back at RT where he should never have played but Cable's stubbornness keeps him there.  I am not a good judge of talent on the o-line but this is the scenario that I said was obvious in the off-season and this is what Cable wanted because he thinks he is able to do anything.  He is a good coach but should not have this much control over personnel which is why I have said he is a net negative to this team.  I can go back to 2018 and go over why I have called out where the o-line is going to have problems that Cable and Gruden have ignored.  It is not difficult because the issues are glaring.  Cable believes that if the player has the required measurements and athleticism he can teach them.  The intangible he is missing is the mind muscle connection to be able to mirror movements and change sides.  That is why his first non draft decision was to take a 12 year vet LT that had just made the pro bowl in 2016 and 2017 and move him to RT where he had never played.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I still like his game a lot. He slumped a bit this year but no one can deny the blocking has been god awful. He has gorgeous footwork, good burst, and is pretty powerful.