Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

This has all been a ruse for Josh Gordon and Roger Goodell to bet 10s of millions of dollars on him getting reinstated this time with the odds being 1000's to 1. You laugh today but by this time next week Josh will own half of Vegas and be the world's richest man.

Do the moderators ever enforce the rules of this forum?

The NFL news forum is different than other forums.  A long time ago we created the NFL news forum to give members one place for in-depth NFL news discussion.  It's not a place for jokes and memes.  It's not a place for off-topic comments.   In addition to the regular forum rules, the following guidelines must be followed when posting in the NFL news forum.

Guidelines for submitting a reply: 

• Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics.  Don't post jokes and memes.

1 hour ago, aussie_eagle said:

I thought marijuana wasn't addictive?

anything can be addictive, whomever you heard that from is a silly goose, besides his issues went beyond the devil's lettuce

I hope he gets reinstated, the NFL is better with him playing.

10 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Do the moderators ever enforce the rules of this forum?

The NFL news forum is different than other forums.  A long time ago we created the NFL news forum to give members one place for in-depth NFL news discussion.  It's not a place for jokes and memes.  It's not a place for off-topic comments.   In addition to the regular forum rules, the following guidelines must be followed when posting in the NFL news forum.

Guidelines for submitting a reply: 

• Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics.  Don't post jokes and memes.

Is it really that big of a deal?  Enforce the rules or not, doesn't matter to me, but I really don't see a problem.

Chad Johnson thinks you jokers have no idea what you're talking about.

If any of you actually took the time to learn about what you think is funny, you'd know that this young man has spent a lot of time trying to repair his life after substance abuse took hold of it and led him down a dark path.  You'd know he's been working harder than he's ever worked to get in football shape.  You'd know that he's been trying to become a good father to his child.  You'd know he's been on a mission to meet the terms of his reinstatement, and to get back in the NFL and become what he allowed his addiction to nearly take away from him.

If you care to learn all that instead of making jokes at his expense, watch this and hear it from the man himself.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/jg-josh-gordon

That is no guarantee that he won't relapse and be out of the league forever, but it is an acknowledgement that he knows he screwed it all up and it's his last chance to make something of himself in the league.  A dream he has always had, and a destiny he's set to fulfill if he can fight the demon that have kept him off the field for years.  A demon that every addict knows is always there.  I wish him well, and I hope all of the people who think it's funny to make jokes at his expense can see this interview and hope the best for him too.

I'd be surprised if we hear any news from the league office today.  Most of these reinstatement stories get released by the league on a Friday, but in the age of twitter and leaks, I hope we hear something because it's been a rough 24 hours to be a Browns fan.  As if that isn't rough enough.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Chad Johnson thinks you jokers have no idea what you're talking about.

If any of you actually took the time to learn about what you think is funny, you'd know that this young man has spent a lot of time trying to repair his life after substance abuse took hold of it and led him down a dark path.  You'd know he's been working harder than he's ever worked to get in football shape.  You'd know that he's been trying to become a good father to his child.  You'd know he's been on a mission to meet the terms of his reinstatement, and to get back in the NFL and become what he allowed his addiction to nearly take away from him.

If you care to learn all that instead of making jokes at his expense, watch this and hear it from the man himself.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/jg-josh-gordon

That is no guarantee that he won't relapse and be out of the league forever, but it is an acknowledgement that he knows he screwed it all up and it's his last chance to make something of himself in the league.  A dream he has always had, and a destiny he's set to fulfill if he can fight the demon that have kept him off the field for years.  A demon that every addict knows is always there.  I wish him well, and I hope all of the people who think it's funny to make jokes at his expense can see this interview and hope the best for him too.

I'd be surprised if we hear any news from the league office today.  Most of these reinstatement stories get released by the league on a Friday, but in the age of twitter and leaks, I hope we hear something because it's been a rough 24 hours to be a Browns fan.  As if that isn't rough enough.

We've heard all of this before. No one buys it this time.

Archived