Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

If someone told you we would be 7-6 after the Cardinals disaster, I don't think anyone would be complaining about that....As bad as the Seahawks loss was, we still won two of the three games we needed to during that stretch and are in great position to make the playoffs. But, that can change a loss this week to the Falcons.

Offensively, it would be great to get the run game going without having to rely on Deebo generating all the explosive plays. I'm interested in seeing if Mitchell goes today or they hold him off until next Thursday for the Titans game. Speaking of Deebo, time to get him involved in the passing game again. Jimmy just loves shutting out one of our top three weapons lol. First it was Aiyuk, then Kittle and now Deebo. All three just cannot get it going at the same time, even when Jimmy throws for over 40 times. The Falcons defense as of late haven't been too terrible. Even against the Bucs they were making it fairly tough at times and coming away with turnovers...That's something they have done a good job as of late. A.J. Terrell has been lockdown all season long not allowing over 35 yards in any game this season. That's just insane and I don't expect him to get targeted much this week either. Though, Jimmy never really cares how good the corner is as he will force it to whoever he predetermines before the snap lol. Ramsey is covering Jennings? No problem! The Falcons have two pick sixes in the last two games so Jimmy has to be careful and needs to play a sound game. The Falcons only have like 16 sacks for the season so I'm hoping Brunskill/Compton look somewhat adequate this week in pass protection...If not? Then yeah, we have a major problem there and another change or two may need to be made. 

Defensively, we have to obviously account for Patterson and can't let him get loose. He is the Falcons version of Deebo and has been a great weapon all season long. Pitts is having a rock solid season as well but I think we should be fine with Warner and our safeties handling him. Gage is another solid WR but I don't see Ryans calling as much two man or cover two this week. Back to playing a lot of single high and Johnson will be starting at LCB over Thomas. I mean Johnson is pretty bad as we know so the Falcons will have some opportunities there but what can you do? Our run defense since Armstead got moved inside has been one of the best in the league. If we can make the Falcons one dimensional and let Bosa and the crew hunt? We should be just fine.

On paper, this looks like a mismatch but the Falcons keep pulling out close games and have been very opportunistic on defense as of late. Coming back from Cincy, you know some weird things are bound to happen again....I think we win but never really separate from the Falcons until the end.

SF 27

ATL 17

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We make a trade for Gilmore, and I legitimately think we are a SB contender....Damn shame! 

We can still sign him in the offseason though! 

I was thinking about this the last 24 hours. Would sure be nice right about now. 

Oh well. As BY once said "Let's cook that dirty bird." 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why not. We had corner after corner to spare lol 

lol, weird flex Detroit, but ok. Gareon Conley must have lost both of his legs in the offseason or got cut in half or something. I thought he was fairly decent when healthy previously. Maybe he just doesn't want to play anymore. 

aScoGm7.gif?noredirect

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

If someone told you we would be 7-6 after the Cardinals disaster, I don't think anyone would be complaining about that....As bad as the Seahawks loss was, we still won two of the three games we needed to during that stretch and are in great position to make the playoffs. But, that can change a loss this week to the Falcons.

Offensively, it would be great to get the run game going without having to rely on Deebo generating all the explosive plays. I'm interested in seeing if Mitchell goes today or they hold him off until next Thursday for the Titans game. Speaking of Deebo, time to get him involved in the passing game again. Jimmy just loves shutting out one of our top three weapons lol. First it was Aiyuk, then Kittle and now Deebo. All three just cannot get it going at the same time, even when Jimmy throws for over 40 times. The Falcons defense as of late haven't been too terrible. Even against the Bucs they were making it fairly tough at times and coming away with turnovers...That's something they have done a good job as of late. A.J. Terrell has been lockdown all season long not allowing over 35 yards in any game this season. That's just insane and I don't expect him to get targeted much this week either. Though, Jimmy never really cares how good the corner is as he will force it to whoever he predetermines before the snap lol. Ramsey is covering Jennings? No problem! The Falcons have two pick sixes in the last two games so Jimmy has to be careful and needs to play a sound game. The Falcons only have like 16 sacks for the season so I'm hoping Brunskill/Compton look somewhat adequate this week in pass protection...If not? Then yeah, we have a major problem there and another change or two may need to be made. 

Defensively, we have to obviously account for Patterson and can't let him get loose. He is the Falcons version of Deebo and has been a great weapon all season long. Pitts is having a rock solid season as well but I think we should be fine with Warner and our safeties handling him. Gage is another solid WR but I don't see Ryans calling as much two man or cover two this week. Back to playing a lot of single high and Johnson will be starting at LCB over Thomas. I mean Johnson is pretty bad as we know so the Falcons will have some opportunities there but what can you do? Our run defense since Armstead got moved inside has been one of the best in the league. If we can make the Falcons one dimensional and let Bosa and the crew hunt? We should be just fine.

On paper, this looks like a mismatch but the Falcons keep pulling out close games and have been very opportunistic on defense as of late. Coming back from Cincy, you know some weird things are bound to happen again....I think we win but never really separate from the Falcons until the end.

SF 27

ATL 17

Speaking of AA, should we just leave him inside going into next year as well?

Anyways, ATL seems to always play us pretty well. 

28-19, US.