BYE WEEK GDT - discussion

JDLefebvre

our schedule looks very favorable right after the bye

Indy, tenn and GB

tenn and GB being home primetime games where the atmosphere should be crazy at Heinz field.. would be nice to go 3-0 in that span just in case we run into some trouble playing cin, Bal, Ne and Hou

I figured I'd take this time to go over the remaining schedule of the Steelers AND the probable Playoff teams and see where we fall.

Week 9) Bye

Week 10)  Colts  Win 7-2

Week 11)  Titans  Loss 7-3

Week 12)  Packers  Win 8-3

Week13)   Bengals  Win  9-3

Week 14)  Ravens  Win 10-3

Week 15)  Pats Loss 10-4

Week 16) Texans  Loss 10-5

Week 17   Browns  Win 11-5

I know nobody likes predicting losses. None of these Wins or Losses are guarantees. In fact, I think sweeping the Ravens and the Bengals will be difficult and they may end up losing one of those games. Fact is, this year we've seen a team that is good enough to beat all the remaining teams and bad enough to lose all the remaining games. So 11-5 seems about right TO ME.  

The Pats: I see them dropping 2 more at the most.  The Bills and the Raiders. That puts them at 12-4. 

The Chiefs: They have 3 Divisional games left and I see them losing 1 of them. Then perhaps another loss this weekend at Dallas? That puts them at 12-4. Hopefully they drop another one some where and hand us the #2 Seed.

The Jags: I see at least 2 more losses this year. IF they win the rest that makes them 11-5. They have the tiebreaker. 

The Titans: See above. Same scenario if we lose to them. 

Conclusion: I see the Steelers as the #3 Seed with a chance to grab the #2. But possibly the 5th depending how the Jags/Titans shake out. The #3 Seed would have us facing the Bills/Titans/Jags and a victory sending us to Arrowhead.  

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Funny story from former Colts Punter McAfee about Troy. NSFW tho (language). I miss Troy.

McAfee has got to be the funniest player to ever play the game. This story is absolutely hilarious. Loved his tweets to AB too. 

As as far as the Michigan St. girls go, I like them more than all the other "hotties", at least they actually look like real people lol. Most the "hotties" tend to be out of touch with reality.

Watson going down with a torn ACL is just horrible. Astros win the World Series so I guess the sports gods had to even the playing field. So now let's look at our remaining schedule after the bye:

@ Colts (2-6) - No Luck

vs Titans (4-3)

vs Packers (4-3) - No Rodgers

@ Bengals (3-4)

vs Ravens (4-4)

vs Patriots (6-2)

@ Texans (3-4) - No Watson or Watt

vs Browns (0-8)

Honestly anything worst than 11-5 is unacceptable in my eyes right now barring key injuries, 12-4 is pretty realistic. Only thing concerning is we have the tendency of playing down to our opponents.

1 minute ago, Neumatic said:

Honestly anything worst than 11-5 is unacceptable in my eyes right now barring key injuries, 12-4 is pretty realistic. Only thing concerning is we have the tendency of playing down to our opponents.

Which should get them the #2 Seed. Amazing what a difference an injury to one out of Division player can make. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@Chieferific you may need to rethink that Houston prediction. Watson just tore his ACL in practice. We'll be facing Tom Savage.

Damn that is awful news for him.  He was having a great rookie season.  Not happy about it but it will definitely help our chances down the stretch.  

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I figured I'd take this time to go over the remaining schedule of the Steelers AND the probable Playoff teams and see where we fall.

Week 9) Bye

Week 10)  Colts  Win 7-2

Week 11)  Titans  Loss 7-3

Week 12)  Packers  Win 8-3

Week13)   Bengals  Win  9-3

Week 14)  Ravens  Win 10-3

Week 15)  Pats Loss 10-4

Week 16) Texans  Loss 10-5

Week 17   Browns  Win 11-5

I know nobody likes predicting losses. None of these Wins or Losses are guarantees. In fact, I think sweeping the Ravens and the Bengals will be difficult and they may end up losing one of those games. Fact is, this year we've seen a team that is good enough to beat all the remaining teams and bad enough to lose all the remaining games. So 11-5 seems about right TO ME.  

The Pats: I see them dropping 2 more at the most.  The Bills and the Raiders. That puts them at 12-4. 

The Chiefs: They have 3 Divisional games left and I see them losing 1 of them. Then perhaps another loss this weekend at Dallas? That puts them at 12-4. Hopefully they drop another one some where and hand us the #2 Seed.

The Jags: I see at least 2 more losses this year. IF they win the rest that makes them 11-5. They have the tiebreaker. 

The Titans: See above. Same scenario if we lose to them. 

Conclusion: I see the Steelers as the #3 Seed with a chance to grab the #2. But possibly the 5th depending how the Jags/Titans shake out. The #3 Seed would have us facing the Bills/Titans/Jags and a victory sending us to Arrowhead.  

Chief, turn that frown upside down.  We're going to run the table - 8-0!  Colts... outta Luck.  Pats...  pfff... please, Brady is a man, he's 40!   Titans.. LeBeau Senior home...seriously?  Texans...  Savage odds man.  Ravens... eat crow, MASH unit.    Packers...  be better off rolling Farve off of his wheelchair / tractor.  Bengals... back to the litter box.  Browns...  a day late and a dollar short.  14-2.  Super Bowl runs through Pittsburgh Baby!!!

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

Chief, turn that frown upside down.  We're going to run the table - 8-0!  Colts... outta Luck.  Pats...  pfff... please, Brady is a man, he's 40!   Titans.. LeBeau Senior home...seriously?  Texans...  Savage odds man.  Ravens... eat crow, MASH unit.    Packers...  be better off rolling Farve off of his wheelchair / tractor.  Bengals... back to the litter box.  Browns...  a day late and a dollar short.  14-2.  Super Bowl runs through Pittsburgh Baby!!!

You make some very good points. Titans and Pats will be tough tho.

Archived