BYE WEEK GDT - discussion

JDLefebvre

11 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Could have been dumb luck but if there is anything I wouldn't doubt, it is Troys instincts in his prime. 

I remember the play he was talking about and went back and found it on my work computer.  McAfee was staring down that gap as he walked to the spot.  That's Troy being brilliant to see McAfee staring at that spot and sliding over there thinking something was up.

15 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So I may be crazy but I think Ben is going to come to life in the second half. I think he’s getting more and more comfortable with JuJu and McDonald. Plus MB to stretch the field. I expect a massive improvement in Ben’s game.

Let's hope so.  Bryant needs to realize every problem he causes, every time his name is in the media his value goes down and it costs him $$$.   He's basically playing for his next contract.  So get it together and be ready for when his opportunity comes.   As far as Ben I think you're right.  He isn't forcing passes to AB like he was earlier on which isn't good for my FFB team but good for the Steelers.  His accuracy still doesn't seem like it's fully there like it was but hopefully the bye week will get him back on track.  

35 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Let's hope so.  Bryant needs to realize every problem he causes, every time his name is in the media his value goes down and it costs him $$$.   He's basically playing for his next contract.  So get it together and be ready for when his opportunity comes.   As far as Ben I think you're right.  He isn't forcing passes to AB like he was earlier on which isn't good for my FFB team but good for the Steelers.  His accuracy still doesn't seem like it's fully there like it was but hopefully the bye week will get him back on track.  

He isn't forcing passes is right, but Brown is still lapping the field in catches and yards.

I think, as I said before, the emergence of JuJu is really helping this team.  He's now another guy that can get open on his own against man coverage.  The issue becomes pick your poison.  Are you going loose bracket on Brown to keep an eye on Juju? Well Brown can beat that.  Are you keeping your safeties in deep zones for Juju and Brown?  Well Bell is going to eat you up, and theoretically James should too.  Dropping a man into the box and trying to bracket Brown?  Well Juju is showing that he has the ability to beat that.

This is where Bryant can make his money and make his presence felt.  If he's in there in 3 WR sets then you really are stuck as a defense.  And on top of that he's got to be catching the ball.  That makes 2 WR's that can beat coverage, and a third who can just run past everyone.  Then we still got the best RB in the NFL for teams to compete with.  That's quite the coverage to have to deal with.

TL;DR:  With Juju playing well we are a top offense.  With Bryant playing well we could be historically great.

7 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Why couldn't Fournette violate team rules before the Steeler game?

Would it have mattered?   Outside of 4 or 5 runs, he was kept in check most of the day.   Half of his yards came on one run at the end of the game when the game was pretty much out of reach.

Our offense making mistakes vs their defense is the reason we lost.   

1 hour ago, trbst11 said:

Weird bye week. Most all the afc teams we need to lose lost. Bengals, ravens, chiefs, bills, broncos, Texans all lost. 

Broncos and Texans arent going anywhere whether they won or not.

Bengals, Ravens and Chiefs are the ones Im really happy about.    

1 minute ago, August4th said:

steelers have only played 3 home games going into week 10 lol

I mean, we have played 8 games.   5 away and 3 home.   Not really all that odd, but we are in damn good position going forward.   2 game lead in the division, 3-0 in the division, 4-1 conference, several starting QBs on upcoming opponents on IR, etc...

Lets hope Tomlin and Haley dont find a way to make the final 8 weeks more interesting than it needs to be.

On 2017-11-01 at 2:59 PM, JDLefebvre said:

Mostly a thread intended to discuss the other games being played this week...  but that works as well.  

want to replace mitchell? Hire Troy as our closer for safety :PHim and Harrison can wait until they are needed than as usual, win the game for us:D

Everyone wants to tell me that Julio Jones is clearly the best receiver in the league yet he lets my fantasy team down week after week.  I understand the thought process of Julio being the best but there is no statistical basis for it at this point.

1 hour ago, grubs10 said:

Everyone wants to tell me that Julio Jones is clearly the best receiver in the league yet he lets my fantasy team down week after week.  I understand the thought process of Julio being the best but there is no statistical basis for it at this point.

Julio had an awful drop in that game against Carolina yesterday.  AB makes that catch 100 out of 100.  

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/video/1089092675597

Archived