2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

With Free Agency 3 days away doing some edits.

Signings:

Richard Sherman

Extensions:

Jimmy Garoppolo

Cassius Marsh

Marquese Goodwin

Departures:

CB:
Trumaine Johnson
Vontae Davis- signed by Buffalo
Prince Amukamara
Jonathan Joseph
Morris Claiborne
Justin Bethel
DeAngelo Hall
Malcolm Butler
Kyle Fuller
And I guess Brent Grimes will be available but does anyone want to deal with Mika?

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald
Alshon Jeffrey- extended by Philly
Terrelle Pryor
Mike Wallace
Sammy Watkins
Jarvis Landry- Tagged and traded to Cle
Michael Floyd

O-Line
Nate Solder(OT)
Luke Joeckel(G)
Greg Robinson(OT)
Shawn Lauvao(G)
Evan Smith(G)
Andre Smith(G)
Jermon Bushrod(G)
Jahri Evans(G)

DE:
Ezekiel Ansah- Tagged
William Hayes
Adrian Clayborn
Julius Peppers
Jared Crick
Alex Okafor

OLB
Nigel Bradham
Tahir Whitehead
Keenan Robinson
Connor Barwin
Paul Posluszny

TE:
Jimmy Graham(I think he would fit Shanny's Offense well)
Antonio Gates
Benjamin Watson

RB:
Darren Sproles
Eddy Lacy
Shane Vareen
Alfred Morris(Shanny connection)

QB(camp body types to push at top backup as well)
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Moore
Scott Tolzein

If Ansah is available, would love to go after him. 

I'm a Claiborne guy so that's a no-brainier for me. Though, he will remind some of Robinson with all his penalties. Wouldn't mind Johnson either, though not sure if the Rams will re-sign him or not..

Butler is where it gets interesting. I have a hard time seeing the Pats paying for him after giving Gilmore that big contract. But it will take a pretty damn big contract to bring him over. Does Lynch believe in paying big bucks for CBs, or rather spend most of the money on the front 7? Luckily for us, not really much to pay the front 7 as they are all on their rookie deals for a few more years.

Demarcus Lawrence is my #1 Free Agent target, i'd offer that guy the moon and make Dallas really sweat to match. 

Malcom Butler I think is worth a big chunk of money too, I dont mind paying undrafted guys. Then whoever is the best interior lineman is we should pay, I wont pretend to know who's better than who for Oline. 

28 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Is there any Center that might be available? That would be one of my #1 FA priorities. And CB, at this point. 

There are a couple of serviceable centers available. Nothing to get super excited, but guys that could come in and be an improvement. Ryan Jensen is having a really nice year for Baltimore the last I heard. I don't know if that is flukey or not, but last I heard, he was performing well. Weston Richburg has never been awful if I understand, though he's not super great. Given how bad the Giant's offensive line is though, I'm probably wary of signing any guy that they are willing to let walk at this point. 

After that though, it's a whole lot of badness. Kilgore may actually be the next best. Bodine is atrocious. Swanson has struggled to keep his job off and on and isn't very good. Wesley Johnson has been terrible. 

The free agent market for interior linemen is really bad this year so far. I'm actually keen on something that @Fureys49ers said in the draft thread which is to possibly trade Armstead for a serviceable guard. 

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are a couple of serviceable centers available. Nothing to get super excited, but guys that could come in and be an improvement. Ryan Jensen is having a really nice year for Baltimore the last I heard. I don't know if that is flukey or not, but last I heard, he was performing well. Weston Richburg has never been awful if I understand, though he's not super great. Given how bad the Giant's offensive line is though, I'm probably wary of signing any guy that they are willing to let walk at this point. 

After that though, it's a whole lot of badness. Kilgore may actually be the next best. Bodine is atrocious. Swanson has struggled to keep his job off and on and isn't very good. Wesley Johnson has been terrible. 

The free agent market for interior linemen is really bad this year so far. I'm actually keen on something that @Fureys49ers said in the draft thread which is to possibly trade Armstead for a serviceable guard. 

Spencer Long might be worth considering too

I just noticed Jimmie Graham's name on this list.  He sure would make a nice addition.  A little old now, but are we trying to win in 2018 or not for another year or two.  I've been thinking we should take another mid round shot at a TE.  Even if Kittle develops Celek is pretty worthless. I like that Penn state guy, Gesicki, and he might be available with our first pick in the 4th, although I like him enough to think he might go in the 3rd.

8 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I just noticed Jimmie Graham's name on this list.  He sure would make a nice addition.  A little old now, but are we trying to win in 2018 or not for another year or two.  I've been thinking we should take another mid round shot at a TE.  Even if Kittle develops Celek is pretty worthless. I like that Penn state guy, Gesicki, and he might be available with our first pick in the 4th, although I like him enough to think he might go in the 3rd.

He turns 31 in 3 weeks, that's not that old. I'd certainly like him here, not sure whether he'd be tempted to play here though. TE is not the biggest priority but we should certainly be looking to bring in someone with good hands. If Kittle's inconsistency continues we need an alternative.

20 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

He turns 31 in 3 weeks, that's not that old. I'd certainly like him here, not sure whether he'd be tempted to play here though. TE is not the biggest priority but we should certainly be looking to bring in someone with good hands. If Kittle's inconsistency continues we need an alternative.

I would put him out wide in some packages and put Kittle at TE in those packages.

• 4 weeks later...

We can take Alshon off the list - he signed an extension with Philly. I'm not terribly upset about it as he wouldn't have been one of my primary targets in FA at receiver, but it's certainly a bit of a ding in the free agent class. 

Archived