2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

I won't repeat here all of what I just said in the MInor 9er news thread but one of the FAs I'd really like make a solid effort to land is Weston Richborg.  One of the best young centers in the league. Instant and big upgrade over Kilgore and having a solid vet in the middle would allow us to play both Garnett and a rookie like Nelson on either side of him.

23 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I won't repeat here all of what I just said in the MInor 9er news thread but one of the FAs I'd really like make a solid effort to land is Weston Richborg.  One of the best young centers in the league. Instant and big upgrade over Kilgore and having a solid vet in the middle would allow us to play both Garnett and a rookie like Nelson on either side of him.

Richburg or Jensen I'd be happy with at Center. I don't think that we'd make two picks on the interior line early in the draft for some reason, so for me, I'm more about signing a center and drafting a guard (Nelson, as most people know). 

Yep, Jensen would be fine.  I just think the Ravens organization if pretty decent so there's a good chance they re-sign him whereas everyone should want out of NY. The rest of what you said is what I said in the other post.  I'm drooling at the thought of Garnett, Richborg or Jensen, and Nelson as our interior 3. I bet that even if we did nothing else to the offense it would still be significantly better with that line change.

I like Richburg but I think Pugh is the best young O-Lineman on that Giants line. I think he'd be a Pro Bowler in a zone-blocking scheme like ours@RG. Plus his ability to back-up either tackle spot is a rarity and would help out a ton. I'd be more incline to draft Price from OSU, a plug and play@Center and go after Pugh in free agency. That's a pretty good trifecta itself(Garnett, Price, and Pugh). 

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I like Richburg but I think Pugh is the best young O-Lineman on that Giants line. I think he'd be a Pro Bowler in a zone-blocking scheme like ours@RG. Plus his ability to back-up either tackle spot is a rarity and would help out a ton. I'd be more incline to draft Price from OSU, a plug and play@Center and go after Pugh in free agency. That's a pretty good trifecta itself(Garnett, Price, and Pugh). 

I'm fine with this too. I think we need a good veteran at either C or G and then a very promising rookie at the other spot. The problem is our first pic is likely to be around 6 while our second is likely to be around 60.  Nelson is  a nice target at 6.  6 is too high for Price and he'll be long gone by 60.

FWIW I just saw two new mocks drafts that have us taking the OT from Texas.

3 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I'm fine with this too. I think we need a good veteran at either C or G and then a very promising rookie at the other spot. The problem is our first pic is likely to be around 6 while our second is likely to be around 60.  Nelson is  a nice target at 6.  6 is too high for Price and he'll be long gone by 60.

FWIW I just saw two new mocks drafts that have us taking the OT from Texas.

I think Price will be there in the second. Plus, I expect us to trade back if we stay in the top 5.

58 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think Price will be there in the second. Plus, I expect us to trade back if we stay in the top 5.

It would be much easier if we still had our own second rounder, but since that pick turned into Jimmy, I doubt we can get Price in the second. We'll see what trade opportunities we have at the end of the year, though.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I"ve seen multiple mocks having Price go at the bottom of the first.  But even if he lasts till the second remember that we gave up our second for JG. The  pick we have will be down near the bottom of the second and I realy doubt he lasts till then.  If he did that would be a fantastic pick.

19 minutes ago, Geek said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones/status/942909106544766976

Idk if this was posted anywhere yet. I wonder who it is. Terrell Pryor?

I think Kevin Jones is trying to pump up his celebrity by making some crap up. He's been talking about how he has the most followers he's ever had and most people listening to his podcast so he's trying to find a way to stay relevant. The old "sources are telling me" crap.

Everyone and their mother knows that the niners are bout to be the best free agent market this offseason, its not a big leap. 

On 12/17/2017 at 3:38 PM, big9erfan said:

I"ve seen multiple mocks having Price go at the bottom of the first.  But even if he lasts till the second remember that we gave up our second for JG. The  pick we have will be down near the bottom of the second and I realy doubt he lasts till then.  If he did that would be a fantastic pick.

Me too. I don't know if he goes in the first - could be a Lamp situation last year where he goes in the top of the second, but no way is he there for our second round pick. 

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think Kevin Jones is trying to pump up his celebrity by making some crap up. He's been talking about how he has the most followers he's ever had and most people listening to his podcast so he's trying to find a way to stay relevant. The old "sources are telling me" crap.

Everyone and their mother knows that the niners are bout to be the best free agent market this offseason, its not a big leap. 

Yeah, occasionally he has a good insight, but mostly I find him to be an unabashed homer throwing stuff out that is either painfully obvious or entirely made up.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Me too. I don't know if he goes in the first - could be a Lamp situation last year where he goes in the top of the second, but no way is he there for our second round pick. 

We have plenty of ammunition available still to get wherever we need if we want him badly enough.

Archived